Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks fans aren't even talking about us

ColtStrong

I've spent a few hours on their boards, and they don't take us seriously. 

It doesn't matter what the fans think.  It only matters what the players think and how that impacts their preparations.  I can guarantee the Seahawks themselves are taking this game seriously as they do every game.  

I've spent a few hours on their boards, and they don't take us seriously. Andrew Luck is overrated, they havn't seen a D like seattle, yada yada.

That's nothing new. Nobody outside of Indiana takes anything here seriously. They think nobody's thinking about anything but corn and basketball.

You get used to it.

I will say that I think the only QB from that draft class that's overrated is Griffin. Take away the legs and he's just an average QB. But that's just my opinion and totally off-topic.

Well i'll be at the game I have season tickets i'm going to say 24 to 21 Colts and I think it'll be a 2 min drive to win it for Luck. But i'll say one thing Wilson is a lot better then RG3 he'll win a Superbowl I think Redskin fans have a more injured prone Michael Vick yes people will say but RG3 play's well that's because their coach's make him play. But this game should be really great i'm excited to watch it I think we might have the only team in the AFC who can upset the Bronco's because this is the best Colts defense in the regular season we've had in awhile. No i'm not saying that this team's defense is better then the defense we had in the playoff's when we won the Superbowl but this team this year can stop the run pretty well and were getting INT's and sacks I actually think Mathis could be defensive player of the year if he keeps it up.

So what did you expect by going to the Seahawks forum? I see a lot of negative comments right here in the Colts forum about them so why should theirs be any different?

I didn't expect anything? Where are these "lot" of comments that are negative about the Seahawks team? I've been reading. Maybe I'm blind. But I mainly see people who are hopeful, maybe too hopeful we will win. Other comments stating the Seahawks are looking pretty legit. I don't see very many comments saying the Seahawks look like they aren't as good as their record.

Seahawks fan here.. not sure why you guys are concerned about whether or not a message board is talking about you?  lol.

Disregard the undefeated talk from our fans.. those people are WAY over myopic about this team.  Fact is.. the game Sunday is a toss up at this point as each side matches up very well with one another.  The Seahawks are NOT going to sniff 16-0.  13-3 though is a realistic expectation..

However, one of those 3 losses could very well be Sunday.  Lots of respect for the Colts and #12.  

Here's to a good game with both sides coming out healthy.  

That's nothing new. Nobody outside of Indiana takes anything here seriously. They think nobody's thinking about anything but corn and basketball.

You get used to it.

I will say that I think the only QB from that draft class that's overrated is Griffin. Take away the legs and he's just an average QB. But that's just my opinion and totally off-topic.

Please, tell me more about the corn :P

Off topic or not, despite Wilson/Luck being top 2 out of the young QB club this matchup isn't hyped as much due to the low key nature of both guys. There's no hot wife on Hard Knocks, no Subway commercials and I'm fairly sure neither of them thinks they are Superman. Given that any buildup has been about the teams, and the D side of the ball mainly, it's......refreshing.

Seahawks fan here.. not sure why you guys are concerned about whether or not a message board is talking about you? lol.

Disregard the undefeated talk from our fans.. those people are WAY over myopic about this team. Fact is.. the game Sunday is a toss up at this point as each side matches up very well with one another. The Seahawks are NOT going to sniff 16-0. 13-3 though is a realistic expectation..

However, one of those 3 losses could very well be Sunday. Lots of respect for the Colts and #12.

Thanks for the post! Good thing is fans don't play the game! I see no problem talking about each other myself. I don't blame them. I like to talk about my team as well. Can't wait for Sundays game, going to be awesome!

Good luck, and here's to an injury free game! Hopefully with the colts winning of course ;)

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, October 4, 2013 - links to other forums
Hidden by Nadine, October 4, 2013 - links to other forums

Another Seahawks fan here.  We do respect the Colts a lot, but we're exhausted from hype surrounding the 49er & Texan games.  Forums are very quiet in general.  Personally, my adrenal glands didn't get back to normal until Tuesday this week.  Here are our (relevant, no Jags) prediction threads -

Colts:      http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75169

Texans:  http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74170

49ers:     http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72661

(links fixed)

The Colts threads has closer predictions and more losses predicted than the 49er, and about the same as the Texans.  Keep in mind most NFL fans of competitive teams would have psychological problems predicting a loss for their team, and the best indication of "fear" is how close the prediction is.  Some fans who did predict losses to the Texans were chastised by other fans, and it creates a little extra pressure to have faith/believe in our team after failing them once...Also, some fans will always predict a blowout regardless of opponent.  :P

Big fan of Luck by the way, especially for his personality and character.  Edit:  He gave an awesome interview to Seattle media on Wednesday.

Edited by Nadine
links to other forums

Dont get ahead of yourself. On paper Seattle and Indy are identical this season so far. Itll be a good test for both teams and will likely be a nail biter. Don't be surprised if it takes some Luck heroics in the end to pull it out. 

Then again that may prove your point to Seattle fans better :P

could be luck or wilson heroics at the end lol. 

Well i'll be at the game I have season tickets i'm going to say 24 to 21 Colts and I think it'll be a 2 min drive to win it for Luck. But i'll say one thing Wilson is a lot better then RG3 he'll win a Superbowl I think Redskin fans have a more injured prone Michael Vick yes people will say but RG3 play's well that's because their coach's make him play. But this game should be really great i'm excited to watch it I think we might have the only team in the AFC who can upset the Bronco's because this is the best Colts defense in the regular season we've had in awhile. No i'm not saying that this team's defense is better then the defense we had in the playoff's when we won the Superbowl but this team this year can stop the run pretty well and were getting INT's and sacks I actually think Mathis could be defensive player of the year if he keeps it up.

i think you may be underestimating the redskins and the fact they prob have the best back up QB in the NFL right now. RG3/Cousins in the same draft they def didnt go wrong there. their only problem is they brought RG3 back way to soon (mentally speaking) when they have a very capable back up in Cousins who could prob have beaten Philly and Detroit and Oakland and have them sitting at 3-1 or 2-2 at the bye. 

I don't think Russell gives a hoot, that's what makes him Russell Wilson.

Greetings Colts fans. As a Seahawk fan...two games I circled as possible losses this year were the Houston game and this game against a very good Colts team. We had a very tough win against the Texans, that J.J.Watt is one non stop beast, and I was proud of the make shift OL  doing JUST enough to allow Wilson, to find escape routes. I think Luck has improved from his rookie year, and going thru his progression better, and now that you have Richardson, that helps to balance your offensive game plan. Texans did well with the down and out passes, nothing deep. I saw another topic about Sherman claiming Wilson in better than Luck, and that is merely standing behind your leader but I know Sherm, has nothing but respect for Luck, seeing her had to deal with him in practices at Standford. He might have also consider Wilson's off field contributions, which is why he has become so endearing to the 12th Man, you can find out from this link http://q13fox.com/2013/10/02/qbs-touching-reunion-with-young-heart-

transplant-patient-biggest-fan/#axzz2gjbYisWs This game can go either way, but I see great things happening for the Colts, win or lose. Cheers from Vancouver, Canada, ...GoHawks

Reminder

Posting links to other forums is prohibited here. http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Please do not post in an inflamatory manner: Flaming, also known as bashing, is hostile and insulting interaction between forum members. Intentional and unintentional 'Flames' include questioning someones intelligence or fandom as well as any other post that is likely to increase arguments on the forum such as linking to another teams forum.Do not link to or promote other boards as it causes issues with their fans, especially where they are discussing something concerning our team. This only serves to create board wars and all such links will be deleted and posts/threads edited. Such links can also be viewed as 'promotion' (which is also NOT Allowed)

You get used to it.

haha you are so right. They think we are all country, corn and basketball. Low and behold Indianapolis is one of the more violent cities currently in the states. Seems like people don't even know we have a fairly large city.

At the same time what is Seattle & Washington known for???? Grunge music, Space needle and Twilight!

haha

Nice job of chest thumping, folks!  It is a right of passage for any fan of a team to rip and demean not just the opposing team, but their fans also!

LOL!  All I have to say is that I hope that when the final whistle blows that neither team will have suffered any major injuries, and that the Seahawks had crushed the living crap out of the Cols ;)

You get used to it.

Unfortunately in every aspect of every issue of the existence of this country, we are the area that you have to fly over to get to LA or NY

I love it when we can shove that attitude down their throats

another Hawk fan here...

I think our boards (at least the one I hang out in) are definitely talking about the game and discussing Russ and company going up against Luck and Co..  Most of us looked at the Colts and Texans as two of the toughest games for us this year, so we are all talking about who is injured on our team and who is able to play, but I think the consensus is that these Hawks and Colts are two good teams and well matched up. 

I am anticipating some tough gut checks by both teams this Sunday and the winning team just getting some points to fall their way to win it by a field goal or so.  Whether it is Hawks or Colts, just looking forward to a good game and no more injuries.  I am prepared to see some great offense from your Colts and hoping you are surprised by how good our Hawks are.  But of course personally, I would like the hawks to pull this one off, you guys already have "Luck" so I am hoping for some on our side.

Guest TeamLoloJones

another Hawk fan here...

I think our boards (at least the one I hang out in) are definitely talking about the game and discussing Russ and company going up against Luck and Co..  Most of us looked at the Colts and Texans as two of the toughest games for us this year, so we are all talking about who is injured on our team and who is able to play, but I think the consensus is that these Hawks and Colts are two good teams and well matched up. 

I am anticipating some tough gut checks by both teams this Sunday and the winning team just getting some points to fall their way to win it by a field goal or so.  Whether it is Hawks or Colts, just looking forward to a good game and no more injuries.  I am prepared to see some great offense from your Colts and hoping you are surprised by how good our Hawks are.  But of course personally, I would like the hawks to pull this one off, you guys already have "Luck" so I am hoping for some on our side.

It's too bad Luck and Wilson don't play in the same conference...I think it would be the closet we ever get to Brady vs. Manning again.  And no one will be surprised by how good the Hawks are...we all know how good you guys are.

They will be talking about the Colts AFTER the game

Precisely, the final act, just like in a Greek Tragedy, is all that matters. Chatter is meaningless, but the last 2 minutes define everything.

It's too bad Luck and Wilson don't play in the same conference...I think it would be the closet we ever get to Brady vs. Manning again.  And no one will be surprised by how good the Hawks are...we all know how good you guys are.

I agree 100% TLJ. I'd love the Hawks as an AFC South rival. Throw the Titans out. Facing a secondary that tight  twice a season would be an asset to us. Whoever wins it will be an NFL Classic in a few years. 

Precisely, the final act, just like in a Greek Tragedy, is all that matters. Chatter is meaningless, but the last 2 minutes define everything.

I agree 100% TLJ. I'd love the Hawks as an AFC South rival. Throw the Titans out. Facing a secondary that tight twice a season would be an asset to us. Whoever wins it will be an NFL Classic in a few years.

Sadly, Seattle is still on the west coast. Would be silly to put them in a division primarily in EST.

Also, why pick on the Titans? Theyre really good this year.

According to Football Outsiders, the Colts are ranked 26th in run defense.  Not really sold that they can stop the run very well.  Fortunately for the Colts, the Hawks oline is in shambles, with Unger, Okung and Giacomini out.  Their three best olinement.  The Sweezy experiment at offensive line seems to be an abject failure and Carpenter is being looked at as a total bust.  Guy is too fat and slow to even pull block. 

another Hawk fan here...

Welcome bob

Same here with the injuries.

Greetings Colts fans. As a Seahawk fan...two games I circled as possible losses this year were the Houston game and this game against a very good Colts team. We had a very tough win against the Texans, that J.J.Watt is one non stop beast, and I was proud of the make shift OL  doing JUST enough to allow Wilson, to find escape routes. I think Luck has improved from his rookie year, and going thru his progression better, and now that you have Richardson, that helps to balance your offensive game plan. Texans did well with the down and out passes, nothing deep. I saw another topic about Sherman claiming Wilson in better than Luck, and that is merely standing behind your leader but I know Sherm, has nothing but respect for Luck, seeing her had to deal with him in practices at Standford. He might have also consider Wilson's off field contributions, which is why he has become so endearing to the 12th Man, you can find out from this link http://q13fox.com/2013/10/02/qbs-touching-reunion-with-young-heart-

transplant-patient-biggest-fan/#axzz2gjbYisWs This game can go either way, but I see great things happening for the Colts, win or lose. Cheers from Vancouver, Canada, ...GoHawks

Thanks for that link

I have to say, I'm really starting to like Seahawk fans

Cheers from Indy!

Seahawks fan here.. not sure why you guys are concerned about whether or not a message board is talking about you?  lol.

Disregard the undefeated talk from our fans.. those people are WAY over myopic about this team.  Fact is.. the game Sunday is a toss up at this point as each side matches up very well with one another.  The Seahawks are NOT going to sniff 16-0.  13-3 though is a realistic expectation..

However, one of those 3 losses could very well be Sunday.  Lots of respect for the Colts and #12.  

There are whack jobs for every team, well maybe with the exception of the 2 Jag fans, although I question both's loyalty.....anyway a great match up between two very evenly matched squad.....I look forward to watching a very physical and cerebral game....

Nice job of chest thumping, folks!  It is a right of passage for any fan of a team to rip and demean not just the opposing team, but their fans also!

LOL!  All I have to say is that I hope that when the final whistle blows that neither team will have suffered any major injuries, and that the Seahawks had crushed the living crap out of the Cols ;)

Well there ya go Driveby.  Your Hawks should come out with a W sunday...being as though they are playin' the Cols!!!  :lol:  :goodluck:

The Seahawks were coming off of a 7 win season prior to adding Wilson. We won two games prior to Luck and then Grigson flushed the team and started over. My point is - they had more talent to work with than our GM. To say that Grigson is the top GM of the NFL in the past decade would be an understatement. 

Hang around for the ride folks. The next 5+ years are going to be good years to be Colts fans.