Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weslye Saunders Suspended 8 games

HtownColt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet he wont. still have two other TE's in front of him, and with us getting a full time FB from the Eagles means Allen will now be a starting TE along with Fleener.

Allen already was the starting TE along with Fleener.

not yet he wont. still have two other TE's in front of him, and with us getting a full time FB from the Eagles means Allen will now be a starting TE along with Fleener.

We're gonna carry 3 TE's. That's just how it is. Gonna be some 2 TE sets we'll see so you have to have another TE when you're running this multiple offense we're running

I likes Saunders. He was a very good blocker.

Also, I personally think the whole ban on PEDs is a little ridiculous. Peanuts, vitamin C or Tylenol cause more deaths annually than PEDs. I don't use steroids, but I don't think they're as bad as the media makes them out to be.

genitals shrink and don't work properly :oops:

breasts can grow on men -omg-

acne, hair loss and other cosmetically attractive side effects :beg:

Liver and most other organ damage :eek:

thickening and enlargement of the heart :omg:

Go to deadwrestlers.net to see how many wrestlers died young because of the juice.

Go to deadwrestlers.net to see how many wrestlers died young because of the juice.

Those wrestlers were probably taking horse dosages of Dianabol lol. I imagine the coke and boze didn't help either.

Those wrestlers were probably taking horse dosages of Dianabol lol. I imagine the coke and boze didn't help either.

Not to mention the concussions, painkillers, and antidepressants to go along with the uppers and downers.

Thank the media for convincing people the steroids are the scapegoat for pro wrestling deaths. If you thought the way the NFL used to handle concussions was bad, it was like an overprotective grandma compared to how wrestling did.

I was just watching NFL Live and they were talking about Saunders and brought up that this is the third Colt thats been suspended this month. I was unaware Lefeged had been suspended. Were they misinformed or did i just miss that Lefeged had been suspended? I know that he was arrested i just dont remember hearing about a suspension.

there is a lot of things you and i can buy at GNC that the league considers PED's

I likes Saunders. He was a very good blocker.

Also, I personally think the whole ban on PEDs is a little ridiculous. Peanuts, vitamin C or Tylenol cause more deaths annually than PEDs. I don't use steroids, but I don't think they're as bad as the media makes them out to be.

That's the stupidest comparison I've ever ever heard. You mean three items that are ingested by BILLIONS of people kill more people than PED's that are taken by less than 1% of the population.....AMAZING!!

As for the topic....I hope he is gone. He had a second chance and I don't want to see kids trying to immulate these athletes that get a leg up because they "cheat". Everyone wants to take a short cut today....promotions for doing nothing...I know this kid was a long shot to even stay on the team but he ruined any chance he had of having even a marginal NFL career. He will never have the opportunity to make that kind of money again (even NFL minimum) and most importantly tarnished his, our team's reputation, and set a poor poor example for children.

That's stupidest comparison I've ever ever heard. You mean three items that are ingested by BILLIONS of people kill more people than PED's that are taken by less than 1% of the population.....AMAZING!!

As for the topic....I hope he is gone. He had a second chance and I don't want to see kids trying to immulate these athletes that get a leg up because they "cheat". Everyone wants to take a short cut today....promotions for doing nothing...I know this kid was a long shot to even stay on the team but he ruined any chance he had of having even a marginal NFL career. He will never have the opportunity to make that kind of money again (even NFL minimum) and most importantly tarnished his, our team's reputation, and set a poor poor example for children.

you may be over reacting a bit. high school players can take some of the stuff that is on the NFL's banned list. for 99.9% of the world it is completely legal.

That's the stupidest comparison I've ever ever heard. You mean three items that are ingested by BILLIONS of people kill more people than PED's that are taken by less than 1% of the population.....AMAZING!!

It's all about the children.....

you may be over reacting a bit. high school players can take some of the stuff that is on the NFL's banned list. for 99.9% of the world it is completely legal.

I don't think we have a clue what most of these supplements do to the body....definately no where near as tested on and studied say as Tylenol or Vitamin C. To me the testing is a joke....to tell me more guys in MLB are on PEDs than NFL is hilarious. There should be Olympic style testing for these guys but the league doesn't care and doesn't want it to change. Ratings would plummit if the stars can't get back on the field week after week from the quick recovery time these drugs afford them nor would we see the collisions and speed and size these guys can acquire from the workouts and enhancements as well. But this league is built on STAR POWER (fantasy leagues) and excitement of the athleticism possessed and they don't want to jeopardize that.

I don't think we have a clue what most of these supplements do to the body....definately no where near as tested on and studied say as Tylenol or Vitamin C. To me the testing is a joke....to tell me more guys in MLB are on PEDs than NFL is hilarious. There should be Olympic style testing for these guys but the league doesn't care and doesn't want it to change. Ratings would plummit if the stars can't get back on the field week after week from the quick recovery time these drugs afford them nor would we see the collisions and speed and size these guys can acquire from the workouts and enhancements as well. But this league is built on STAR POWER (fantasy leagues) and excitement of the athleticism possessed and they don't want to jeopardize that.

my point is, if the FDA deems them safe then why are they banned for athletes?

In 2005 of Dungy/Polian era, Mike Doss was suspended 2 games for violating the personal conduct policy, and linebacker Kendyll Pope was suspended for the entire season for violating the substance abuse policy which was at least his third offense in his two years in the NFL(our 4th round pick in 04'). That was 2 players who violated a policy in an offseason.

This year we have 2 players and a third for gun charges.

Add in Ed Johnson (who was quickly released) and the Colts had the same number of players suspended for issues like this the whole time Dungy was here as Pagano and Grigson have had in just over a calendar year.  That kinda helps prove the point I was getting at. 

Again I think it was mostly a Dungy thing as even under Caldwell the Colts seemed more willing to take chances on "risk" players than they did under Dungy.  There is NOTHING wrong with that or that I think Pagano and Grigson value character a little less than Dungy did.  It just means that Colts fans might have to get off their high horse a little bit when it comes to having the "classiest" team in the history of pro-sports.  I don't think Pagano and Grigson are out to get player with troubled histories.  I just don't think it's as important to them as it was Dungy.  Heck I don't even think it was an important to Polian and Caldwell as it was Dungy.  It's pretty well known that that quality was as important if not more important than anything else to Dungy when he was looking at players.  Just because it's not at the top of the list for others doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. 

I also don't think because we've had three players get in "trouble" this off-season that it's reason to panic or anything like that. 

Saunders was on the outside looking in anyway to me. I had Cunningham making the roster regardless of the violation by Saunders do to Cunninghams athleticism and ability to block. He is not  a deep threat at TE but he has ability a coach can work with(decent athleticism and hands along with ability to block), They probably keep Saunders around at least through camp but I'd be shocked if he was on the roster come week 1 of the regular season, Cunningham just got him a roster spot and he didn't even have to put on the pads yet

We're gonna carry 3 TE's. That's just how it is. Gonna be some 2 TE sets we'll see so you have to have another TE when you're running this multiple offense we're running

yeah but i was basically saying Saunders wont be on the team and that cunningham would be the third TE. there is no way the colts hold on to a guy who is suspended the first 8 games