Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Reitz signs Tender

Andy

Good to have him back. I like him as a backup, and I like how he can play both tackle and guard.

Good player to have as a backup. Don't even mind having him start for a couple of games if needed.

What was the tender put on him?

He wasn't RFA, he was an exclusive rights free agent

Here is the kffl info, quote

"The Indianapolis Colts resigned exclusive rights free-agent DL Martin Tevaseu and OL Joe Reitz. Tevaseu signed a one-year, $555,000 deal, and Reitz signed a one-year, $620,000 deal."

So now only Linkenbach remains to sign his tender. He was an RFA like Cassius Vaughn who already signed his tender.

One more thing, Josh Gordy was also exclusive rights FA but he hasn't signed yet.

I did not say you were phony. Regardless, it is appropriate to provide attribution when creating a thread that has new/breaking information in it.

For two reasons:

A. So your fellow users can comment on sourced information.

B. So your fellow users do not have to go looking for the information.

Noted, and will not forget next time.

Sometimes I try to get this on quickly and forget to post the link. 

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mike-mcglynn?id=286

Apparently Im not the only one, he was also said to be better at Center to, They mention he could be a good pulling guard, which I believe he is, but one on one in a Man Blocking scheme drive blocking at Guard he is not good

How long ago was that? I doubt anybody there would claim McGlynn could play tackle now

Glad Joe is back.  I know people are saying we need more guard help but honestly with Reitz back we now have Reitz, Thomas, Anderson, and McGlynn on the roster.  We also have the options of going moving Ijalana or Link to guard as well.  I think the Colts will expect to find two starters in that group.

Frankly Reitz has been pretty good when healthy his issue has just been staying healthy.  I also think Colts fans were a lot harder on McGlynn last year than he was awful.  I am not saying he was a great player or anything but I think if he's your fifth best player on your line that's okay.  Our problem was last year in several games he was our second or third best lineman.  As the season went along last year the better McGlynn seemed to get to me. 

I am assuming Thomas will be one starter and we haven't even seen Anderson yet to know anything about him as a NFL player.

Frankly as little as we have seen of Ijalana and his two knee injuries it's hard to gage him as anything and we could always move Link who seemed to start to come on last year but I would expect Ijalana and Link to likely be the back up tackles.  We could also draft or have one of the "extra" guys on the roster prove he should have a spot.  So I don't know if I would look for the Colts to add a guard in free agency again unless a guy comes free that they view is just they must have but I am betting our other starting guard at least for this season comes from someone already on the roster to go with Thomas.  I would guess right now Reitz is probably the leader for the other starting spot but I expect a full camp battle to see if anyone can take it from him. 

Most would probably say McGlynn shouldn't even be playing football now, but apparently he has a 'mean streak'...

Well....  "most" would be full it, now wouldn't they....

You do know that every lineman we had last year was,  according to many here,  the worst lineman in the NFL, and shouldn't in the NFL,  and should be dumped by the team immediately and on and on and on....

And yet......   our lineman are either back with the Colts (as back-ups)  or Olson (who may have gotten the most critical comments here)  was signed by Minnesota....   and Justice will no doubt land with someone at some point...

In other words....  Grigson, who played lineman -- surprise, surprise -- is a better judge of line talent than fans...

Who'da thunk it?!?

p.s. -- I'm not trying to give you a hard time Peytonator...   I'm commenting on fans in general...  not you specifically....