Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts looked at five running backs.

MTC

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23784076/colts-had-mikel-leshoure-toby-gerhart-on-radar-before-acquiring-richardson

The other players reportedly was

Toby Gerheart - Vikings

Mikel Leshoure - Lions

Ryan Williams - Cardianls

Grigson and his staff re-watched film of about five players primarily, according to sources, as they devised a strategy. Richardson, the third-overall pick in 2012, was obviously highest on their list, but as they knew it could be difficult to land him, they did not focus solely on him. They also made overtures to Detroit about Mikel Leshoure (the Lions quickly rebuffed sources said) and to Minnesota about backup Toby Gerhart, who played for Indy's offensive coordinator, Pep Hamilton, at Stanford. Arizona's oft-injured Ryan Williams was another player they investigated. The Cards shopped Williams in the preseason but did not receive a call from Grigson, sources said. Additionally, former Chargers first-round pickRyan Mathews, who has struggled and remains on his rookie deal, was not among the players Grigson considered, according to sources, nor was former Saints first-round pickMark Ingram.

Maybe for a late round pick but nothing higher than a #4. I am glad we ended up with TRich over any of those others.

My thinking on Ingram is this, He is a physical running back that can also catch some passes....well the Saints play indoors on turf, made for speed and we all know there offense is pass heavy. He needs to go to a team thats commited to a balanced attack where he has a shot to get more touches, What he has done in the league so far dont speak to how talented he really is, Some people will dismiss a player as someone who cant play because he didn't cut it for a team he was drafted by, Well Ingram got drafted by a team thats not ever going to use his talents on a consistent basis

My thinking on Ingram is this, He is a physical running back that can also catch some passes....well the Saints play indoors on turf, made for speed and we all know there offense is pass heavy. He needs to go to a team thats commited to a balanced attack where he has a shot to get more touches, What he has done in the league so far dont speak to how talented he really is, Some people will dismiss a player as someone who cant play because he didn't cut it for a team he was drafted by, Well Ingram got drafted by a team thats not ever going to use his talents on a consistent basis

Didn't trent have a much better career at Alabama then Ingram? Ingram is not a bad option but I would rather have Trent given the option.

I always value the eye test over stats and most everyone watching BAMA, including me, thought Richardson was a lot better than Ingram just on sight alone. I just believe BAMA had so much garbage time because of big leads, that averages get skewed too easily.

I always value the eye test over stats and most everyone watching BAMA, including me, thought Richardson was a lot better than Ingram just on sight alone. I just believe BAMA had so much garbage time because of big leads, that averages get skewed too easily.

I watched Richardson spell Ingram as a Freshman and it was pretty obvious then that Richardson was a much better RB, from what I saw.

Mark Ingram is terrible, worse than Donald Brown. I wouldn't trade a red cent for Ingram.

You are 100% correct. Looking at stats and then making judgements based on those stats don't tell the big picture. We have all been witnessed with the Luck-RG3 debate. 

I am very glad we got Trent rather than those guys. Fred Jackson would have been decent too. Not a fan of Mark Ingram.

But I am VERY happy we have Ahmad Bradshaw. I'm liking him over Trent due to his explosiveness and he can cut through the line and shake off people. Love it.

I am very glad we got Trent rather than those guys. Fred Jackson would have been decent too. Not a fan of Mark Ingram.

But I am VERY happy we have Ahmad Bradshaw. I'm liking him over Trent due to his explosiveness and he can cut through the line and shake off people. Love it.

TRich is what 22?  Fred Jackson is what 32? I will take a younger RB anytime over an older one. I know the Bradshaw is a little older but he is only signed for 2 years I think.