Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts interrested in Brandon Lloyd

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really make sense.

He is over 30 and not really a "pillar" player that Grigson is looking for.

I'm affraid we've already missed "pillar" players and "woppers" so we can only browse the leftover.

To be honest, I'm starting to think that we will sign an FA to the D-line and will draft a WR. Just my 2 cents.

I hope not. He's too old and hasn't been very good wherever he's been. Plus he'll be costly. I would rather them wait til the draft, but if they are set on adding a WR, I would rather it be Laurent Robinson, or Mohamed Massaquoi. Both are a lot younger than Lloyd and will be much cheaper.

I'm affraid we've already missed "pillar" players and "woppers" so we can only browse the leftover.

To be honest, I'm starting to think that we will sign an FA to the D-line and will draft a WR. Just my 2 cents.

They're obviously looking for a speed guy to replace Avery. Since it's rumored they only want to offer a one year contract they must feel that Brazil or Palmer need another year. Or if they draft a WR in the first, he'll take some time to work in.

If that's the case, I can understand why DHB would rather go somewhere else. Lloyd has alway been a journeyman, but if you can't make hay with Brady, then maybe you don't have the best game.

The only issue I have is how many teams he has played for in 10 years. Usually there is a reason for that. Not to say that is always the case, but teams like to hang on to good chemistry players when they have a chance.

6 teams in 10 years:

San Fran 2003-2005

Washington 2006-2007

Chicago 2008

Denver 2009-2011

St Louis 2011

New England 2012

Somebody check his drop chart.....

about the same size as Avery.....31 is the drawback and price....74 catches last year.....I still want big boy Bardens......I do not want to have to spell out  Mohamed Massaquoi every day on here.  loud-laughing.gif

I have read MM plays soft for his size?  Injuries??  Can I say I am just not sold on the FAs available?  And HB obviously wanted a Brinks truck!

I dont mind this signing, A veteran like Lloyd would show young guys like Brazil and Hilton route running techniques and leadership imo this move would suite us, and I dont think it would cost that much. I would be happy with a 2 year deal.

Who needs loyd to teach the youngsters when you got Wayne ?

I hope not. He's too old and hasn't been very good wherever he's been. Plus he'll be costly. I would rather them wait til the draft, but if they are set on adding a WR, I would rather it be Laurent Robinson, or Mohamed Massaquoi. Both are a lot younger than Lloyd and will be much cheaper.

His last 3 full (more or less) seasons -- which doesnt count 2011 when he played in just 4 games.  He caught 202 passes (including 74 for 911 yrds last season) -- for just over 3000 yards and 20 TDs.

He may be too old....he may issues that have caused him to bounce around so much....but he's been a good receiver, as recently as last year.  I wouldnt sign him to a long term deal, but if he wanted a short term one I'd be interested in trying to work something out.....if DGB has moved on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4582/brandon-lloyd

His last 3 full (more or less) seasons -- which doesnt count 2011 when he played in just 4 games.  He caught 202 passes (including 74 for 911 yrds last season) -- for just over 3000 yards and 20 TDs.

He may be too old....he may issues that have caused him to bounce around so much....but he's been a good receiver, as recently as last year.  I wouldnt sign him to a long term deal, but if he wanted a short term one I'd be interested in trying to work something out.....if DGB has moved on.

I don't really know much about him other than he's bounced around way too much, good receivers do not bounce around that much unless they are a headache in the locker room. Now, I don't know any specifics on what his problem is, but if his talents were good enough, teams wouldn't constantly be letting him go.

Or you could look at that and say he had one great year, 2010, and hasn't repeated that success since. Even when playing with Brady.

He is what he is, an older version of Avery. Stop gap until we find out if Brazil, Palmer, or a rookie can be a starter.

Or you could look at that and say he had one great year, 2010, and hasn't repeated that success since. Even when playing with Brady.

He is what he is, an older version of Avery. Stop gap until we find out if Brazil, Palmer, or a rookie can be a starter.

Is 74 catches terrible when you have Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman....etc?  Some wanted us to keep Avery.....Not arguing...just sayin....Patriots had some weapons....we were raw...

I dont mind this signing, A veteran like Lloyd would show young guys like Brazil and Hilton route running techniques and leadership imo this move would suite us, and I dont think it would cost that much.  I would be happy with a 2 year deal. 

Lloyd has solid hands, runs great routes, and would be a perfect compliment to our receiving corps. He wouldn't be too expensive, but the issue with him is his attitude. I read somewhere, (can't remember where0, that he has personality issues, and that's one of the reasons he doesn't stick long with any team. He produced well in Denver, was the Rams #1, and then NE..IF NE says he has issues however, I'd take a pass on him, unless he can get his head on straight.

Is 74 catches terrible when you have Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman....etc?  Some wanted us to keep Avery.....Not arguing...just sayin....Patriots had some weapons....we were raw...

Exactly. Brady has so many options, it's no surprise Lloyd didn't get many touches. He's very fast and is a good player.

Lloyd has solid hands, runs great routes, and would be a perfect compliment to our receiving corps. He wouldn't be too expensive, but the issue with him is his attitude. I read somewhere, (can't remember where0, that he has personality issues, and that's one of the reasons he doesn't stick long with any team. He produced well in Denver, was the Rams #1, and then NE..IF NE says he has issues however, I'd take a pass on him, unless he can get his head on straight.

I think the Feisty one Pagano would make him feel at home...or set him straight  :spit: ....Did he have any issues last year with BB and the boys?  I did not hear of any myself....but I try not to follow the arch enemy of Colts Nation!!! :)

PASS! Build from within and through the draft!

Southwest, is that you hiding in that avatar brother.....? haha  :lol:  :spit:  lmao  rotflmao And here I though Incognito played for the Dolphins! very-funny.gif

I see you ditched the Colts hat for.......what???  I am going to change mine so you won't know me too SW......

hairy.gif

Southwest, is that you hiding in that avatar brother.....? haha  :lol:  :spit:  lmao  :lol: And here I though Incognito played for the Dolphins! very-funny.gif

I see you ditched the Colts hat for.......what???  I am going to change mine so you won't know me too SW......

hairy.gif

Uh Brent...I don't think that's SW lol.

No, you're right, it's a solid year. I'm saying he wasn't anything special there. No game changer, ala Moss. He was just another WR in that offense, his numbers were what you'd expect from any decent WR with the Pats.

But he wasn't feared, no one game planned to stop him. IMO, we have guys on the roster now as good as him. Just not as experienced.

Here's the story on his release from the Pats. I don't know why some fans want him. We don't need a headcase.

Patriots released WR Brandon Lloyd.
The move had been rumored for weeks. 31-year-old Lloyd didn't have a bad statistical season in his lone year with the Patriots (74/911/4), but his reportedly "erratic behavior" led some in the organization to believe he may be bipolar. Worse, Lloyd didn't stretch the field in New England and has never created yards after the catch. Lloyd, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Julian Edelman are now at the top of a stripped-down free-agent receiver market. Mar 16 - 3:22 PM

No, you're right, it's a solid year. I'm saying he wasn't anything special there. No game changer, ala Moss. He was just another WR in that offense, his numbers were what you'd expect from any decent WR with the Pats.

But he wasn't feared, no one game planned to stop him. IMO, we have guys on the roster now as good as him. Just not as experienced.

I know I have stated here I just as soon would NOT sign Lloyd, but in the WCO I feel a good 'hands' receiver is important.

I see some here say he is a route runner...a more traditional WR, but we also moan and grown when the Garcons and Averys of the world get a case of the 'droppsies.'  

I think TY is a game changer....I think one or both TEs will become game changers....not to mention our back (s) I want someone who is reliable like number 87.  Maybe I am over thinking this for a change....easier for me to line up and hit you with OL stuff.  :)

Here's the story on his release from the Pats. I don't know why some fans want him. We don't need a headcase.

Bi-Polar is treatable......as we know....they don't call me Brent-Polar for nothing......

We have our answer on behavior.  Thank you Balzer!!

Ugh... I think Grigs is just making a bunch of rumors so the fans don't get ticked. Sign someone or don't, we don't need to look at everyone available.

I agree. To me, it's a little bit frustrating that we showed practically 0 interest in any of the desirable WR candidates at the beginning of FA, but are now pretending like we are looking at every scrap left for the sole purpose of acting like we need a WR and leaving no stone unturned. At this point, if it's not DHB just stop looking. We don't need any of these bottom of the barrel wide outs. Draft a prospect and move on.

Well one things for sure the reason why he was with the Broncos and Patriots was because Josh Mcdaniels the O coordinator for both teams in back to back years was in love with him.  I think he will make a great addiion untill Brazil and company develop.