Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Compensation For Maclin

dw49

I'm 100% certain this is the guy. Last year of contract , Grigson connection and no complicated cap situation. No other WR of consequence comes remotely close to Maclin.

My guess would be this years 3rd and next years 2nd. If we give up pick 1.24 , I will be sick. 

So please enter your guess for what we give up . Maybe Brazile would be part of the deal ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at his stats, I'm not very excited.  If we do go after him, it had better not be for more than a couple mid round picks.

Ehm, he has similar stats to Hakeem Nicks, but Nicks has played with a much better quarterback. Quarterback, not quarterbacks. Jeremy Maclin will be a 1100+, 8-12 TD guy on this team.

I'm 100% certain this is the guy. Last year of contract , Grigson connection and no complicated cap situation. No other WR of consequence comes remotely close to Maclin.

My guess would be this years 3rd and next years 2nd. If we give up pick 1.24 , I will be sick. 

So please enter your guess for what we give up . Maybe Brazile would be part of the deal ?

100% certain, eh? Then you must be from the future. Hello, future man!

Just looking at his stats, I'm not very excited.  If we do go after him, it had better not be for more than a couple mid round picks.

I think it will take more than a couple mid rounders. Stats are really not too bad considering he played with an inconsistant QB. But I agree with you that we shouldn't break the bank for him.

Round 1, pick #19 Jeremy Maclin: Receptions 258 Receiving yards 3,453 Receiving average 13.4 Receiving TDs 26

compared to other WRs in that draft

Round 1, pick #7 Darius Heyward-Bey: Receptions 140 Receiving yards 2,071 Receiving average 14.8 Receiving TDs 11

Round 1, pick #10 Michael Crabtree: Receptions 260 Receiving yards 3,345 Average 12.9 Receiving TDs 21

Round 1, pick #22 Percy Harvin: Receptions 280 Receiving Yards 3,302 Rushing Yards 683 Rushing Average 6.4 Kick Return Yards 3,183 Total Touchdowns 31

Round 1, pick #29 Hakeem Nicks: Receptions 255 Receiving Yards 3,726 Receiving Average 14.6 Receiving TDs 27

... and you still wouldn't trade for him?

He's nothing special. Drops a ton of passes, fumbles as well. But Philly has been lacking a line and a franchise QB. Maybe Maclin and Luck would be a nice combo?

Nothing special? I guess Hakeem Nicks is nothing special too then, since they have roughly the same stats. Nicks has played with a two time SB winning QB though. 

Maclin is a very solid receiver. That being said, I think you are in trouble if he is your number 1 receiver. Great guy to have in the number 2 slot. Based on recent history, Grigs and Irsay would probably pay him WR1 money.

He's the number 1 in Philly and almost had 1,000 yards with Vick/Foles.

Dan Graham ‏@coltsinsider

#Colts will have to make a cut to get under the cap again before signing any draft picks if this happens.

Did we forget about this? Maclin wouldn't require more cap space. Unless our original target was Cruz but it didn't work out and now we are going after Maclin.