Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is already elite! Put any of the so called elite QB's on the Colts behind that horrendous O-Line, and ask yourself could they go 11-5?

jshipp23

The only QB that could have had the success Luck did carrying the Colts despite having less than 2 seconds to throw the ball each time before getting smoked is Aaron Rodgers...Luck has the mobility, toughness, awareness, cerebral skills, and physical tools to be the G.O.A.T.....He is mobile like John Elway, tough like Brett Favre, and has the Mind of a Peyton Manning....He is the perfect QB. I guarantee you his accuracy will go way up and interceptions will go way down given just an average line, and if we build a great line he will absolutely humiliate and destroy defenses...Just wait.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady wouldn't play behind our oline. When he gets hit, it's like it's a surprise to him. Like he's never experienced it before.

You guys saw him in the AFCCG vs the Ravens. After a few plays, he just sat on the ground like his. Mind wasn't registering the fact that he was pressured & knocked down.

Tom Brady wouldn't play behind our oline. When he gets hit, it's like it's a surprise to him. Like he's never experienced it before.

You guys saw him in the AFCCG vs the Ravens. After a few plays, he just sat on the ground like his. Mind wasn't registering the fact that he was pressured & knocked down.

Yeah....he has always had all day to sit and dink and dunk...He is the most overrated QB ever.

Yeah....he has always had all day to sit and dink and dunk...He is the most overrated QB ever.

You can't say he's overrated just because Belicheck & the FO have given him a elite oline year in & year out. That's just an organization taking care of their Franchise QB

The only QB that could have had the success Luck did carrying the Colts despite having less than 2 seconds to throw the ball each time before getting smoked is Aaron Rodgers...Luck has the mobility, toughness, awareness, cerebral skills, and physical tools to be the G.O.A.T.....He is mobile like John Elway, tough like Brett Favre, and has the Mind of a Peyton Manning....He is the perfect QB. I guarantee you his accuracy will go way up and interceptions will go way down given just an average line, and if we build a great line he will absolutely humiliate and destroy defenses...Just wait.

Lets slow down he doesnt have the mind of Peyton Manning or even close to it first off, secondly the word elite and first year NFL QB'S shouldnt even be used in the same sentence.  Did Luck play well, he sure did, was the experience of throwing behind a terrible o-line and what it will do for him in the future be a great building block for him to become great, sure will.  But to proclaim him Elite is BaFoolery politely said.  P. Manning, D. Bress, T. Brady, A.Rogers are elite.  Luck has a ways to go. 

Lets slow down he doesnt have the mind of Peyton Manning or even close to it first off, secondly the word elite and first year NFL QB'S shouldnt even be used in the same sentence.  Did Luck play well, he sure did, was the experience of throwing behind a terrible o-line and what it will do for him in the future be a great building block for him to become great, sure will.  But to proclaim him Elite is BaFoolery politely said.  P. Manning, D. Bress, T. Brady, A.Rogers are elite.  Luck has a ways to go. 

Not if you look at it the way I stated??? Could any of those guys other than Rodgers have made it through the season much less go 11-5...No QB has ever came in and done more with less his rookie year...2 guys on the 0-line that aren't even legitimate NFL players, 4 rookie receivers and an old Reggie Wayne who wore down as the season went on...I know he can get a lot better as far as timing and getting rid of the ball quicker, at times he tried to do too much. The thought of what he will be even this year is scary and he is just as smart as Peyton and was running the no-huddle day 1...

Not if you look at it the way I stated??? Could any of those guys other than Rodgers have made it through the season much less go 11-5...No QB has ever came in and done more with less his rookie year...2 guys on the 0-line that aren't even legitimate NFL players, 4 rookie receivers and an old Reggie Wayne who wore down as the season went on...I know he can get a lot better as far as timing and getting rid of the ball quicker, at times he tried to do too much. The thought of what he will be even this year is scary and he is just as smart as Peyton and was running the no-huddle day 1...

We can't use hypotheticals here. Those elite QBs are elite for a reason. They could all have possibly gone 11-5 or better, helped the run game, all that good stuff. Do you have prove that he is as smart as the guy that has been playing and killing defenses since 1998? It's good to be excited about your QB but threads like this are just...I can't even think of a word for it.

Luck was incredible last year as a rookie. Was he elite?  I think he was outstanding but not elite--the best of the best. That would still be Brady, Rodgers, Manning and Brees.

Your point that the other QBs would not be able to perform like Luck behind our O-line is valid only if we kept the offense the same. My argument is that with our O-line and a QB like Manning, we would not be running Arian's offense. Instead, we would be running Manning's "get the ball out quick" offense that we've seen for years in Indy, behind a terrible O-line. The results may still be an 11-5 team or better with these elite QBs.

As an example, if Matt Schaub was our QB last year we would have the 1st pick in this years draft again....

Luck was incredible last year as a rookie. Was he elite?  I think he was outstanding but not elite--the best of the best. That would still be Brady, Rodgers, Manning and Brees.

Your point that the other QBs would not be able to perform like Luck behind our O-line is valid only if we kept the offense the same. My argument is that with our O-line and a QB like Manning, we would not be running Arian's offense. Instead, we would be running Manning's "get the ball out quick" offense that we've seen for years in Indy, behind a terrible O-line. The results may still be an 11-5 team or better with these elite QBs.

Yep. Good post.

How is it that the mighty elite Luck produced just 9 points vs the Ravens' playoff D?

Let us not put the cart before the horse, let us let it play out. I can understand we are all excited but don't crown him yet, would be my cautious two cents. :)

The future is bright, let it shine first.

We can't use hypotheticals here. Those elite QBs are elite for a reason. They could all have possibly gone 11-5 or better, helped the run game, all that good stuff. Do you have prove that he is as smart as the guy that has been playing and killing defenses since 1998? It's good to be excited about your QB but threads like this are just...I can't even think of a word for it.

The Texans had their chance, time for the Colts to dominate the South the next 15 years...Maybe the NFL  will move them to another division so they'll have a chance.

As an example, if Matt Schaub was our QB last year we would have the 1st pick in this years draft again....

Really? 

You're either drinking way, way too much coffee,  or you've gone off your meds.     Don't post drivel like that. 

You're not doing yourself any favors trying to score points.    You're going the wrong way.

The Texans had their chance, time for the Colts to dominate the South the next 15 years...Maybe the NFL  will move them to another division so they'll have a chance.

Call me back after you get out of this two-year hiatus. To others I apologize for responding to a troll...

How is it that the mighty elite Luck produced just 9 points vs the Ravens' playoff D?

Let us not put the cart before the horse, let us let it play out. I can understand we are all excited but don't crown him yet, would be my cautious two cents. :)

The future is bright, let it shine first.

A lot of drops that game and clutch throws by Flacco...Not to mention not having Arians??? NFL can be a game of inches sometimes.

:explode:

Call me back after you get out of this two-year hiatus. Ask America who they think is more likely to win a championship little guy and see how many choose the Colts. To others, please do not flame me for responding to a troll...

Manning wouldn't have physically held up, yes, he gets the ball out quicker, but Luck took some vicious hits...Any of which could've forced Manning or Brady into early retirement..

A lot of drops that game and clutch throws by Flacco...Not to mention not having Arians??? NFL can be a game of inches sometimes.

Bottomline, it is not easy to win come playoff time. Once we come to terms with it, we will all be fine. Otherwise, we will be giving excuses for Luck, much like we did for Peyton, at least it will seem like it though the truth will always be somewhere in the middle. :)

Manning wouldn't have physically held up, yes, he gets the ball out quicker, but Luck took some vicious hits...Any of which couldn't forced Manning or Brady into retirement..

You're young.   Really, really young.   

You're trying to make a point and going about it in the absolute wrong way.

This started as a cheer leading exercise and now it's turned into you throwing-up all over yourself with hyperbole.

STOP!!     Enough!!     You lost the war!    You lost the battle!    You meant well,  but you botched this very badly.

Sorry,  but you lost.

Elite QBs should be sure HOF... one years work doesn't  make anyone a HOF. he is a top ten qb i think but Elite... is a tough word for me to but behind a guy. Even Rodgers to me isn't a sure HOF, yet.

If your a top 5 QB I'd consider that elite no matter your age, I agree he wasn't elite yet last year , but will be top 5 this year...Look at the jump Peyton made his second year and Luck has a much smaller jump to make.

For some reason I have no desire to go on a Houston Texans forum??? It's all in fun, I don't understand why people can be so sensitive? It's sports debate everyone should not always agree that would be quite boring...I may Imbelish on some threads to illicit a reaction , but it makes the threads more interesting IMO.

For some reason I have no desire to go on a Houston Texans forum??? It's all in fun, I don't understand why people can be so sensitive? It's sports debate everyone should not always agree that would be quite boring...I may Imbelish on some threads to illicit a reaction , but it makes the threads more interesting IMO.

Baiting is against forum rules, you might want to check on that here on your Colts forum.

Yeah and when he does get pressured he scrambles and tries to fatality opposing defenders by sliding knee kick death kill. haha