Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw placed on PUP

DILLIGAFER

Nothing on Moala yet, huh? I figured it would be those three starting out on PUP, with an outside chance that Bradshaw would be ready to go.

Knock on wood, I think this is the best shape the Colts have been in to start camp in a long time.

There is a difference between the active/PUP list for training camp and the reserve/PUP list during the regular season. A player on the active/PUP can be removed at any time, while a player on the reserve/PUP list is required to miss at least the first six weeks of the season.

Just for clarification, Bradshaw can come off PUP at any time before the regular season starts and not have to miss games

Should see the link on FB. Lol, people really have no clue about their team. That's why I need to stick with the forum. At least most here no what is what.

Was expecting it. Hopefully he'll be ready for game 1. We got what, 6 games to have him on pup?

Should see the link on FB. Lol, people really have no clue about their team. That's why I need to stick with the forum. At least most here no what is what.

Was expecting it. Hopefully he'll be ready for game 1. We got what, 6 games to have him on pup?

Reading is fundamental.  Check the post above.

Hey genius, we wrote our posts at same time. I know what the heck pup is. Was t sure which one he was put on

I don't know why people default to rudeness so often.

To answer your question, the six week PUP list doesn't exist until the regular season starts. He's on the preseason PUP list, and can be taken off at any time prior to Week 1.

I don't know why people default to rudeness so often.

To answer your question, the six week PUP list doesn't exist until the regular season starts. He's on the preseason PUP list, and can be taken off at any time prior to Week 1.

Thx super, was t sure which one he was on till after I hit send. I blame my slow typo g on fat thumbs and this iPhone keyboard! Lol.

Bradshaw will NOT be a "bell cow" back.... 

No matter how hard some want it to happen,     Ballard will be the workhorse.  

Brad will be the short yardage / 3rd down guy>   JMO.

Personally, I LOVE this Colt backfield.         Bradshaw, Ballard, and Brown.   

Killer B's.. .   

Lets Rock.

So, he'll still be a spot on the 53 right?

So we could still cut Delone Carter and everyone behind him and go with Bradshaw, Ballard, Brown, & K Willy?

If he's not ready for week 1, this could give the forum what they want. The opportunity to get a look at K Willy and his blazing speed :D

A bigger screw was put in to replace a smaller screw. 

So with this PUP list, does this mean he can't at least wear shorts and a jersey and walkthrough the plays with the offense?

Or does he just have to sit on the sidelines and watch?

Think he will be rehabbing with the staff. Can't imagine having a screw in my foot. Lot of my buddies are pro mx racers. Talk about being held together with nuts and bolts. Screw that, I'd rather be a chaser not a racer heh.

Not even really sure how you could strengthen your foot. I'd imagine just time and stretching g and normal working out would bring it up to speed.

Yeah I agree, I'm going to root for the Jags to take the division since that's a highly likely scenario. Hmm the Raiders might be a good one also.

You should put money on that...wait I should put money on that! :monkeydance:

So we could still cut Delone Carter and everyone behind him and go with Bradshaw, Ballard, Brown, & K Willy?

If he's not ready for week 1, this could give the forum what they want. The opportunity to get a look at K Willy and his blazing speed :D

There's no 53 man roster yet. Not until Week 1 of the regular season. At that point, anyone on PUP does not count against the 53 man roster. 

At this point, anyone on PUP still counts against the 90 man roster.

They can participate in team meetings and use the training facilities but cannot practice on the field. TK, that is what stampedeblue said.

Ahh that's dumb. At least let the man walk through. So he knows where he's supposed to be or where Mr. Luck wants him. Guess he'll just have to mentally learn the playbook then get the physical part if he's ready for week 1 or even 1 pre-season game

Ahh that's dumb. At least let the man walk through. So he knows where he's supposed to be or where Mr. Luck wants him. Guess he'll just have to mentally learn the playbook then get the physical part if he's ready for week 1 or even 1 pre-season game

The opener is still a month and a half away. He could technically be off PUP by the second day of camp. Nothing to see here, not just yet.

The opener is still a month and a half away. He could technically be off PUP by the second day of camp. Nothing to see here, not just yet.

Yea because Dion Jordan was only on PUP for like a day or two.

Well it was the non football injury list for his shoulder

Not a total shocker, he was in a walking boot last month.

This is a great oppurtunity for the other backs. Donald Brown will get more reps and thus will get a good chance to save his roster spot. Delone Carter is in a similar situation as Brown, but I would think that Brown would get a few more carries. As for Ballard, he'll be getting a lot reps and although his job is not in danger, he could really secure the #1 spot with a strong TC and some good preseason performances. 

I've heard a rumour that when it's time to cut people, rather than the conventional call or face to face chat, Grigson is going to just throw a snowball at Carter and then run like the wind....

There is a difference between the active/PUP list for training camp and the reserve/PUP list during the regular season. A player on the active/PUP can be removed at any time, while a player on the reserve/PUP list is required to miss at least the first six weeks of the season.

Just for clarification, Bradshaw can come off PUP at any time before the regular season starts and not have to miss games

Think Pats had TE Ballard on PUP for just 1 day & removed it, u r absolutely right in describing the differences  , as I am sure u know