Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver @ Seattle - Saturday - 9 p.m.

oldunclemark

There's been a lot of "dirty" plays by seattle tonight. Wolfe was down for what seemed like forever. Reminded me of the Collie concussions.

Sad news for Wolfe. He has massive potential in the NFL. I haven't seen the play, but from reading it sounds like his career over. Mabye even paralysis. Extremely sad news. Prayers to the Wolfe family. All this because of a child's backyard game. Moments like these really put a simple game in perspective.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Sad news for Wolfe. He has massive potential in the NFL. I haven't seen the play, but from reading it sounds like his career over. Mabye even paralysis. Extremely sad news. Prayers to the Wolfe family. All this because of a child's backyard game. Moments like these really put a simple game in perspective.

All test so far have been negative, he might miss alot of time, but it's sounding more and more like this won't be a life threatening or career ending injury.  That said Michael Robinson should be fined big time, maybe even suspended.  It was a pointless cheap shot, while Wolfe was engaged.  That's precisely what the NFL has been trying to stop and he should be made an example of.

They said he had no broken bones and they hope that he joins the team for the flight home. Hopefully the hospital trip was just precautionary.

They said he had no broken bones and they hope that he joins the team for the flight home. Hopefully the hospital trip was just precautionary.

Wolfe will need further MRI  eval to make sure no other issues

"But the x-rays were fine the CT scan was fine,

However  they are still evaluating the MRI   – so we’ll see as it goes forward. I don’t want to jump to any results right yet, until its finalized.”

On a second-and-5 run, Wolfe was brought to the ground on a cut block by Seattle tight end Luke Willson. As he was starting to get back up, fullback Michael Robinson came in for another block and hit him in the head and neck. 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wolfe-Injury-Update/19e6d8ad-775a-40e6-aa8a-ed5ac0e38a51

actually  also injured 

flared knee to right guard Louis Vasquez,

the Broncos’ most significant injury from their preseason game here Saturday may be to cornerback Champ Bailey.

He left CenturyLink Field on crutches, his left foot in a boot.

X-rays were negative but an MRI exam on Bailey’s foot Sunday

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/08/18/champ-bailey-on-crutches-with-left-foot-injury/20833/

take care, i will be here quite sparingly in fuuture, nothing critical , but to many issues too deal with

ps

Stewart Bradley left the game with a left wrist injury. Wes Welker with a right ankle sprain,  

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Thats-What-He-Said-Seahawks-Postgame/03e42696-4d9b-4735-a10b-80ea1b9f4e0d

Wolfe will need further MRI  eval to make sure no other issues

"But the x-rays were fine the CT scan was fine,

However  they are still evaluating the MRI   – so we’ll see as it goes forward. I don’t want to jump to any results right yet, until its finalized.”

On a second-and-5 run, Wolfe was brought to the ground on a cut block by Seattle tight end Luke Willson. As he was starting to get back up, fullback Michael Robinson came in for another block and hit him in the head and neck. 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Wolfe-Injury-Update/19e6d8ad-775a-40e6-aa8a-ed5ac0e38a51

actually  also injured 

flared knee to right guard Louis Vasquez,

the Broncos’ most significant injury from their preseason game here Saturday may be to cornerback Champ Bailey.

He left CenturyLink Field on crutches, his left foot in a boot.

X-rays were negative but an MRI exam on Bailey’s foot Sunday

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/08/18/champ-bailey-on-crutches-with-left-foot-injury/20833/

take care, i will be here quite sparingly in fuuture, nothing critical , but to many issues too deal with

Lots of bad here injury-wise

Take care 'B'

The refs must have taken a night off from helmet to helmet hits.

Look close at Wes Welkers TD and watch the flying Seatle DB go head to head...

....Seattle got away with a lot of cheap shots and the refs seemed confused...

Welker was not a defenseless receiver on the TD. Proper to not call a penalty.

Welker was not a defenseless receiver on the TD. Proper to not call a penalty.

No 'J'

Hemet to helmet on the outside is supposed to be called defenseless or not.

Especoally the 'Superman' head first dive into a players head.  Its 'spearing'

There is no legal helmet to helmet hit outside the hashmarks

No 'J'

Pretty sure that is incorrect

The first good football I've seen this season. Peyton looked good, his team looked out matched in the first quarter.

Seattle is going to be impossible even at home for the Colts. 

I agree :agree:  on both counts.  I thought Peyton looked good, and I loved that he connected with Welker for a :td:

As for the rest of the team   :scratch:    Those Fumbles at the goal line, and ultimately returned for a :td:  was pathetic on Broncos part,  Phenomenal on Seahawks part.    Seahawks look to be in good shape.

No 'J'

Caveat here s that rule could have changed, but if it did nit, that is an inaccurate statement. See Pollard hit on the the Pats RB in last season's AFC Championshio game.

What I saw was a case of Broncos shooting themselves in the foot in terms of mistakes, just like the same indisciplined team that John Fox and Jack Del Rio coached last year.

To me, it is a team mentality, not beating yourself. I personally believe coach Dungy is a better coach than John Fox in terms of preaching and emphasizing fundamentals and reducing mistakes way more. Patriots rarely beat themselves, you have to beat them.

To me, the mindset of the Broncos might still be that of a team that is still figuring out discipline. That always rears its ugly head, come playoff time, IMO.

What I saw was a case of Broncos shooting themselves in the foot in terms of mistakes, just like the same indisciplined team that John Fox and Jack Del Rio coached last year.

To me, it is a team mentality, not beating yourself. I personally believe coach Dungy is a better coach than John Fox in terms of preaching and emphasizing fundamentals and reducing mistakes way more. Patriots rarely beat themselves, you have to beat them.

To me, the mindset of the Broncos might still be that of a team that is still figuring out discipline. That always rears its ugly head, come playoff time, IMO.

I agree with this. Noticed it last year too.

You can make the argument that Tony Dungy is a better coach than John Fox..

But fumbling isn't discipline..its technique..you can work on it repeatedly and some players don't solve it...

..and its an illusion that Denver turns the ball over than other teams.

They just dont..

.. remember .....13-4..,

Caveat here s that rule could have changed, but if it did nit, that is an inaccurate statement. See Pollard hit on the the Pats RB in last season's AFC Championshio game.

Maybe I'm misreading this.....?  I'm talking about Wes Welker's TD Saturday night.

Note the hit he takes while on the ground...and this rule

With Eye on Concussions, NFL Adopts New Rule on Helmet Hits
March 22, 2013, 4:12 pm ET by Jason M. Breslow

In an effort to reduce the number of head injuries that occur on the field, NFL owners approved a new rule this week that will penalize players for striking opponents with the crown of their helmets.

The rule will prohibit runners and defenders from lowering their heads and hitting with their helmets when outside of the tackle box — the area of the field between the two offensive tackles. Such hits will result in a 15-yard penalty from the spot of the foul. Hits inside the tackle box, however, will not fall under the new guidelines.

The change comes as the NFL is facing concussion litigation from nearly 4,000 former players. Amid growing concern over player safety, the new rule marks the league’s most high-profile initiative of the offseason to address head and neck injuries. Owners approved the proposal by a vote of 31 to 1, with Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown the lone holdout.

Preseason or not Seattle's a better team than Denver. The Welker thing can be a lingering type of injury and very damaging to his technique and style of play. I see a long year for Denver fans.    

I'd love to see Seattle play at Denver..and then you'd klnow who's better

....It will only be a long year if you count the postseason... :yes:

'

ROFL at Von Miller facing now at least a 6 game suspension. One more positive test (which may have already happened), and he'll be facing a year.

completely clueless.. so your saying he has more than 1 Positive drug test? And its been recent? And that the traffic violation is connected to dope? Smh.

completely clueless.. so your saying he has more than 1 Positive drug test? And its been recent? And that the traffic violation is connected to dope? Smh.

I would think at this point anything is possible with Miller...he could have a bunch of other stuff that will come to light.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 19, 2013 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, August 19, 2013 - inappropriate

I would think at this point anything is possible with Miller...he could have a bunch of other stuff that will come to light.

And Brady could be a Woman with a man's hardwear.. so ya.. anything is possible I guess.

Miller comes off as the guy who will read his own press clippings and does not have a good head over his shoulders.

Freeney and Mathis never get into these kinds of issues ever during their careers. I just am not sold on the environment in the Denver locker room for sustained winning and excellence.

Miller comes off as the guy who will read his own press clippings and does not have a good head over his shoulders.

Freeney and Mathis never get into these kinds of issues ever during their careers. I just am not sold on the environment in the Denver locker room for sustained winning and excellence.

Yeah, seems to be some issues there. I am not sold on Elway yet either.

Any team that's projected to be good by analysts, that aren't the patriots.

"Good"?

No, analysts are drooling over the Broncos, even though they lost in the divisional round, and got much worse defensively. No more Dumervil, and Von Miller will be out for at least 6 games, perhaps more.

There are other teams than the Broncos and the Patriots who deserve consideration, yet it's all about the Broncos to the analysts.

"Good"?

No, analysts are drooling over the Broncos, even though they lost in the divisional round, and got much worse defensively. No more Dumervil, and Von Miller will be out for at least 6 games, perhaps more.

There are other teams than the Broncos and the Patriots who deserve consideration, yet it's all about the Broncos to the analysts.

So they like them more than you, and that makes them wrong? Makes sense.

Don't worry ESPN will slobber all over you guys just like every other year, give them time so they can play the field first at least.

"Good"?No, analysts are drooling over the Broncos, even though they lost in the divisional round, and got much worse defensively. No more Dumervil, and Von Miller will be out for at least 6 games, perhaps more.There are other teams than the Broncos and the Patriots who deserve consideration, yet it's all about the Broncos to the analysts.

Who was that divisional round opponent? Oh yeah, the SB champs......