Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't understand picking this guy at all....

wow, i wish this was a uncensored forum right now.  a lot of things i would like to say to you that would get me banned from this place.  in no way what so ever am I a fairweather fan...u no nothing about me.  you do not deserve to be a fan and get to enjoy the good things coming to our organization in the near future.     i have to stop, u r absolutely not worth the time of even typing any further to.  

Ok.....Finish trimming your Bonzai trees and decorating your cakes then...You have an important day at the art gallery tomorrow, and don't need to be distracted by this football sport thing.

If i did this exact draft as a mock before the draft i would have been bood out of the forum and told i reached for all of the players. You guys dont make any sense. 

They would have loved it except for Warner..lmao-- Who is and will be a Monster..They wanted to trade back and get an overweight clumsy guard out of Kentucky..Trust me

Ok.....Finish trimming your Bonzai trees and decorating your cakes then...You have an important day at the art gallery tomorrow, and don't need to be distracted by this football sport thing.

ok internet tough guy... 

They mess up and get fired every year...What is bad is we have Luck and no matter how bad we pick he will still keep us competitive and they'll keep their job...If we make the right picks we could dominate.

Yeah lets all saddle our team on one guy again.......Stupid really really stupid idea.

What did they say after Fleener was drafted?

"OMG THIS FRONT OFFICE KNOWS NOTHING ALLEN WAS WAY BETTER. HE'S GOING TO BE GONE SOON WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED HIM!!!"

Then he goes to us anyways, and the crowd goes silent..........until the next pick where they lost their minds again lol.

The fans were right Allen is muuuch better and we lucked out he fell to us..

The fans were right Allen is muuuch better and we lucked out he fell to us..

The fans were reactionary like many have been from fan bases all across the NFL, and most don't know half of what they think they do.

And jury is still out on who will have the better career, but I suppose that isn't the eye catching response you keep trying to come up with.

All you are doing is assuming, and I'm sure you know what they say about those who assume.

The fans were reactionary like many have been from fan bases all across the NFL, and most don't know half of what they think they do.

And jury is still out on who will have the better career, but I suppose that isn't the eye catching response you keep trying to come up with.

All you are doing is assuming, and I'm sure you know what they say about those who assume.

Fleenor still has a big upside no doubt, It would be nice if he stays healthy and lives up to it, he just seems nonchalant out there a lot of times...

Fleenor still has a big upside no doubt, It would be nice if he stays healthy and lives up to it, he just seems nonchalant out there a lot of times...

I think the game was faster and bigger, and he was a little overwhelmed, but he has the size, speed, and skill to succeed. Just needs to mentally tell himself that.

Bandwagon fairweather fans are embarrassing, talk to me when you lived through the Jeff George years..

i've lived through the jeff george era,the jack trudea era,the mike pagel era,the bert jones era,on back to johnny u.just because someone doesn't spout about ever draft pic doesn't make them a bandwagon fan

you know what I find really interesting......teams rank draft prospects from #1-#300 they don't give them a "round grade" or "value pick" designation........no NFL team is going, this guy is projected to go 3rd or 4th round or whatever.....so it boggles the mind that we as fans wave that flag collectively as gospel.....if a team has , lets say, 7 picks.....they want to get 7 guys that on their board are as close to the top of that list that they can.....period......I had my favorites too, but I didn't see game film on EVERY player, and "highlight" film on you tube is not "game film" so I have to put that in perspective when the Colts throw me a curve ball in the draft....what usually happens is I tend to go and find highlight video of who they selected just so I can try and see if I can see what they saw....... I just don't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, when the reality is no one on this forum watched game film of every prospect out there......after they hit the field and play, I think as time progresses we have every right to say this or that guy sucks based on eye ball evaluation.....but its delusional to think anyone here has seen more film and private work outs than the scouts and management on this team.......

Just because you have watched a shuttle launch on you tube...doesn't make you an astronaut.

Right! And who picked Satele to bring in too?? I don't get it...

You're right,  you don't get it.

Satele has one of the highest grades based on performance in 2011.

Last year, the Colts operated on a payroll 1/3 smaller than every other team.     Payroll limits were $120 Mill.  The Colts had $40 Mill in what is called "Dead Cap Space"  (money we could not spend)    So we had an $80 Million dollar payroll.

Satele was the best center we could afford last year.   Most of his problems were injury related as it was.   He couldn't play effectively because he was often hurt and yet he played anyway.    Not well,  but he tried for the team.    That's the reality we were in last year.

I don't suppose you noticed, but we've signed more than a dozen free agents this off-season.   We have money to spend.

There are reasons why things happen....   and some of the reasons are logical and make sense...

you know what I find really interesting......teams rank draft prospects from #1-#300 they don't give them a "round grade" or "value pick" designation........no NFL team is going, this guy is projected to go 3rd or 4th round or whatever.....so it boggles the mind that we as fans wave that flag collectively as gospel.....if a team has , lets say, 7 picks.....they want to get 7 guys that on their board are as close to the top of that list that they can.....period......

I'm sorry, Crunked, but as much as I like you, what you've written here is completely incorrect.

Yes,  teams rank players 1-300.   But they also get grades.   And those grades equate to each round.   Which is why -- for example -- this draft was rated very strong in rounds 3 thru 5.   Because there were roughly four rounds of players with grades for those three rounds.    In other words,  those three rounds are roughly 100 spots.   But there were roughly 130 players with those grades.   So,  there was great depth into the 6th round and even beyond...   that's how good players got picked in rounds 5, 6 and 7...

Also...   you had Dallas publicly saying they only had 16 players with legitimate 1st round grades.   Now, that number maybe wrong,  but it goes to the point,  every team gives every player a grade and that grade equates to a round.

There's more on this....  but I think I've said enough for this post....

Thornton will start from the get go.   And Holmes very well could also.    I just don't see how so many can dislike upgrades to this OL.

from a Colt release...

On the third and final day of the draft, Indianapolis selected center/guard Khaled Holmes in the fourth round with the 121st overall pick. At USC, Holmes appeared in 40 games (37 starts) at center and guard and was credited with 227 knockdowns/key blocks while recording 27 touchdown-resulting blocks. In two seasons at center, he called blocking assignments for an offensive line that yielded only 25.0 quarterback sacks during that 24-game span.

I'm sorry, Crunked, but as much as I like you, what you've written here is completely incorrect.

Yes,  teams rank players 1-300.   But they also get grades.   And those grades equate to each round.   Which is why -- for example -- this draft was rated very strong in rounds 3 thru 5.   Because there were roughly four rounds of players with grades for those three rounds.    In other words,  those three rounds are roughly 100 spots.   But there were roughly 130 players with those grades.   So,  there was great depth into the 6th round and even beyond...   that's how good players got picked in rounds 5, 6 and 7...

Also...   you had Dallas publicly saying they only had 16 players with legitimate 1st round grades.   Now, that number maybe wrong,  but it goes to the point,  every team gives every player a grade and that grade equates to a round.

There's more on this....  but I think I've said enough for this post....

My apologies, I am too often guilty of "over generalizing" a situation to make a point. They do put a draft grade on a player but it does weigh much less/ or differently than the average fan puts on it, in other words they don't identify strictly 32 players for each round as fans often do........ 

The point I was trying to make was not whether they grade or not, simply to point out that the team does far more player research than any of us....so at some point, we can all (myself included) say why did they pass on this guy, or select that guy......but the fact is we need to yield to the people that have done the leg work. Where our judgement comes into play is how they perform on the field.

My apologies, I am too often guilty of "over generalizing" a situation to make a point. They do put a draft grade on a player but it does weigh much less/ or differently than the average fan puts on it, in other words they don't identify strictly 32 players for each round as fans often do........ 

The point I was trying to make was not whether they grade or not, simply to point out that the team does far more player research than any of us....so at some point, we can all (myself included) say why did they pass on this guy, or select that guy......but the fact is we need to yield to the people that have done the leg work. Where our judgement comes into play is how they perform on the field.

No need to apologize....  I understand what you're saying here, and I agree my friend....      :thmup:

Holmes was a good solid center at USC  there offensive line took a huge blow when he got hurt so clearly that means this guy is talented he reads blitzes and can easily adjust the line  he will take a bit of time to adjust to the NFL but no coach is better than uncovering great talent then pagano and his staff this guy will be a great lineman

My apologies, I am too often guilty of "over generalizing" a situation to make a point. They do put a draft grade on a player but it does weigh much less/ or differently than the average fan puts on it, in other words they don't identify strictly 32 players for each round as fans often do........

Yep!!! That's exactly what I had been saying before the draft. We see and know about 5% of what they know. But its all part of the fun of being a fan.

i've lived through the jeff george era,the jack trudea era,the mike pagel era,the bert jones era,on back to johnny u.just because someone doesn't spout about ever draft pic doesn't make them a bandwagon fan

I became a Colts fan in 1958 after watching the Colts vs Giants in the World Championship. We have had some good and bad years. I agree with you. I did not like all the picks at first but after watching tape I wouldn't change one. Grigson is a professional who has done an excellent job.

And your point is?  I dabble in bonsai, I've been to cook school - retired military cook, does that make me a lesser person?  I admit I don't visit the art gallery but that doesn't make me a lesser person nor does it make you better than me.  I'm a Colts fan and yes I go back to the names of Gino, Big Daddy, Lenny, Johnny U and Mutz just to name a few.  What does hobbies and personal likes have to do with opinions and being a Colts fan?

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!! Could have had Jesse Williams in the back of the 4th and Holmes was a 6th round guy...Disgusted

well done my friend you are either a master troller or off your head on something. If it the later tell Mr what it is I feel like im missing out :(. Have to say tho this is a place where your meant to Express your opinion maybe not popular and maybe.not right but its yours why shouldn't you give it like. Personally I like the pick and the draft overall adds excitment to the preseason. Then that's just my two euros. Again well done on rallying ppl. Good show old chap