Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice Squad Signings/Roster Moves

cjwhiskers

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not picking on "just me", but you are picking on me unless I'm reading you wrong.  But that's okay!   The practice squad is certainly for developmental players.  Adongo has potential, but he is really a project.  More of a project than Ziggy Ansah because at least Ansah played college football for more than one season.  I don't see Adongo contributing at all this year, and if we get to a certain point with the injuries this year it's almost a given that they will cut him.  I just think their may be more NFL ready prospects that maybe could have been chosen.  If he develops faster than I thought then I will eat the crow I deserve I suppose.

If this international player on the PS is true -- this is a complete no-lose situation.  If Adongo can be on the practice squad as an additional body, it is like he is not even taking up a space.

He has the frame of a freak -- 6'5" 257 when he came over and I have heard reports that he has put 12 pounds of muscle on since joining the team -- that is 6'5" 269 lbs.... and he can move well.

There is no reason not to give him a shot.. if he can develop and learn in a year, it is a major success story.  If he cannot develop, we cut him after this season and that is it.  Not really a loss if it doesn't pan out, and potentialy a major win if it does pan out.

I don't need for you to write a book explaining anything to me. I have my own opinion and points of views. I can honestly say I don't care if you are resentful for my comments. You do not rule me or anyone else in here. This is a forum and we are all entitled to speak what we feel. If you don't care for my comments you have the freedom to ignore me. And you did insert yourself when my comment was not directed at you. I am sure that the person I was commenting to don't need you to stand up for them. Every time a subject comes up you dont agree with you write this long overblown mini novel that is boring.

It's amazing to me how someone can defend their own opinion and right to share it, while at the same time deriding anyone who posts their dissenting point of view. I don't claim or care to rule you or anyone else, and I am not standing up for anyone else. I am -- get this -- expressing my opinion, on a message board, and will continue to do so.

But hey, way to be a pro about it.

It's amazing to me how someone can defend their own opinion and right to share it, while at the same time deriding anyone who posts their dissenting point of view. I don't claim or care to rule you or anyone else, and I am not standing up for anyone else. I am -- get this -- expressing my opinion, on a message board, and will continue to do so.

You are very entitled to state your opinion. I guess the difference is I don't have to write a long winded mini novel to say what I have to say. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 2, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 2, 2013 - inflammatory

You are very entitled to state your opinion. I guess the difference is I don't have to write a long winded mini novel to say what I have to say. 

Your opinions are stupid though. the fact that Nevis is Healthy right now proves he can stay healthy. Your argument is invalid. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 2, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, September 2, 2013 - No reason given

Your opinions are stupid though. the fact that Nevis is Healthy right now proves he can stay healthy. Your argument is invalid. 

Wow.  Obviously you haven't read the forum rules.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 2, 2013 - further discussion about the hidden post
Hidden by Superman, September 2, 2013 - further discussion about the hidden post

Wow.  Obviously you haven't read the forum rules.

Which one are you referring to that i am breaking? If you think its a personal attack than that's wrong i just called the opinions he has posted stupid. that is my opinion and we all have a right to have one. I don't think HE is stupid but rather his posted opinions that i have seen. I'm calling it as I see it.  :reaction:

Where's that emoticon of somebody eating popcorn just watchin the show.

It sucks that K.Williams got cut but I look at it this way.  Adongo has more potential upside then Williams.  We already have Williams in the form of D.Brown, people may not like that fact but its true.  Adongo is a relatively cheap boom or bust project, but if he Booms then man can his ceiling be high.  K. Williams will never be more than a Scat back/ change of pace back.  RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  Athletic freak of natures who want to hit are not.  Plus I don't know how well the comparisons to Ziggy Ansah are but even if the comparisons are in the same ballpark.  Then we signed a player who the Lions used their 1st rd. draft pick on (number 5)  It would be foolish not to keep someone like that around and see if they can develop.  Our experiment didn't cost us a draft pick let alone our 1st rd.

Lets go over this shall we.....

1.Daniel Adongo does not appear to count towards the 8 man PS

2.Some dont seem to grasp the concept of a Fan Forum

3.Some people are to lazy to read a well thought out articulate post .....I cant say much....Half the time Im to lazy to TYPE out a well thought out articulated post...I have been debating on breaking play by play of some of our players who were just cut so perhaps we can have some form of idea as to why they were cut)

I don't get why this is such hard thing to understand and I'm not picking on just you.  There are several on these forums who say the same thing as you, so I say this with all due respect.

Players classified as "projects" are drafted on a regular basis and no one says anything.  Sign a project from rugby, and all the sudden all reason goes out the window and people don't want to understand why and criticize the decision.  If anything, it will become clear by next year whether it was a good move or bad move.  But if you want reasoning straight from the GM, read this article.  http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Ryan-Grigson-and-Colts-personnel-department-now-turning-over-%E2%80%9CInternational%E2%80%9D-stones/e8994e86-d056-4b11-889f-04b1d91c654e

I am still trying to figure out what the deal is with everyone getting up in arms over who is on our practice squad.

I'd rather see breakdowns of players we kept. Well, anyone but Mike McGlynn...

soon enough....soon enough...........Lucks steps behind Center...He surveys the field......Hes got the eye of the tiger.........He catches the number of 75 squatting mere inches away from him at Right Guard....Luck begins to sweat...he knows the impending outcome of this.....He must get the throw off in time!, He yells HIKE in a loud booming voice that resonates through the crowd.75  comes out of his stance.....Lucks sees number 75 on the ground after getting thrown down...He scrambles to the left throwing an off balance lazer down field...LOOK there is TY breaking free from coverage....TY catches the ball........Hes at the 50!...The 40!..........35...30.....25.....20....15......10......5........TOUCHDOWN!

I am still trying to figure out what the deal is with everyone getting up in arms over who is on our practice squad.

I'm wondering that myself.

The international player exemption is alive and kicking in this new CBA. The caveat is that the league has to give an individual club the right to carry one. According to a 49ers website, they were not granted the exemption, but Okoye went to IR anyway. If we get the exemption for Adongo, great. If not, that's fine too. I'm on board with taking an athletic freak of a 23 year old and stashing him on the PS. if he learns enough to contribute, that'd be awesome.

I'd rather see breakdowns of players we kept. Well, anyone but Mike McGlynn...

I hope you know I respect your POV, Superman, and I get your point about people and their opinions... but I guess I'm flabbergasted by the bickering over which fringe players the team kept, and which were released. They were on the bubble for a reason, and we've known some quality guys were going to get the axe.

I am able to say I've been a fan of the Colts for decades, so I've seen players come and go. I'm a fan of the TEAM, and root for all the guys who don the horseshoe. I never like to see good guys get cut, but its ultimately about the product on the field, not about which scrub sits on the bench or the couch.

None of this bickering matters one iota until we see how the team does on the field. Otherwise it's no better than all the "expert analysis" that we all love to bash... uninformed noise, from people trying to claim to be the first to make some snarky "observation". It gets exhausting... in my opinion.

I hope you know I respect your POV, Superman, and I get your point about people and their opinions... but I guess I'm flabbergasted by the bickering over which fringe players the team kept, and which were released. They were on the bubble for a reason, and we've known some quality guys were going to get the axe.

I am able to say I've been a fan of the Colts for decades, so I've seen players come and go. I'm a fan of the TEAM, and root for all the guys who don the horseshoe. I never like to see good guys get cut, but its ultimately about the product on the field, not about which scrub sits on the bench or the couch.

None of this bickering matters one iota until we see how the team does on the field. Otherwise it's no better than all the "expert analysis" that we all love to bash... uninformed noise, from people trying to claim to be the first to make some snarky "observation". It gets exhausting... in my opinion.

this

I agree with most of this. Good post.

But the thing that kind of got under my skin is that there really wasn't any bickering over who was kept and who was released. There was vocal dissent, but most of it was respectful and well thought out. Like I said yesterday and today, go back to 2011 to see bickering, and more. Or even last year.

What was going on after the cuts were announced was some people saying "I don't think we should have cut this player," and then some debate about it. Which is normal message board stuff. Things got testy when people started saying "you guys don't know anything, how dare you question Grigson from your laptop!" To me, it wasn't bickering until that started happening.

Ijalana grabbed by Jets.. oof rotoworld

Jets claimed OL Ben Ijalana off waivers from the Colts.

The 49th pick in the 2011 draft, Ijalana spent much of his first two NFL seasons on injured reserve. Pro Football Focus did grade Ijalana as a top-15 tackle during the 2013 preseason, excelling as both a run and pass blocker and playing left tackle. Ijalana can also play guard. He's worth a shot.

wth

But the thing that kind of got under my skin is that there really wasn't any bickering over who was kept and who was released. There was vocal dissent, but most of it was respectful and well thought out. Like I said yesterday and today, go back to 2011 to see bickering, and more. Or even last year.

What was going on after the cuts were announced was some people saying "I don't think we should have cut this player," and then some debate about it. Which is normal message board stuff. Things got testy when people started saying "you guys don't know anything, how dare you question Grigson from your laptop!" To me, it wasn't bickering until that started happening.

True enough. I guess I can understand some of the exhaustion over the "living room GMs", though. It's as if some posters just try too hard to sound expert when they clearly aren't, even to a casual fan like myself.

I never understad 

I never really understand will come on a post just to get other people NOT to post.  Isn't that the whole point of the forum?  If people want to start the 10,000 thread of who is better RG3 or Luck, who cares!!!???!!  Just don't go in that thread.  And if people have strong opinions on the PS, who cares!??!  Just let them talk.  The good part is we always have a choice of which threads we want to read and which we wish to respond to :)

I never understad

I never really understand will come on a post just to get other people NOT to post. Isn't that the whole point of the forum? If people want to start the 10,000 thread of who is better RG3 or Luck, who cares!!!???!! Just don't go in that thread. And if people have strong opinions on the PS, who cares!??! Just let them talk. The good part is we always have a choice of which threads we want to read and which we wish to respond to :)

Valid points, but if I'm scrolling through a thread about the practice squad and roster moves in hopes of learning something, but have to scroll through pages of "experts" griping about bubble player moves, it gets exhausting.

But now I'm adding pages of me griping about posters griping, so I'm done here.

You are not picking on "just me", but you are picking on me unless I'm reading you wrong.  But that's okay!   The practice squad is certainly for developmental players.  Adongo has potential, but he is really a project.  More of a project than Ziggy Ansah because at least Ansah played college football for more than one season.  I don't see Adongo contributing at all this year, and if we get to a certain point with the injuries this year it's almost a given that they will cut him.  I just think their may be more NFL ready prospects that maybe could have been chosen.  If he develops faster than I thought then I will eat the crow I deserve I suppose.

I thought someone posted earlier that an international player could count as a 9th player on the PS.

True enough. I guess I can understand some of the exhaustion over the "living room GMs", though. It's as if some posters just try too hard to sound expert when they clearly aren't, even to a casual fan like myself.

If you think some posters come across as trying to sound expert I would say the best way to "knock them down a peg" is to make note of their "expert opinions" and then bump/link to the post where their "analysis" is proven wrong. However, if it turns out they are right more often than they are wrong you might want to give a little more consideration to their opinions.

Personally I find the Grigson & company can do no wrong, "blind faith sheep" to be far more annoying than the opinions of "arm chair GMs".

why in the heck did they cut chandler harnish from the team? why didnt we cut matt hasselback, he has no reason to put on colts jersey. it is not right. chandler was with his dream team. can someone please help me understand this??

Chandler's still a Colt. He'll have one more year on the practice squad, and if he doesn't improve by next year, he's toast. 

Not a bad deal for a guy who was the last pick of the draft- many 7th round QB's don't get 2 full seasons and 3 offseasons to develop. 

why in the heck did they cut chandler harnish from the team? why didnt we cut matt hasselback, he has no reason to put on colts jersey. it is not right. chandler was with his dream team. can someone please help me understand this??

because Hasselback played well against other teams back ups and starters and Harnish played very poorly against other teams third stringers. 

Also see 2011 to see the importance of having someone like Matt Hasselback on your roster.  Honestly I figured 2011 would be enough for Colts fans to never complain about a quality back up QB being "wasted" by not playing again.  Also Hasselback also helps develop Andrew Luck so he adds that value as well. 

I agree Harnish was a great story but great stories don't make it in the NFL if you can't play on the field.  Now with that said he's on the practice squad and I am willing to bet next year he's going to have a shot at the back up job unless someone else picks him up off the practice squad.  So I don't think he's done yet.  Also you know the last Colts QB to be with his "dream team" as our back up?  Curtis Painter, native Hoosier and played his college ball in Indiana.  How did that work out?  I want something a little more from my back up QB than just living his dream story.  Don't get me wrong I hope Harnish works out but I don't want it to be only for that reason. 

What I found even more amazing is how a moderator can write a comment as long as War and Peace over a comment I made about my faith in Griggs and Pagano. I was ask by another poster for an explanation on a subject and answered the comment in why I thought the way I did. I even ask if that was a good enough explanation. So far I received no respond from that other member but I did get a book written by you. I even stated I was not an expert in my comment but you found a reason to pretty much attack me. That is not the first time you have done that either. If you have a personal problem with me just put me on ignore. Then you talk this to other members like you have a problem. If you have a problem with me talk to me not on a grape vine like this was Facebook or something. As a moderator it is not your job to gossip like a female teenager. 

Hey....   he's not known as CrazyColt for nothing.....

I'm just sayin........

Well I've posted it in 3 different threads now, but I'm most shocked about us waiving Nevis as opposed to any other cut, or even a couple non-cuts that seem a little curious to me. Nevis was liked by his team-mates and was making an impact on the field. Later big Drake. I kinda hope you do make a great play against us just to rub it in  ;)

I don't need for you to write a book explaining anything to me. I have my own opinion and points of views. I can honestly say I don't care if you are resentful for my comments. You do not rule me or anyone else in here. This is a forum and we are all entitled to speak what we feel. If you don't care for my comments you have the freedom to ignore me. And you did insert yourself when my comment was not directed at you. I am sure that the person I was commenting to don't need you to stand up for them. Every time a subject comes up you dont agree with you write this long overblown mini novel that is boring.

pot-and-kettle.jpg

Some people enjoy articulation.

Some may call it articulation but some call it talking too much.  If someone don't agree with what I say that's fine, tell me. There is no need to write a 6 1/2 paragraph response. Sorry, I don't need to write a book report like I was in school.  :mindblow: