Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wide Receivers

ColtsFanMikeC

I noticed that Josh Cribbs and Devin Aromashadu were both released today.

I was very high on Cribbs and hoped we would sign him this off-season, as I think he is a dynamic player -- a tremendous KR/PR and with his speed on the field along side TY and DHB, I think there could be some very dangerous dink-and-dunk passes turned into long gains.  I don't think Cribbs is a great WR, but would imagine that he could come in and compete for our last WR spot.

Aromashadu, while he hasn't had a great career, is a big (6'2" 201 lbs.) target and I also think he could put in a good battle for our last WR slot.

I wonder if we will be looking at either of these 2.  Was also surprised to see Visanthe Shiancoe released -- I think he would have trouble making this team if our TE's are healthy, but I wonder with Allen's foot and Fleener's concussions (I hope they don't start to add up like Austin Collie's did) if Shiancoe is a guy that our front office will look at for some veteran depth?

I am very interested to see what will happen with our WRs.  Obviously Wayne, DHB, TY make the team.  I think Brazzill will make the team, but he's got the suspension to start the season.  Things seem to have been silent on the Whalen front after the first week or so of camp, so I wonder about that.  I think Whalen has great hands, but I wonder how well he will actually be able to compete against a group of starting DB's.  Palmer going down for 4-6 weeks certainly cannot be helping his case to make the 53.  The fact that we signed a guy from arena football at WR makes me think that they are not content with the last WR spot right now.  I would be very happy to see us give Cribbs a chance -- especially b/c I have not been over-excited with K-Williams' return game so far.

If there's one spot I'm not overly concerned about, it's WR depth. This squad is better than good at the top 3, and there's a few guys behind them that aren't going to drop everything. 

Yeah, I think we'll be okay.  I kind of think it's going to be the big three, Whalen, and Reed who will also be our returner.  When Brazil gets back, they'll have to make a decision on Reed.

I think Colts roster is pretty much set with the people they already have. They may get one or two players when the final cuts are made but it's hard to believe that any of the players cut by other teams down to 75 are better than the ones they currently have. There are valid and serious reasons that they were cut and couldn't even make the 75.

I couldn't say who Griggs will be looking at. Knowing him he might come up with a player none of us have heard of. I am waiting to see how Daniel Adongo will work out. He wasn't on yesterdays cut list. Griggs and his scouts have their work cut out for them that's for sure.

Fleener and Allen are going to be fine.

I don't believe Fleener actually had a concussion.

I think you may be correct. The poor guy just had a miserable two games. Dropped passes , fumbles , not looking back for pass... plus took a bunch of hard hits. Concussions are not better in two days .. I don't think anyway. Makes a lot of sense to just give him a week off to shake off the hits and recoup a bit.

Cribbs has gotten fat too. Not lineman fat, but he has put on a good deal of weight. That may have something to do with him "not having it" anymore. A shame, bc he was electric, going all the way back to his days as the only bright spot on a dismal Kent State team.

I think you may be correct. The poor guy just had a miserable two games. Dropped passes , fumbles , not looking back for pass... plus took a bunch of hard hits. Concussions are not better in two days .. I don't think anyway. Makes a lot of sense to just give him a week off to shake off the hits and recoup a bit.

I remember them calling it a head injury, but Fleener was back at practice literally days later and played in the very next game. I believe the only actual concussion Fleener had was at Stanford.