Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Record Predictions

SubZero

• 3 weeks later...

YOU'D LOSE LOL

I don't think so. Luck is very good but having those numbers in his second year would be a big leap forward and I don't see the offensive line being good enough to support those numbers and they also won't free up the running game to take pressure off of Luck. I see Wayne seeing double coverage and Luck's numbers actually going backward a bit but hopefully with a higher completion percentage if they are willing to accept some short passing game.

vs Oak: Win

vs Mia: Win

@ SF: Loss

@ Jax: Win

vs Sea: Win

@ SD: Win

vs Den: Win

- bye -

@ Hou: Loss

vs Stl: Win

@ Ten: Loss

@ Arz: Win

vs Ten: Win

@ Cin: Loss

vs Hou: Win

@ KC: Win

vs Jax: Win

12-4, 1st seed AFC South

I feel like the Colts will beat Denver cause its at home and it will be like the Green Bay game. Houston, San Fransisco, and Cincinatti will be good teams and will be tough on the road so i say loss. And Tennesse will be tough on the road and its a divisional game so i see this being a loss.

I see the Colts being improved but not pulling out every last second miracle they did last year.

Oak.  W

Miami W

@ San Francisco L

@ Jacksonville  W

Seattle  L

@ San Diego L

Denver  L

@ Houston  L

St. Louis W

@ Tenn L

@ Arizona W

Tennessee W

@ Cincy  L

Houston W

@ KC  L

Jacksonville W

8-8. I would not be surprised to see 9-7. Anything better than that would surprise me. I would not be amazed to see them go 7-9 but any worse than that would be a shock. I have them winning @ Jacksonville but I would not be surprised to see them lose that game. I have them winning @ Arizona but I would not be surprised if they lost that one too. Welcome to the NFL.

I see the Colts being improved but not pulling out every last second miracle they did last year.

Oak.  W

Miami W

@ San Francisco L

@ Jacksonville  W

Seattle  L

@ San Diego L

Denver  L

@ Houston  L

St. Louis W

@ Tenn L

@ Arizona W

Tennessee W

@ Cincy  L

Houston W

@ KC  L

Jacksonville W

8-8. I would not be surprised to see 9-7. Anything better than that would surprise me. I would not be amazed to see them go 7-9 but any worse than that would be a shock. I have them winning @ Jacksonville but I would not be surprised to see them lose that game. I have them winning @ Arizona but I would not be surprised if they lost that one too. Welcome to the NFL.

I'd honestly be more shocked if we went 7-9 than if we went 12-4 or 13-3

This team improved at almost every position. And we'll be a much more efficient offense with Pep. And we have a running back now. Oh and a secondary. 

I'd honestly be more shocked if we went 7-9 than if we went 12-4 or 13-3

This team improved at almost every position. And we'll be a much more efficient offense with Pep. And we have a running back now. Oh and a secondary. 

Perhaps. Same bad O-line and the problem wasn't the running backs, it was the line. No pass rushing except for Mathis who is playing out of position. Special teams are still just terrible. I expect that alone to cost the Colts two or three games. I don't think 7-9 is likely either but think 12-4 or 13-33 is anywhere in the cards for the Colts. I think it would be great if they went 10-6 and made the playoffs. But I don't think they will do that either.

Perhaps. Same bad O-line and the problem wasn't the running backs, it was the line. No pass rushing except for Mathis who is playing out of position. Special teams are still just terrible. I expect that alone to cost the Colts two or three games. I don't think 7-9 is likely either but think 12-4 or 13-33 is anywhere in the cards for the Colts. I think it would be great if they went 10-6 and made the playoffs. But I don't think they will do that either.

You gotta admit Luck has had more time to throw this preseason. O-line's take time to mesh too. Individually, the players are there. Cherilus (rated best RT last year), Costanzo (solid), Thomas (Graded out with a positive grade in run and pass blocking), Thornton (potential), and hopefully Holmes at C. Anyway, O-lines are as weak as the weakest link (Mcglynn). So if Thornton replaces him who knows we could have a good O-line when they all mesh and learn to work well together. 

As for the pass rush, yes, but the rush defense has gotten better as well as the secondary so a little regression to the pass rush won't hurt. I wouldn't even say that we've gotten worse at rushing the passer. Pretty much the same. Freeney was non-existent last season. And Hughes well...

I'm just trying to be optimistic. And I'm a believer of you are what your record says you are. So we were an 11-5 team last season. Simple as that. We got better so I would expect the record to either stay the same or improve. 

You gotta admit Luck has had more time to throw this preseason. O-line's take time to mesh too. Individually, the players are there. Cherilus (rated best RT last year), Costanzo (solid), Thomas (Graded out with a positive grade in run and pass blocking), Thornton (potential), and hopefully Holmes at C. Anyway, O-lines are as weak as the weakest link (Mcglynn). So if Thornton replaces him who knows we could have a good O-line when they all mesh and learn to work well together. 

As for the pass rush, yes, but the rush defense has gotten better as well as the secondary so a little regression to the pass rush won't hurt. I wouldn't even say that we've gotten worse at rushing the passer. Pretty much the same. Freeney was non-existent last season. And Hughes well...

I'm just trying to be optimistic. And I'm a believer of you are what your record says you are. So we were an 11-5 team last season. Simple as that. We got better so I would expect the record to either stay the same or improve. 

11-5 was smoke and mirrors. The Colts were outscored by many points. A few turns here and there and they are 5-11. I don't expect them to get every break in the world this year. They have lots of tough away games and I expect them to lose some of them. I think they will be a much improved team this year but that won't show up in the win/loss column.

I think we're a better team than last year,  but will go 10-6.    The schedule results I'll post will show 11-5,  but I think one of the games that I think we should win,  we're going to lose.    

vs Oak:  Win   1-0
vs Mia:   Win   2-0
@ SF:     Loss  2-1
@ Jax:    Win   3-1
vs Sea:  Loss  3-2
@ SD:    Win    4-2
vs Den:  Loss  4-3

- BYE -

@ Hou:  Loss   4-4     (Colts Nation understandably nervous at this point!)
vs Stl:    Win    5-4   
@ Ten:   Win    6-4
@ Arz:    Win    7-4
vs Ten:  Win    8-4
@ Cin:   Loss   8-5
vs Hou: Win     9-5
@ KC:   Win    10-5
vs Jax:  Win    11-5

I think there's a better than 50-50 shot we lose one game from among our wins vs. teams like Miami, St.Louis, Tenn, Ariz.  and KC.    We should beat all those teams,  but I think one of them will sneak up and surprise us.    That's why my 11-5 on paper prediction ends up at 10-6.

Still,  we make the playoffs and maybe even win a 1st round game.   But then the clock strikes 12 and we start all over again with the focus being on 2014.

10-6 is my final call.....

I think we could win more but you have to realize we have A TON of new faces on this roster from last year and you must never know what your going to get from all of these guys we brought in from the Draft and Free Agency.

I can't remember a team that made great strides forward through Free Agency. There must be one or two but I don't recall them.