Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade for 49ers OLB Cam Johnson

MTC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show you they are worried about our pass rush and till Werner develops completely, Freeney will be missed on just the pure pass rush element.

We have shored up the run D aspect with Walden and DL bodies, now I expect moves more geared towards pass rush.

Granted, it was preseason, but he was beasting it. Kinda like their version of Caesar Rayford and a classic upside play. Good athlete for a 4-3 end but he could stand to be a little stronger. I wonder if we'll have him trim down to play LB or bulk up for the 4 man front....

I think Lamar Woodley is around 265 lbs, so you can play 3-4 OLB at that weight if you are athletic enough, IMO.

After looking at his wiki page he has some size 6'3 268 lbs.

From a size and athleticism combo, he's practically a clone of Werner. He's not the all-around player Bjoern is now and needs to add some strength, but that's the perfect kind of player to bring in cheaply and develop. He's already off to a good start having been in SF, and he'll be in the right place to keep improving here. I like the move.

If he's special teams help a special teams guy like Lefeged or Brown would make sense, five safeties is one more than most teams keep. It could also be a linebacker in which case you have to think Rayford would be the first to go on the outside lb spot because they aren't going to cut Werner, Walden, Or Mathis on the outside. Inside it could be Harvey. I think he would go before Shepard or Conner.

If he's special teams help a special teams guy like Lefeged or Brown would make sense, five safeties is one more than most teams keep. It could also be a linebacker in which case you have to think Rayford would be the first to go on the outside lb spot because they aren't going to cut Werner, Walden, Or Mathis on the outside. Inside it could be Harvey. I think he would go before Shepard or Conner.

I was thinking ILB