Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would people be mad at Jim if this deal falls through?

Not only is he trying, he allowed us all to dream for awhile lol.

To quote the line:

"It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

Though I suppose if it does fall through it will make the Cruz/Baldwin/Walter etc etc detractors happy plus those, myself included, who fret about giving away even more of this draft.

On the bright side it's the best WR receiver thread of the offseason...

I think someone should tweet Jim Irsay, and post a link to this thread....then watch his reaction.... :D

One thing I take from all this is I really do think Jim cares about his fans and really does want us to feel like were a real part of his team by allowing us insight through his tweets.... As strange as they are.

Jim wakes up this morning

Jim-"Oh man I got so drunk last night. I had all these crazy dreams I tweeted about the Colts getting a WR in FA. Man I'm so glad that was all in my head. Because there is no WR hahahaha"

*Checks twitter*

Jim-"We need a WR NOW!!!"

*Calls Cooper Manning*

Jim-"Hey buddy, it's time.........."

And he's a whopper (6'4", 225 lbs).  And the Saints are cap-strapped and might be looking to unload.

Model of consistency for sure. Last 4 years all between 1023 and 1154 yards and  7,8,9,10 tds. Just restructured his contract turning around 2.9 mill salary into a signing bonus. Just wonderring if all that guaranteed money still on the books would make it fesable for the sanits to trade him ?

-sigh- tight with money and financially stupid are opposities.

It would be financially stupid to trade away your only playmaker (the guy everyone pays to see) when you've got a disappointed fan base. If you wanna talk the Bidwells fine....but their overarching goal is donkeys in the seats (paying customers). You trade away the best WR in Cardinals history and you'll really turn away a fanbase that is already lukewarm.

There, I thought it out for you.

The Arizona Cardinals are NOT trading away Larry Fitzgerald.

Maybe not BC, but they need help in a lot of places. Fitz can't pitch and catch and they have a lots of bucks tied up in him. There are a few things that make me wonder about him though. He has expressed a desire to play with a better QB. If this did take 5 days then it must be a complicated deal which could mean us trying to come up with a trade that would free up cap which would mean working with the players agent to come up with an acceptable  contract. In one of Irrsay's Tweets he mentioned 'Walter' which someone associated Fitz to the Walter Camp award. He mentioned Whites and undies and if I recall Fitz did an undies  commercial.

Just saying I wouldn't write him off completely.