Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL analyst apologizes for comments about Luck

BronxColtNYC

NFL analyst apologizes for comments about Luck. Before I begin, let's not make this a Luck vs. RG3 thread. Posters are tired of it and don't want to go down that path anymore. This is relevant because it is an article That was published this AM.

Basically it's an analyst apologizing for.comparing Luck to Carson Palmer, leinart, Sanchez.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/11/indianapolis-colts-choice-of-andrew-luck-made-a-few-analysts-look-dumb/

I thought it would be an interesting read.

Meh, would have been more interesting to see that Houston writer come out who shot his mouth off in a couple articles and admit he was wrong, I dont even know who this guy is or that he doubted us

Oh the "Indianapolis hates PM" guy. He was eerily silent after the 2nd Houston game.

NFL analyst apologizes for comments about Luck. Before I begin, let's not make this a Luck vs. RG3 thread. Posters are tired of it and don't want to go down that path anymore. This is relevant because it is an article That was published this AM.

Basically it's an analyst apologizing for.comparing Luck to Carson Palmer, leinart, Sanchez.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/04/11/indianapolis-colts-choice-of-andrew-luck-made-a-few-analysts-look-dumb/

NFL analyst?  That's a little generous.  Maybe "random guy on a website that talks about football" is more accurate.

I can think of 2 specific posters on this very forum that could take a page from this guy's book and be men enough to admit they are wrong on how they feel about Luck. 

I can think of 2 specific posters on this very forum that could take a page from this guy's book and be men enough to admit they are wrong on how they feel about Luck.

Lol whats not to like about Luck,he is the best of the class,will prove it with a solid line,I like RGIII as well as well as Wilson,but these two had plenty of help around them,not gonna argue the point with anyone,I for one am gonna set back and watch it play out and prove itself :thmup: Brother lets face it,some people just like to hear or see themselves  talk :funny:

Can I just say I TOTALLY RESPECT THIS GUY.

How many guys say some crap about a player, turn out to be totally and completely wrong and then pretend like they never said it or just seem to forget about it.

This guy actually came out and admitted he was wrong about it.  

That doesn't happen much and is worth respecting.

I do not know if I am 1 of the 2 and do not care.  I have stated that I did not like Luck and stated my reasons.  I am still not impressed with him and will not he proves he is not like he was in college. 

Now some one will bring up that Luck set the Rookie record for total passing yards.  I have 2 things to say about that: so did Cam and look at his last season and the biggest is that most of those yards came between the 20s and our Offense disappeared in the Red Zone.

Others will call me on other things and I will answer unti I get tired, but only Luck will change my mind.

Lastly, some are going to say 11-5 last season, I watched the games and saw that we had help winning those games( go back and watch the games again and answer your own question about that).  We just as well been 5-11 and drafting higher.

Balzer nothing personal, but I will admit if /when I am proven wrong.  One season does not make a career.

I do not know if I am 1 of the 2 and do not care.  I have stated that I did not like Luck and stated my reasons.  I am still not impressed with him and will not he proves he is not like he was in college. 

Now some one will bring up that Luck set the Rookie record for total passing yards.  I have 2 things to say about that: so did Cam and look at his last season and the biggest is that most of those yards came between the 20s and our Offense disappeared in the Red Zone.

Others will call me on other things and I will answer unti I get tired, but only Luck will change my mind.

Lastly, some are going to say 11-5 last season, I watched the games and saw that we had help winning those games( go back and watch the games again and answer your own question about that).  We just as well been 5-11 and drafting higher.

Balzer nothing personal, but I will admit if /when I am proven wrong.  One season does not make a career.

No, I was not thinking of you at all when I posted that. I certainly think you are entitled to thinking of Luck how you want, but there are 2 here that immediately crossed my mind that just say outrageous and ridiculous statements about Luck. To my knowledge, you have never said anything so ridiculous. There is no doubt that Luck needs to improve on some things and IMO he will do so rather easily.

No, I was not thinking of you at all when I posted that. I certainly think you are entitled to thinking of Luck how you want, but there are 2 here that immediately crossed my mind that just say outrageous and ridiculous statements about Luck. To my knowledge, you have never said anything so ridiculous. There is no doubt that Lucks needs to improve on some things and IMO he will do so rather easily.

Skip bayless can learn a thing or two from the guy in this article.

Skip bayless can learn a thing or two from the guy in this article.

Yup.....   and so can our own Ol Blue....

But I'm not expecting either to change.....   at all.

They're completely set in their ways and views and not open to admitting they're wrong --- ever.

It's not going to happen.....   

So sad.....

Yup.....   and so can our own Ol Blue....

But I'm not expecting either to change.....   at all.

They're completely set in their ways and views and not open to admitting they're wrong --- ever.

It's not going to happen.....   

So sad.....

I don't think we can single out one poster. There are several hard headed posters whose pride would be hurt to admit they were wrong on certain things. Some posters think they can say the same thing over and over and over again and convince you otherwise. Some experienced and wise posters know how much time they can spend on disagreeing and agreeing to disagree and move on :).

Whether it is a young one in his mommy's basement or an old one whiling away time :), everyone has a pride factor associated with them. Like in the movie Devil's advocate, when Al Pacino says vanity is his favorite subject, I do believe that vanity is the bane for mankind. It always hinders man from seeking the truth or accepting the truth. :)

I will now get off my philosophical pulpit :)

No, I was not thinking of you at all when I posted that. I certainly think you are entitled to thinking of Luck how you want, but there are 2 here that immediately crossed my mind that just say outrageous and ridiculous statements about Luck. To my knowledge, you have never said anything so ridiculous. There is no doubt that Luck needs to improve on some things and IMO he will do so rather easily.

Thank you for this.  I know we do not always agree, but I respect your opinon and incite.

Good stuff

Thanks BC..The biggest problem with the media is that they never admit they're wrong even when its proven.

The mistake this guy made (and a lot do) is applying same characteristics to guys simply because they played for the same school or in the same conference.

Your school and your league have nothing to do with you..

There is no such thing as a 'USC quarterback'

That's as bad as saying those 'black quarterbacks' are all alike...isnt it?..

Good stuff

Thanks BC..The biggest problem with the media is that they never admit they're wrong even when its proven.

The mistake this guy made (and a lot do) is applying same characteristics to guys simply because they played for the same school or in the same conference.

Your school and your league have nothing to do with you..

There is no such thing as a 'USC quarterback'

That's as bad as saying those 'black quarterbacks' are all alike...isnt it?..

I don't think so, necessarily. SC QBs are all known for being all flash and benefiting from great teammates in college to being overrated prospects and eventually fading into obscurity shortly after entering the NFL. Palmer is like the only exception lol and he too has seemed to fade into mediocrity. Same thing with Alabama QBs. A school's athletic program can make any decent QB look great sometimes. I don't think it's very similar to the whole "black QBs are alike" thing at all.