Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins sign Pat White

HtownColt

I always liked Pat White out of WV.  Thought he actually had some good tools but just needed some weight.  I don't know what happened.

Concussions big time.....really a question as to whether he should play.  I meant it above....the kid could play baseball.....I hope he rethinks.  Skins have RG3, Cousins, Grossman and White...why would he try to come back with them?  By the way....he WAS fun to watch at WVA!!!

Concussions big time.....really a question as to whether he should play.  I meant it above....the kid could play baseball.....I hope he rethinks.  Skins have RG3, Cousins, Grossman and White...why would he try to come back with them?  By the way....he WAS fun to watch at WVA!!!

I was a BIG FAN of WV when Slaton and him were back there running the show!  But concussion would make sense, he always seemed small to me.  

I was a BIG FAN of WV when Slaton and him were back there running the show!  But concussion would make sense, he always seemed small to me.  

I posted an article....i think at the 1st of the thread (I have slept since then :))  The Washington Times I believe thought it 'not in the best interests' of the NFL for him to play.  He dropped his lawsuit against them...

Yes WVA lit up some scoreboards with those guys :)

I always liked Pat White out of WV.  Thought he actually had some good tools but just needed some weight.  I don't know what happened.

I believe he's on record as saying that he didn't hit the film room hard enough in Miami.  Either way, I found it really weird that there's a thread about this.  He's basically camp fodder unless he REALLY impresses (unlikely).

I believe he's on record as saying that he didn't hit the film room hard enough in Miami.  Either way, I found it really weird that there's a thread about this.  He's basically camp fodder unless he REALLY impresses (unlikely).

RG.....it was news in Washington that he would even try with the concussions.

Any inside on why he would do it?  Dropped the lawsuit etc....to me it just does not make sense.

RG.....it was news in Washington that he would even try with the concussions.

Any inside on why he would do it?  Dropped the lawsuit etc....to me it just does not make sense.

No idea.  I think he washed out in the minor leagues and just needed the money or needed to compete.

Was watching NFL Network this week and they said this was a camp deal not to mess with the Offense while RGIII was out and for Pat to impress another team.

Yep.  He's basically a scout team player being brought in to emulate Griffin in practice.  Not unlike how teams used to prepare for Michael Vick by putting a guy like Antwaan Randle El at QB.

I get they might want someone to serve as Kirk Cousin's backup, but do they really need a 4 QB's.  

Very common for teams to have 4+ QBs through training camp.  Only 2 or 3 have any shot at the 53-man roster and that is not Pat White in this situation.

Very common for teams to have 4+ QBs through training camp.  Only 2 or 3 have any shot at the 53-man roster and that is not Pat White in this situation.

I would have thought they would have gotten a UDFA QB or something for camp.  Not a guy who was in the NFL for a little while, busted out and hasn't played in a couple years.