Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton

danlhart87

I am strongly considering him as the Colts future #1 WR! He's certainly proven since his rookie year that he can work as the #2 and in the slot! I hope im not the only one who thinks Hilton would be a great #1 WR. Besides the only other current WR we have I could see being future #1s are Brazil and Rogers and both of those are toss ups due to suspensions and off the field troubles.

T.Y.'s like Reggie's side-kick, just like Reggie was Marvin's side-kick... It's obvious to me that T.Y. will be a leader on this team in the future.  as far as #1 reciever.... Well I think he will always be overshadowed because he is small.  But, I think that T.Y. is a lot like Victor Cruz.

I am strongly considering him as the Colts future #1 WR! He's certainly proven since his rookie year that he can work as the #2 and in the slot! I hope im not the only one who thinks Hilton would be a great #1 WR. Besides the only other current WR we have I could see being future #1s are Brazil and Rogers and both of those are toss ups due to suspensions and off the field troubles.

Dear God...

1) I am not sure there could be anything more irrelevant than you considering him as a future # 1

2) If you are the only one who thinks that, who cares?

3) Brazill & Rogers are toss ups as future # 1 receivers? Uhh, nope.

Hilton has lots of potential, but Wayne seems to be our only reliable reciever. DHB has looked pathetic, Hilton has made "some" good plays, Fleener is hot and cold and needs to get more open. Whether we do well this year or not will depend on whether these guys show up to play or not. Not seeing wide open WRs like we should and Luck is having to thread needles.

I see him as a secondary receiver

Yeah, I hope he never has to be the number 1. I think he is most effective in the slot. I would prefer have a larger receiver as the number. Not saying smaller guys can't do it.....I would just rather have someone who can go up and fight for it.

My opinion, Hilton might make a #1 receiver but not a great #1 receiver.  Rogers is the only other reciever on the team that I think could be great and I have my doubts about him.  Chances are our Reggie replacement is still to be drafted.  Here's hoping Reggie sticks around a few more years.

This is the same old debate that has gone on here for awhile now.  What do you consider a #1 receiver to be.  Do you consider a #1 to be where they line up on the field, or do you consider a #1 to be the guy that is the main target and be the guy the QB depends on?

If you consider it as what position they line up on the field I don't think Hilton can be the "#1" WR.

If you consider it to be the main target then absolutely he can be the "#1" WR.

Welker has proved for years that you can be the guy that lines up in the slot (with next to no other legit WR talent except for the time Moss was there) and torch teams week in and week out and be your QB's go to guy.  There is no reason that Hilton can't be utilized in this same manner, other than his speed makes everybody want him to do nothing but catch long bombs.

Hilton has lots of potential, but Wayne seems to be our only reliable reciever. DHB has looked pathetic, Hilton has made "some" good plays, Fleener is hot and cold and needs to get more open. Whether we do well this year or not will depend on whether these guys show up to play or not. Not seeing wide open WRs like we should and Luck is having to thread needles.

This is probably a product of having manning, Wayne, Harrison and edge all those years and success but none if these guys with the exception of edge came in on their first year and turned heads that said they were going to be special. It's the start of these kids second year and they have all shown something that could be bright, give it time and enjoy it.

I don't see the DHB sucks at all. He has done well enough as a receiver for the team. Fleener has been inconsistent so far but again, second year guy working his routine into a career. TY has a huge ceiling to hit and could be a Marvin type guy if he can get more refined routes. I would love to see the colts add MH to the WR coaching staff and teach the young group how to run routes making them all look the same off the line, that was MH bread and butter and what separated that little frame from all the other bigger wr's.

I fully expect this team to look much more refined by mid season and come opening day next year, this team should be what we all want it to be as far as offensive firepower. I'm far more concerned about the defense than any part of the offense and that includes a pourous Oline.

T.Y is according too a fantasy program I was just watching is basicly being targeted more than Reggie & that he'll have a big game against the 49er's .

We Colts fans have seen he's special & some in the media as well I say the future is now & he is a shining star .. So #1  :thmup::applause:

He has my vote .. 

T.Y is according too a fantasy program I was just watching is basicly being targeted more than Reggie & that he'll have a big game against the 49er's .

We Colts fans have seen he's special & some in the media as well I say the future is now & he is a shining star .. So #1  :thmup::applause:

He has my vote .. 

yep 1 more target than Reggie has had , Hilton-17, Wayne-16.......Luck has been far more accurate to Wayne though, Missed Hilton for a td vs Miami if I remember correctly

yep 1 more target than Reggie has had , Hilton-17, Wayne-16.......Luck has been far more accurate to Wayne though, Missed Hilton for a td vs Miami if I remember correctly

:applause:  You have a better memory than me I was surprised to here that .  Reggie Wayne has great hands & makes circus catch's & 1 handed catch's look easy  .

The Colts are lucky to have him & his leadership.   T,Y with his speed & endzone corner catchs reminds me of Marvin Harrison .  

To be fair though, TY gets all the deep ball throws which are higher risk higher reward plays than Reggie so I would expect that TY would have a higher % of dropped or overthrown passes than Reggie. I would guess if you looked back over Marvin's history, the same would be true too.

We are going to see today how speed over the top (TY) a great short to mid range route guy (Reggie) a seem route guy (Fleener) and now a bruising RB (trich) makes a game plan come together better. Second question will be can DaRick do anything to scare DB's and open up a little more room for Trich? Possibilities are endless. Does the off coordinator have enough insight to get a perfect mix to make them all work together like we hope?