Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Future Colts?

PrincetonTiger

If Antoine Winfield were 4 or 5 years younger, I would want the Colts to sign him (but with that said, if he were younger, he probably wouldn't have been released).  I also wouldn't mind Mesko.  Between him and McAfee, we would have a very good punter and then someone to take over for Vinny

If Antoine Winfield were 4 or 5 years younger, I would want the Colts to sign him (but with that said, if he were younger, he probably wouldn't have been released).  I also wouldn't mind Mesko.  Between him and McAfee, we would have a very good punter and then someone to take over for Vinny

agreed

I'm not into signing over aged free agents just because they have a familiar name that we all recognize from a few yeas ago.. When I was a kid I would have wanted that but now I understand why these guys are cut.. It's because they are no longer the player they once were.. I remember when we signed Simeon Rice a few years ago an he was a major disappointment.

That's why we have scouts..

I'm not into signing over aged free agents just because they have a familiar name that we all recognize from a few yeas ago.. When I was a kid I would have wanted that but now I understand why these guys are cut.. It's because they are no longer the player they once were.. I remember when we signed Simeon Rice a few years ago an he was a major disappointment.

That's why we have scouts..

So true. Sometimes it's the unknown player who can come in and contribute. That's where Griggs come into mind. He seems to have his hands all over the pie. Hopefully he can come up with a player or two who will help us. If not, I am pretty happy with the upgrades as of now. There will be some who will be negative about a certain player or two but no GM can hit on every gamble made. 

So true. Sometimes it's the unknown player who can come in and contribute. That's where Griggs come into mind. He seems to have his hands all over the pie. Hopefully he can come up with a player or two who will help us. If not, I am pretty happy with the upgrades as of now. There will be some who will be negative about a certain player or two but no GM can hit on every gamble made.

Yes I swear lately that it's the lesser known guys who come in and deliver maybe for the exception of Redding and Davis.

I didn't get to see any of his preseason play but liked what I saw out of him at Stanford last year plus we seem to only sign Stanford players it seems

He is alright as a backup, not going to crack a starting role in the NFL especially as a rush Linebacker in the 3-4 just not agile enough to adjust on the fly in space to the run in my opinion, again I have nothing against him, Just saying what I see when I watched him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5CCo4dcLE

He has some skills of course, strong, ability to get off blocks, I think he could be decent in outside run contain but what hurts him significently seems to be what you see at :32 lack of much agility, Chris Johnson would bounce a run to the outside and eat him alive twice a year for the forseeable future if we picked him up

:32 is what I talk about when I talk about lack of agility

3:09 quit on the play

If Antoine Winfield were 4 or 5 years younger, I would want the Colts to sign him (but with that said, if he were younger, he probably wouldn't have been released). I also wouldn't mind Mesko. Between him and McAfee, we would have a very good punter and then someone to take over for Vinny

@JayGlazer: Antoine Winfield has informed the Seattle Seahawks that he is going to retire.