Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/17

sb41champs

Gonna go with Colt's Superbowl.

Statistics show that small market teams rarely make the NBA finals.  

On the other hand statistics show that small market teams actually have a slightly better chance then large market teams of making the SB.

So while the Pacers are closer in terms of talent, statistically they are unlikely to make the finals.  

A. 

While the Colts have a very bright future, the Pacers are only a few pieces away from getting to the NBA Finals imo. Obviously what they do this offseason (resigning David West, Trade or not trade Danny Granger, etc) will be a big indicator for their future success, I still think the Pacers have the better shot in the near future. Plus, the Eastern Conference is relatively weak (especially if the Big 3 in Miami break up), so it's not like they have to go through the likes of the Broncos, Patriots, Texans, etc to get to the Finals.

Okay, great question. I would honestly say Colts superbowl with 100% confidence  my answer. Why? Ryan Grigson has proved he's an amazing GM   through our past season drafting Luck, Allen, Fleener, Hilton, and Ballard and using these players to help take the colts to the AFC Wildcard Plaoff game. (Which i attended.) This offseason, Ryan Grigson has shown yet again that he is an amazing GM but in different way. Studying his off-season moves this year, He is not "rebuilding" our team. That was last year's move. This year, he is filling gaps. Jim Irsay, Ryan Grigson, and The Indianapolis Colts have proved that they want to WIN. Now. This year.

B.

Until the Pacers can get a consistent scorer and not one that just scores 25 1 night and then 9-10 the next then we will never have the fire power to hang with teams like Miami for a full 7 game stretch and come out on top, Also trading Darren Collison was quite possibly the dumbest move Larry Bird made before he left...Who only went on to average 12 points per game and start 81 games while the guy we picked up in return averaged 5 ppg

Colts.

Pacers are very close but need a better PG.

Colts have depth everywhere imo are in a really weak division (all but the texans) and in my opinion a pretty weak conference as well, with exceptions. Like i have said for a while now Colts to play in SB this year. Pacers will be in the NBA finals in 1 or 2 years provided they find better G's, as well as Paul George and Roy Hibbert staying healthy.

Think CAREFULLY before answering todays question !!

Which do you believe will happen first:

A.  Indiana Pacers make it to the NBA Finals

B.  Indianapolis Colts make it to the Superbowl

B...The Colts are primed & ready to made a serious Playoff dent now that Luck will have a much improved line & our ground game is poised to pounce on our division & our conference...It's time to unleash Hades...

Colts are much closer IMO, on paper we have one of the most talent filled rosters in the league. We should reach the SB in the next 3 years.

I can't see the Pacers hanging with the elite in the east without finding a PG who can consistently put up numbers. Without one teams like the Heat, Bulls and Spurs will run through them.

If they get improved play at PG, the Pacers will get to the finals. My gut feeling is "The Big 3" will get blown up this offseason with the Heat dumping Bosh. That will further increase their chances. SO I guess my answer is Pacers in the short term (2-3 years).

I will go with B.

We have seen the best George Hill has to offer and when Granger is in the line up, our D suffers and he gets abused by Wade. I don't see pure addition moves for the Pacers roster. I see some addition with subtraction, the results of which will materialize later than right away.

In a QB driven league, we have a QB star that can make it happen with solid support and coaches around him in 2014 if not 2013.

I think the Colts go to the SB in 2014 and the Pacers take a step backwards when the Bulls get healthy because the Bulls, with Rose in the line up, can literally expose our point guard play with their pressure and active hands, something Miami could not. Plus, the Bulls play good D with a combination of size and athleticism that when healthy, have the best chance to take Miami down, IMO. Not to mention, their fans match up well with ours due to their proximity. :)

The year after the Pacers took the Bulls to game 7, they lost to the Knicks in 6 games. I anticipate a similar kind of exit in round 2 for the Pacers next year against the Bulls or Heat.

Three things the Pacers need

1.Point Guard, George Hill and Augustine are shooters. we need a passing PG that can get THEM the ball (Getting rid of Collison was just plain stupid on Larry's part)

2.More athleticism among our forwards

3.We HAVE to get  another outside scoring threat that can stretch the defense away from Hibbert or else as we saw with Miami, good teams will just double him and force one of our outside shooters who aren't real good 3 point shooters to hit a shot, George is an up and coming player who shows flashes out of an outside shot but we need more

3 players I have my eye on  if by chance they make it to us

1.Glen Rice Jr. He's athletic, and excellent in transition, we need that player that can get  up court to pressure the defense and beat it for easing scoring attempts 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5E_IpKjowQ

2.Nate Wolters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5E_IpKjowQ

3.Tony  Mitchell (gives us that above the rim player to compliment Wolters fast break ball handling skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QjuMpOQdJc

If the Pacers trade Granger this off season and gain a point guard then I'll say, A.

his trade value is about as low as it's ever been right now. there's no assurance he'll ever return to form, given how he was supposed to be back after the all star break

we're better off bringing him back & if he looks good, we could potentially make a trade prior to the deadline

i do think the colts have a better chance than the pacers. as good as the pacers were in the 90's & early 2000's (and they were d**n good), they only made one finals appearance. the pacers have the same problem now as they had then. it was michael jordan, shaqille o'neal, & kobe bryant standing in our way back then. now it's derrick rose & lebron james

Colts are much closer IMO, on paper we have one of the most talent filled rosters in the league. We should reach the SB in the next 3 years.

I can't see the Pacers hanging with the elite in the east without finding a PG who can consistently put up numbers. Without one teams like the Heat, Bulls and Spurs will run through them.

I'll bet against the Colts getting to the SB in the next three years. I might bet against just about any team doing that but the 49ers. Nothing against the Colts, but getting to the SB isn't easy.

I'll bet against the Colts getting to the SB in the next three years. I might bet against just about any team doing that but the 49ers. Nothing against the Colts, but getting to the SB isn't easy.

I don't know...

Give them two more years. Weak division, weak conference, not saying we'll win, but I think we could make it there.