Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradshaw's Granny passed away prior to the game...

John Dee

Per the Reggie Wayne show on 1260.   Dude did not tell anyone about it pre game or after.      Team mates were asking about AH on the flight home as if they had left him behind,  that is when Pags told the team he was going to his grandmother's funeral.      

What a tough dude....    I really like quiet, humble, and productive LEADERS. 

Rock on AH...

If this has been posted anywhere else please merge.

that's exactly what Reggie Wayne said on the show...

I will link the show if I can, but 1260 does not podcast EvERY thing like 1070 does.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Ahmad and his family !!!  I know that's always tough, maybe playing took his mind off things for a while. 

Per the Reggie Wayne show on 1260.   Dude did not tell anyone about it pre game or after.      Team mates were asking about AH on the flight home as if they had left him behind,  that is when Pags told the team he was going to his grandmother's funeral.      

What a tough dude....    I really like quiet, humble, and productive LEADERS. 

Rock on AH...

If this has been posted anywhere else please merge.

WOW, how does anyone function at their job with a burden like this. I know I could not. Amazing!

I am utterly astonished at some of the utter astonishment displayed here. As far as I'm concerned what he did was appropriate and normal. Part of it is that people are different. Part of it is that he's paid an enormous amount of money for what he does during three hours on Sunday. His grandmother wasn't hanging off the edge of a building waiting for him to rescue her, she's gone. The family will obviously wait for him before performing any services. In the meantime you honor her by fulfilling your responsibilities to the best of your ability. Different perhaps if the sudden death of younger person, or if a survivor desperately needs your comfort to keep themselves from a breakdown, but that's unlikely to be the case when talking about a grandmother.

Personally I don't like discussing something so personal with co-workers. I consider barely sincere sympathies offered by work "friends" (who completely forget about the conversation by the time they get back to their offices) to be more uncomfortable than helpful. Responding to them just becomes another burden. Put your head down, do your job, and then go mourn at the appropriate time in the appropriate place.

WOW, how does anyone function at their job with a burden like this. I know I could not. Amazing!

Everyone is different, and for some, it's best to have your job to focus on.  I remember when my husband's mother passed away, and we had a Singing Performance scheduled for the next evening.  I wanted to cancel, but Ron insisted we honor our commitment, and we did.  It's what his mom would have wanted, and in Ahmad's case, I'm sure it's what his grandmother would have wanted.  I know it was hard for him, but also what he NEEDED to do.   Thoughts and Prayers go out to him and the rest of his family.    :heart:  :hug:

WOW...     

I am utterly astonished at some of the utter astonishment displayed here. As far as I'm concerned what he did was appropriate and normal. Part of it is that people are different. Part of it is that he's paid an enormous amount of money for what he does during three hours on Sunday. His grandmother wasn't hanging off the edge of a building waiting for him to rescue her, she's gone. The family will obviously wait for him before performing any services. In the meantime you honor her by fulfilling your responsibilities to the best of your ability. Different perhaps if the sudden death of younger person, or if a survivor desperately needs your comfort to keep themselves from a breakdown, but that's unlikely to be the case when talking about a grandmother.

Personally I don't like discussing something so personal with co-workers. I consider barely sincere sympathies offered by work "friends" (who completely forget about the conversation by the time they get back to their offices) to be more uncomfortable than helpful. Responding to them just becomes another burden. Put your head down, do your job, and then go mourn at the appropriate time in the appropriate place.

Well said...

You are a stronger man than me MAC. I admire your sentiment stated here though. If I'm close to someone & they die, I can't function period. Everything else drops & stops. Honoring a person's memory comes in many forms: Consoling others in pain, expressing your own melancholiness, making others laugh & reflect on happier times with the now departed person, or paying the ultimate tribute to the fallen by dedicating a performance to them through playing a perfect game, creating an artistic masterpiece, or conducting a seamless musical performance. To each their own naturally...

I play this one a lot when a close friend or family member leaves me way to early...A classic....SW1 on percussion & other friends on guitar...

"http://youtu.be/rj4J6i_vw0w"

Everyone is different, and for some, it's best to have your job to focus on.  I remember when my husband's mother passed away, and we had a Singing Performance scheduled for the next evening.  I wanted to cancel, but Ron insisted we honor our commitment, and we did.  It's what his mom would have wanted, and in Ahmad's case, I'm sure it's what his grandmother would have wanted.  I know it was hard for him, but also what he NEEDED to do.   Thoughts and Prayers go out to him and the rest of his family.    :heart:  :hug:

Beautifully & eloquently articulated Gramz thank you. Different strokes for different folks. Sorry Ron, losing a mother is so devastating it's beyond words....My condolences...

Usually, I just play a medley of their favorite band, artist, songs, or musical genre. It's very cathartic actually & a fitting homage to their life, legacy, & influence upon me...

Beautifully & eloquently articulated Gramz thank you. Different strokes for different folks. Sorry Ron, losing a mother is so devastating it's beyond words....My condolences...

Usually, I just play a medley of their favorite band, artist, songs, or musical genre. It's very cathartic actually & a fitting homage to their life, legacy, & influence upon me...

For some reason, at my worst times emotionally, Queen's "The Show Must Go On" appeals to me or Mary Chapin Carpenter's "Why Shouldn't We."

Hang in there Mr. Bradshaw; We've all been there God's speed sir....Okay, I'll stop now...Thanks for indulging me. I appreciate it.  :hat: