Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Away game experiences?

FightLikeSin

This season is going to be experienced a little differently for me, but that is a good thing. Usually i'll go see about 4 games at Lucas Oil and the rest I watch from a local BW3's with some friends. This year however, I've made it a personal goal to go see more games Away than at Home. So far, I have tickets for the following games : 

SEA vs IND - Lucas Oil

CHI at WAS - FedEx Field (Visiting my brother for his b-day in VA that week. He's a Bears fan...I might have to wear a different shade of blue :( )

IND at TEN - LP Field

IND at CIN - Paul Brown Stadium

All in all...i'm way excited to go visit some other stadiums. I've never been to another NFL stadium besides RCA dome/Lucas Oil. 

Does anyone else plan on seeing the Colts play in another venue this year?

This season is going to be experienced a little differently for me, but that is a good thing. Usually i'll go see about 4 games at Lucas Oil and the rest I watch from a local BW3's with some friends. This year however, I've made it a personal goal to go see more games Away than at Home. So far, I have tickets for the following games : 

SEA vs IND - Lucas Oil

CHI at WAS - FedEx Field (Visiting my brother for his b-day in VA that week. He's a Bears fan...I might have to wear a different shade of blue :( )

IND at TEN - LP Field

IND at CIN - Paul Brown Stadium

All in all...i'm way excited to go visit some other stadiums. I've never been to another NFL stadium besides RCA dome/Lucas Oil. 

Does anyone else plan on seeing the Colts play in another venue this year?

I'm probably going to the Titans game if the weather looks good.  It's a Thursday night game in November so you never know what to expect.  We went there last year and had a great time.  The stadium is nice, but LOS spoils you.

The experience is not the same as it is at home. Instead of having the collective cheering with you, you have the collective cheering against you. Even though I live in NY. I EXTREMELY prefer to go to LOS for a game, than anywhere else. It's  a whole different experience

The experience is not the same as it is at home. Instead of having the collective cheering with you, you have the collective cheering against you. Even though I live in NY. I EXTREMELY prefer to go to LOS for a game, than anywhere else. It's  a whole different experience

Yes, the opponents tears and cries of agony will fuel me...

I've been to only two NFL games before. One was at LOS last year and the other at Paul Brown a few years ago. Paul Brown can get a bit windy being so close to the river but it's not a bad venue. When I went the Bengals weren't a good team so they were very polite to away fans. Don't know if that's changed since they are a better team now. 

Aside from the Colts, I can't think of a better feeling than attending an away game and walking out of the stadium with a victory.

Obviously, there is a risk involved in that the heckling you receive after a loss is pretty intense.

However, getting a victory in a road venue and basking in the glory walking out of that visiting stadium is a great feeling.

Over the years, we have a group that has gone to several away games - San Diego, San Fran, Carolina, Tennessee, Detroit, Cincy, Green Bay, New England, KC & Atlanta.  I actually prefer going to road games for precisely the reason that Kevin suggests.  I like being in the minority and walking out with a W.

Of those games you mentioned, the Titans game is the best in my mind.  First off Nashville is a great town - impossible to not have a good time in, no matter the game's outcome.  The live music there is really cool.  Plus, there will be a large contingent of Colts fans as well. 

I live in Nashville and go to the Colts/Titans game here every year. The fans are friendly and Nashville is one of the funnest towns in America. Don't stay in the Stadium Hotel here... It is across the street from the projects. Stay in the Sheraton, The Renniassance, or Hilton for decent walk to the stadium. Hang out on Broadway.... 2nd Avenue gets a little sketchy at night.

No way man.  Wear your Colts gear.  That in and of itself can be great fun.

A few years ago I went to a preseason Battle of the Bay.  I wore a Manning home jersey.  The BotB can get pretty rough. No love lost between OAK and SF. (ill will + hurt feelings) inebriation = Fights.  Fights everywhere.

But not for me.  People were really cool, for the most part.

I got about a dozen versions of, "Are you lost?"

I got a few people who would say a snide comment about the Colts, followed immediately by, "Naw, but Peyton Manning is a great quarterback though."

I got more than a few, "You are the only smart person here!"

Good times.

I went to a game in nashville. The girls were nice. We were waiting for the shuttle to come and take us to the stadium. I had on a Colts t shirt and noticed a cute girl across the street with a manning jersey on. She had noticed me too and we smiled at each other. She mouthed the word 'hi' to me so I kind of tilted my head to the side and mouthed 'hey' back to her.

By that time, my fiance who was standing a few feet away with some friends, came over and looked at her and said 'hes taken' . We walk away and she's like 'what were you doing flirting with her' and I tried to explain that I was just being friendly and that we were both Colt fans. Women.

I go to the Colts @ Texans game every year and it is so much fun. Texans fans are so passionate just like I am with the Colts, it's fun debating with them and enjoying it with them. The funniest thing from them is when they get on Kubiak during the game when he makes yet another conservative call(pure comedy when that happens).

Oh yea it gets real loud in there especially when Foster, Johnson, Cushing, or Watt make a play, that place be rocking.

I went to a game in nashville. The girls were nice. We were waiting for the shuttle to come and take us to the stadium. I had on a Colts t shirt and noticed a cute girl across the street with a manning jersey on. She had noticed me too and we smiled at each other. She mouthed the word 'hi' to me so I kind of tilted my head to the side and mouthed 'hey' back to her.

By that time, my fiance who was standing a few feet away with some friends, came over and looked at her and said 'hes taken' . We walk away and she's like 'what were you doing flirting with her' and I tried to explain that I was just being friendly and that we were both Colt fans. Women.

tell me about it so territorial lol any way I will be going to the coliseum for the Thursday night game. Can you fill me in more on how they treat colts fans.

...Of those games you mentioned, the Titans game is the best in my mind.  First off Nashville is a great town - impossible to not have a good time in, no matter the game's outcome.  The live music there is really cool.  Plus, there will be a large contingent of Colts fans as well. 

There are a lot of Colts fans here in Nashville. Many of them were Peyton Manning fans when he played at Tennessee and they just naturally started following the Colts when he went to Indy. Nashville is a very friendly place, and you can sit in the stands at LP Field in your Colts gear and have a friendly, good time with the Titans fans sitting around you. The fans here are a lot like Indy fans -- sane and sober. 

I went to the preseason game at FedEx last year. I thought it was a dump. I really am not a fan of that part of Maryland either. I had a nice group of fans sitting near me. There was a lot of trash talking on my way in the stadium though from Redskins fans. I've been to the Georgia Dome twice, and L.O.S. once. Both are very nice places. I prefer Indy to Atlanta though. I really want to make it back to Indy this year, maybe for the Oakland game. If I'm flying from Va I want to go to a game that I feel like the Colts will win.

Over the years, we have a group that has gone to several away games - San Diego, San Fran, Carolina, Tennessee, Detroit, Cincy, Green Bay, New England, KC & Atlanta.  I actually prefer going to road games for precisely the reason that Kevin suggests.  I like being in the minority and walking out with a W.

Of those games you mentioned, the Titans game is the best in my mind.  First off Nashville is a great town - impossible to not have a good time in, no matter the game's outcome.  The live music there is really cool.  Plus, there will be a large contingent of Colts fans as well. 

But Indy's a cool town to have a boys weekend in, yes? Please tell me so sir!

Went to Jacksonville for last year's thursday night game and got second row seats lower level behind Colts bench for $30/ticket. Let's just say I will be going there every year for now on. Fans were a little obnoxious but that's probably because I was the only Colts fan in my section and I am quite passionate(I'm sure they would call me obnoxious too haha). One thing that frustrated me was being asked to sit down countless times during the game. Why sit down when my team is in the red zone? Are you crazy? I guess I can't blame them, they don't understand what it's like to have a winning team. The younger fans(under 40) were a lot more fun and nicer while the older fans(55+) seemed to only complain about my cheering and standing up. Cincinnati was kind of the same way, always complaining about other fans standing up...there were plenty of empty seats in other sections, they could've moved.

Nothing is like watching a game in LOS, love it there. Carolina Panthers stadium is very friendly too, but haven't had a chance to go to a Colts game there...since they only play every 4 years and last time was at LOS.

Only been to 3 NFL games in the USA:

- Pats @ Giants 2007 Week 17. The day I saw the Giants win the SB

- Giants @ NE Preseason 2010 I think

- Dolphins @ NE 2011 Week 16 or 17

All great experiences, and no trouble. Will be in Houston (work) for the Week 3 Preseason game v Saints, so might go along to that, and Indy v Sea in Oct.....

My only Colts game was in @ Philly. Being from NJ it's tough for me to get out to Indy for a game especially right out of college and broke. However, all I can say is that I am glad I was with 13 eagles fans because I was in full Colts gear and got taunted pretty bad. Few guys also swatted my hat off. Being a Philadelphia Flyers fan, I know how opposing fans can be big *. With that said I can definitely see the satisfaction of being at an away game and seeing the fans deflated after the loss. 

I will also be at IND @ NYG preseason game this coming August. 

I've seen the colts play in Buffalo, Oakland, New Orleans, Cincinnati, Detroit, Baltimore, New England, and Indy. I have had pretty good experiences at all these venues Oakland was a little freighting but not to bad I am always decked out in Colts gear and have had no problem with home team fans. I plan on going to Arizona this year and either sf or sd and Cincinnati again. Can't wait for another great season.

Of the games listed in the OP, Washington is the only one I've been to. Traffic is pretty ridiculous, but I was there for a primetime game too...so might be different. (actually it was the bears there too back in 2007).

As for other stadiums, I think my favorite place to see a game is Minnesota followed by New Orleans. Both crowds are very friendly. Other places I've been are Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa. All those places were pretty inert. This year I'm hitting Green Bay and Minnesota again (for like the 10th time)....and maybe Seattle. Have not been to LoS yet.

I was at Pitt in 95, (actually 96)....     and I can tell you all, DO NOT WEAR YOUR COLORS TO THE STADIUM.

Unless you have Anderson Silva and few other studs rolling with you.     It was the WORST football experience I have ever had.

Batteries, Beer, coins, and on and on thrown at you all day long.

It sucked.     

I would really be proud of that adventure had Indy pulled it out.     But....    ;)

Pittsburg is just not a opposing fan friendly site.   Thumbs down to Philly and Cleveland also.

But HUGE props to Green Bay...         STELLAR,    Detroit was fun,  Chicago was fun, Cincy is  Cincy...   heheehe..

St Louis was a great time.    

I am planning on hitting KC this year.     I have heard KC is a good time.

PM me when you head to indy BraveH...    I will make it down there.   I live one and a half hours away.

Indy is fun,    Lets all hook up and tear Broad Ripple down... 

It is. This weekend we were at one of the bars that we discussed in the Spring - place called Macnivens. You/we will have fun.

It is. This weekend we were at one of the bars that we discussed in the Spring - place called Macnivens. You/we will have fun.

I'm in contact with the owner, and will be heading there on the Friday after I check into my hotel. He's had a very interesting journey since leaving Scotland! Thanks for the post.

I've had the two extreme experiences. I was at last year's awesome come from behind win in Detroit. That was an incredible high. I've also had the exact opposite experience. I sat through every horrid play in person at the blow out beating we took in New Orleans the year before. That took quite the bottle of wine to ease the sting! Also have been to a win against the Redskins and a loss to the Bears. Think I'm going to San Diego and Houston this year. Can't wait!!!

I think Jets fans cry in agony every day anyway.

I cheer for our division first and formost,i even know as much about the texans as you.I don't hate houston,i just want to beat them.I believe competition can only improve you.If you're afraid of it,then that's a weak characteristic.I want us to push each other,so we don't become soft.I want the afc south to bring home the superbowl...where it belongs.

I cheer for our division first and formost,i even know as much about the texans as you.I don't hate houston,i just want to beat them.I believe competition can only improve you.If you're afraid of it,then that's a weak characteristic.I want us to push each other,so we don't become soft.I want the afc south to bring home the superbowl...where it belongs.

Yep. I've seen enough Lombardis in the East and North. Hopefully it will be in the AFC South again this year. But I pray that it is not with the Titans lol. That is the one team I would absolutely hate to see win the SB in the South. The Jaguars aren't anywhere close so I guess that leaves the two of us lol.