Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets: Decoded

Leaf

Time to delve deep into this mystery and do some detective work.

With the definite clues that Irsay has given us, we know the deal is for a WR, said WR is NOT Victor Cruz, and the deal has been going on for 5 days. Let's take a look at some of the more abstract clues we may be able to gather from Irsay's tweets. The following conclusion take place in a vacuum, relying only on quotes directly from Irsay's Twitter page to come up with a (likely incorrect) candidate.

Here's an inside look as to why Jim Irsay is referring to.... Miles Austin.

"...we want to win so bad our toes ache..." - This could be a reference to former Cowboys WR Roy Williams. Williams suffered a foot injury early in his career and Miles Austin was eventually the one to replace him.

"the car almost ended up in the ditch" - This was the quote that ultimately led me to decide on the Cowboys. The car wreck portrayed could be a reference to the car crash that killed Jerry Brown, a former player for both the Colts and the Cowboys, making the important team connection.

"4 minutes ago we started running the no-huddle" - last year during a game with the Atlanta Falcons, the Cowboys nearly came back for a victory largely in part due to the no-huddle offense. It would have been a victory had it not been for defensive slip-ups, mainly by Orlando Scandrick. The best receiver in that game? Miles Austin. 7 catches 76 yards.

"...moving the arrow again but its nip n tuck" - This could be a possible reference to the FX drama, Nip/Tuck. It took some digging, but I found that Anne Heche, who shares a first name with Austin's mother, was featured in 3 episodes of the series in 2005, Austin's final year of college football.

"Everyone stand by, pour strong drink..." - By "pour strong drink", Irsay could have been referring to liquor. Perhaps from Austin Liquors, in Skokie Illinois. 3 miles from Irsay's place of birth, Lincolnwood.

"he has The Ringer... the whites..." - A ringer is the main way to score a point in a game of horseshoes, the Colts' logo."the whites" could be referring to the white home jerseys worn by the Dallas Cowboys, unique to the league.

"We ride the roller coaster..." - Six Flags, theme parks famous for their roller coasters are located all across the country. The original Six Flags park? Six Flags Over Texas. 1 1/2 miles away from Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

There you have it. All the evidence you'll ever need. You can really make quotes hint at anything you want. Just threw this together while I was bored waiting for the real news to come out. Enjoy :P

post-5523-0-56624500-1363581439_thumb.jp

how long did it take u to come up with this?

Like the past hour, the main thread was slowing down so I got bored. I should be in bed, but who can sleep with the rumors flying. To set things straight: I seriously hope it isn't Miles Austin

@JimIrsay: I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

Big Lebowski's,ringer full of undies /Walter White in tightie whities....

My guess is Roddy White

Does Irsay honestly put that much thought into his tweets before releasing them to the public or are we officially going crazy?

*shrugs*

There is no way he puts as much "coding" into it as people like to try to decode.  I suppose it's fun to play around with though.

I think he amuses himself sending out the tweets then watching the forum react

I agree.  I think the man sees himself as some sort of a cross between The Mad Hatter and Willy Wonka.   :D

@JimIrsay: I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

Big Lebowski's,ringer full of undies /Walter White in tightie whities....

My guess is Roddy White

Betty White still runs a mean route... :lol:

betty-white.jpg

Just like the Energizer Bunny!!!  :)

BTW, I liked reading your decode Leaf!  Remind me never to play Clue with you.....great imagination!!!!  Fun stuff.

With the definite clues that Irsay has given us, we know the deal is for a WR, said WR is NOT Victor Cruz, and the deal has been going on for 5 days. Let's take a look at some of the more abstract clues we may be able to gather from Irsay's tweets. The following conclusion take place in a vacuum, relying only on quotes directly from Irsay's Twitter page to come up with a (likely incorrect) candidate.

"...we want to win so bad our toes ache..." - This could be a reference to former Cowboys WR Roy Williams. Williams suffered a foot injury early in his career and Miles Austin was eventually the one to replace him.

"the car almost ended up in the ditch" - This was the quote that ultimately led me to decide on the Cowboys. The car wreck portrayed could be a reference to the car crash that killed Jerry Brown, a former player for both the Colts and the Cowboys, making the important team connection.

"4 minutes ago we started running the no-huddle" - last year during a game with the Atlanta Falcons, the Cowboys nearly came back for a victory largely in part due to the no-huddle offense. It would have been a victory had it not been for defensive slip-ups, mainly by Orlando Scandrick. The best receiver in that game? Miles Austin. 7 catches 76 yards.

"...moving the arrow again but its nip n tuck" - This could be a possible reference to the FX drama, Nip/Tuck. It took some digging, but I found that Anne Heche, who shares a first name with Austin's mother, was featured in 3 episodes of the series in 2005, Austin's final year of college football.

"Everyone stand by, pour strong drink..." - By "pour strong drink", Irsay could have been referring to liquor. Perhaps from Austin Liquors, in Skokie Illinois. 3 miles from Irsay's place of birth, Lincolnwood.

"he has The Ringer... the whites..." - A ringer is the main way to score a point in a game of horseshoes, the Colts' logo."the whites" could be referring to the white home jerseys worn by the Dallas Cowboys, unique to the league.

"We ride the roller coaster..." - Six Flags, theme parks famous for their roller coasters are located all across the country. The original Six Flags park? Six Flags Over Texas. 1 1/2 miles away from Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

There you have it. All the evidence you'll ever need. You can really make quotes hint at anything you want. Just threw this together while I was bored waiting for the real news to come out. Enjoy :P

I would honestly believe this because, the talk is Jerry Jones is trying to figure a way to free up cap space due to them and the redskins with their cap penalties which left the cowboys with only like $ 600,000  to spend and that is including the guys they have to sign from the draft. i would prefer Bryant but i dont see it happening. so Austin is more likely which is fine, he is a good receiver.

Can you tell me who was the 2nd man on the grassy noel in Dallas in 63 too? Forget the JFK Warren Commission. Tap into those detective skills once more Private Investigator Leaf. Thanks man!  :thmup:

I think he amuses himself sending out the tweets then watching the forum react

Does Irsay honestly put that much thought into his tweets before releasing them to the public or are we officially going crazy?

*shrugs*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Jimi_Hendrix_1967_uncropped.jpg    he also mentions voodoo.Irsay is a big guitar collector and classic rock guy,voodoo could be voodoo child,we are getting jimi hendrix ghost

Robert, you might be onto something there. Watching rats scurry in a maze can be very entertaining to watch AKA NFL media especially when you make the rats turn the ferris wheel on command. I admire eccentric rockers & musicians actually who always keep a person on your toes. Jules, maybe that's how a person can test their mental faculties. If a tweet created by Jim makes perfect sense get psychological help immediately.  haha Just Kidding Jim!!!

I salute you Sir..........

......But you have far too much time to read into and research these things.