Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shefter reports Colts organization to be fined

ColtsBlueFL

I just saw on ESPN2 that Adam Shefter says because the Colts have 2 or more players suspended (up to 3 now) that the NFL will fine the Colts separately (forthcoming) and in addition to any players punishments. This does reflect poorly on our organization.  I'm certain ESPN will trumpet this message often until after the fine is handed down. :(

I just saw on ESPN2 that Adam Shefter says because the Colts have 2 or more players suspended (up to 3 now) that the NFL will fine the Colts separately (forthcoming) and in addition to any players punishments. This does reflect poorly on our organization.  I'm certain ESPN will trumpet this message often until after the fine is handed down. :(

here is article & video i posted on that around 10 on colts suite Regarding sounders

article & Video , Adam says it in Video

http://espn.go.com/n...yESPNToday_Team

Just a technicality, Schefter and whoever the anchor is say multiple times that the Colts have had three players suspended. Joe Lefeged has not been disciplined by the league or the team at this time. It might be likely to happen at some point, but it hasn't happened just yet.

here is article & video i posted on that around 10 on colts suite Regarding sounders

article & Video , Adam says it in Video

http://espn.go.com/n...yESPNToday_Team

Yes, Barry, it is there.  Good find and thanks!  But, I didn't watch that video from the link.  Espn2 played it live though.  I wonder how much Irsay will have to shell out?

Just a technicality, Schefter and whoever the anchor is say multiple times that the Colts have had three players suspended. Joe Lefeged has not been disciplined by the league or the team at this time. It might be likely to happen at some point, but it hasn't happened just yet.

Technically true, but Shefty also says it only takes two (or more) players for the organization to receive financial punitive action.  Now, will Lefeged add to it?  Are they waiting until that pans out first?

Technically true, but Shefty also says it only takes two (or more) players for the organization to receive financial punitive action.  Now, will Lefeged add to it?  Are they waiting until that pans out first?

I was also going to say that I don't think this is as big a deal as he's making it out to be. These three incidents were all reported in close proximity to one another, so there's kind of a snowball effect. But how many Lions got in trouble last year? How many Bucs players got suspended for substance/PED violations? How many Patriots? How many Redskins? How many Seahawks?

For the Colts to have two substance/PED violations in one season isn't an indication that the moral fiber of the team and the league is in jeopardy. Schefter says "this would be a much bigger deal in a bigger market," and I'm not sure it would be. It is what it is, and it's not good. Throw in Lefeged, and it's that much worse. But let's not make this out to be some sort of PR disaster.

Yeah, us, the Pats and Broncos.  Poor all of us.   ;)

u never know with NFL wanting to set real examples, cant hurt the players enough so  hurt the teams 

I am also curious what NFL will do to Denver Re any fines with executives and a player having dui's

Thank god

And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there were players during the Dungy era who smoked a little weed and some who used PEDS.

Dungy had offseasons with suspensions as well:

In 2005 of Dungy/Polian era, Mike Doss was suspended 2 games for violating the personal conduct policy, and linebacker Kendyll Pope was suspended for the entire season for violating the substance abuse policy which was at least his third offense in his two years in the NFL(our 4th round pick in 04'). That was 2 players who violated a policy in an offseason. They just pretty much went under the radar as opposed to now

This year we have 2 players and a third for gun charges.

The fine the colts are going to receive are based on the players base salaries so we won't be paying a stiff fine, well Adam Schefter said it will be based on the suspended players base salary for the year. Lefeged has the highest salary of the 3 at $555,000

The fine the colts are going to receive are based on the players base salaries so we won't be paying a stiff fine, well Adam Schefter said it will be based on the suspended players base salary for the year. Lefeged has the highest salary of the 3 at $555,000

Yup, it's a percentage of the suspended player's salary. I'm not sure if it's cumulative, or if it's progressive, or how it works. But it's much easier to swallow when it's a couple of bottom feeders as opposed to the big ticket guys.

Yup, it's a percentage of the suspended player's salary. I'm not sure if it's cumulative, or if it's progressive, or how it works. But it's much easier to swallow when it's a couple of bottom feeders as opposed to the big ticket guys.

Also Delone Carter was ordered to pay $40,000 for punching a guy in 2010. This shouldn't have anything to do with us since this happened when he was at Syracuse.