Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

350 For Luck Sunday

dw49

I think we cross them up and throw the ball a lot this Sunday. The Jaguar secondary is young and riddled with injuries. Perfect week to turn Luck loose anf throw the ball down the field. We have plenty of time to work on this new power game Pagano and Irsay want. Pounding the ball like the Jaguars are probably expecting , IMO , is the only way the jags can stay in the game. 

So my over and under on A. Luck Sunday is 350 yards.

:facepalm:

Some of you are seriously in over your heads with this game. I'm gonna laugh if the Jags get their 1st win against us. No reason you overlook any team in the NFL

" in over our heads with this game "  LOL... What the heck does that mean ? Furthermore I say that we need to exploit their secondary to put this game away. They more than likely are going to have 2 starting DB's miss the game. I go on to say that if we just pound the ball and try to out muscle them , we could be in trouble. I don't think that in any way "disrespects an 8.5 point underdog. 

BTW... who are you anyway ?  You infer that you are a Colt fan but then go on to say that "you will laugh if we lose." Not that I really give a rats rump but just curious as that is a bit "different ?" I use different rather than the two words that would get me banned.

" in over our heads with this game " LOL... What the heck does that mean ? Furthermore I say that we need to exploit their secondary to put this game away. They more than likely are going to have 2 starting DB's miss the game. I go on to say that if we just pound the ball and try to out muscle them , we could be in trouble. I don't think that in any way "disrespects an 8.5 point underdog.

BTW... who are you anyway ? You infer that you are a Colt fan but then go on to say that "you will laugh if we lose." Not that I really give a rats rump but just curious as that is a bit "different ?" I use different rather than the two words that would get me banned.

I'm TKnight24 (Formerly TKnight85) of the :colts: forum. Nice to meet you.

And yes I will laugh cause some of you are being cocky and chalking this game as a win yet the Jags are 3-1 against us when Blaine Gabbert starts. So how can you be so cocky?

Actualy tk is right . Chalking this game up as a win already is the wrong move . The jags ALWAYS play us tough . If we can get the deep ball go for it but I like this new power run identity .

Who "chalked the game up as a win"  

And yes I will laugh cause some of you are being cocky and chalking this game as a win yet the Jags are 3-1 against us when Blaine Gabbert starts. So how can you be so cocky?

Where did you get that 3-1 stat from... your little sister ? C'mon formally T Knight , if you want to troll me , don't try to do it with bogus stats. 

He's right.  2-0 in 11 1-1 in 12

Yes he is . I did forget that we had the 2-14 season. Hardly has a thing to do with how they match up with this team. But my bad on that. Anyway, he's just trolling as I don't even say this is a sure win. 

Doubt that from Luck, Jags can't stop a nose bleed in terms of their run defense. Jags are dead last in run defense, giving up 168 yards a game on the ground

Me.. I would attack their secondary. 

Ball           starting CB.... limited practice

Gratz         starting CB ... did not practice

Blackman   reserve CB...limited practice

Lowery       Starting S .... did not practice

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and agree with TKnight on this. The Jags, no matter how pitiful they look, always get up to play the Colts. This is a big game for them. Colts have to go in there ready to play

That isn't what the thread was about . It was an opinion that we should throw the ball against a terribly depleted secondary. Who in this thread said that this game is a mortal lock ? What I said is I think we're capable of blowing them out if we throw often and deep. There's nothing about how we can't lose to these guys because they are terrible. Must be something in the water.....

Me.. I would attack their secondary.

Ball starting CB.... limited practice

Gratz starting CB ... did not practice

Blackman reserve CB...limited practice

Lowery Starting S .... did not practice

We are going to attack their secondary, just not for 350 yards like the OP says, more like 235 and run for 140

Guest TeamLoloJones

We are going to attack their secondary, just not for 350 yards like the OP says, more like 235 and run for 140

I want the Jags to have negative passing yards...BLITZ!!!

I don't think anyone is chalking this game up as a win, more confidence our team can win a winnable game. I expect this team, as I am sure the players expect this team to win this game. Remember what was said when we traded for TRich? Were all in Pag, Gris and Irsay all said......We are all in. That means everyone in the organization is planning on playing well past December. That means you win the games your expected to win. Do you really believe anyone in the locker room thinks they are going to lose this game? Everyone knows that MUST win this game. I, as well as many other posters would be nothing less then shocked to see the Colts lose this game. 

The Jaguars are nothing like the Jags of old. I don't see MDJ going for 375, I seriously doubt Gabbert is going to pick apart our defense. I know the WR corps for the Jaguars is devastated. They have Cecil Shorts, everyone else is out. I mean they had to promote 2 WR for the practice squad. Does anyone really think Blaine, Cecil, and the practice squad duo will shred us. MJD 2.2 average this year. You think our line looks bad at times? (I'm not saying it don't). Watch that line, you could give them a sheet of paper and a hole punch......They still wouldn't figure out how to make a hole. Can't say the offense scares me much.

Defense you say? Jaguars play more 8 in the box then any team in the NFL. and still can't stop the run. 2 Rookies at safety. It's sad to say but this really could get ugly. My final reason is that the Jaguars front office is in no way going to lose out on Bridgewater. Hopefully we get "Lucky" and they take Johnny Football so we can all watch Ryan Leif part 2.JMHO. 

That isn't what the thread was about . It was an opinion that we should throw the ball against a terribly depleted secondary. Who in this thread said that this game is a mortal lock ? What I said is I think we're capable of blowing them out if we throw often and deep. There's nothing about how we can't lose to these guys because they are terrible. Must be something in the water.....

That's fair. I was more defending TKnight from your accusation of trolling. I don't think the laughing comment was a reference to the Colts losing but more about fans being overconfident when anything can happen on Sunday. I'm just hoping that all of us realize there is no sure thing in the NFL. There has been a lot of Colts hype this week from fans and media. I just don't want people to assume it's a foregone conclusion that the Colts will win. They should win, but they need to show up and do it. Luck certainly has the potential to light up the Jags for 350, I won't argue with that. I'm just not sure that this year's offense is built for him to do it. I don't care about the yards, just the W.

Guest TeamLoloJones

it's going to be a win. go ahead and put a notch in the W column

*** your BOLD STONE COLD ASSERTATION of the week ***

did i mention bold

Here's my COLD STONE CREAMERY ASSERTION of the week: strawberry cheesecake

did i mention cheesecake 

This is going to be a trap game, calling it now. Why do you think Pagano did the mousetrap thing?

So you're saying that even though Pagano knows you never ever look past a divisional opponent and ahead to a strong non conference game, and set out reminders concerning such, that the players will disregard such warnings looking toward to Seattle game? Wow! If we do, we don't deserve the playoffs. Coach Pagano, and most everyone else too, knows the best way to the playoffs is win your division. You have to beat your division foes to have a good chance to do that, otherwise they could own a tiebreaker or more against you.

So you're saying that even though Pagano knows you never ever look past a divisional opponent and ahead to a strong non conference game, and set out reminders concerning such, that the players will disregard such warnings looking toward to Seattle game? Wow! If we do, we don't deserve the playoffs. Coach Pagano, and most everyone else too, knows the best way to the playoffs is win your division. You have to beat your division foes to have a good chance to do that, otherwise they could own a tiebreaker or more against you.

Someone who definitely gets it.

Can I laugh at those who think we could lose this one?

Someone who definitely gets it.

Can I laugh at those who think we could lose this one

Yes... now you may do so. Glad you are laughing rather than another guy in this thread. Too bad Luck was off in the first 20 minutes.. could have won by 50.

Jags put up the expected 'division rival' fight to start. hope they do it to TN and Houston too. And I'm glad we didn't fold and kept plugging until it clicked.  Now we can look toward the Seahawks.

Ehhh ... was more of a few bad throws by Luck and some miscommunication problems or bad routes (dunno which) , more than it was the Jags playing us tough. We stoned MJD and Gabbert was and still is Gabbert.

Ehhh ... was more of a few bad throws by Luck and some miscommunication problems or bad routes (dunno which) , more than it was the Jags playing us tough. We stoned MJD and Gabbert was and still is Gabbert.

OK, Luck wasn't playing well, so he was just throwing the ball in the vicinity of Blue Jerseys at the start, without pressure?

I know I only had RedZone and what highlights during game I could find on TV and on the PC, but I saw a few plays like threading a needle in tight 2 man coverage down the seam and what looked like a dropped pass was actually slightly tipped by one of those defenders, etc.  Maybe between the 20's when other games were on Redzone Luck looked like Gabbert 2.0, I don't know.  But I know he wasn't out there like he was in his backyard playing pitch and catch.

OK, Luck wasn't playing well, so he was just throwing the ball in the vicinity of Blue Jerseys at the start, without pressure?

I know I only had RedZone and what highlights during game I could find on TV and on the PC, but I saw a few plays like threading a needle in tight 2 man coverage down the seam and what looked like a dropped pass was actually slightly tipped by one of those defenders, etc.  Maybe between the 20's when other games were on Redzone Luck looked like Gabbert 2.0, I don't know.  But I know he wasn't out there like he was in his backyard playing pitch and catch.

Little of both is what I'd say. But if you want to insist that the jags played good defense for around 15 minutes , I'll give you that.

Little of both is what I'd say. But if you want to insist that the jags played good defense for around 15 minutes , I'll give you that.

Yeah, that was what I was getting at originally. When the worst team in football keeps you scoreless for the whole 1st quarter, they had to have been at least somewhat up to deliver their best shot before going down. Otherwise ... I don't even want to visualize it.  ;)