Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent all night reading all the posts.  Some great attempts to decode Irsay.  The only way to decode the most recent Tweet is that it was a Larry Fitzgerald trade which "sunk" to the tune of the Edmund Fitzgerald.  I have to say his tweets have been entertaining, and I am hopeful that this last one was simply another playful attempt to eliminate Larry from the discussion.  At the very least I am convinced that has happened.  Whether that was to get folks back onto Cruz remains to be seen, but it sure was a downer tweet to be sure.  

A young receiver like Cruz makes more sense than the God-Like talent of the again Larry F.  We want someone to be Luck's Reggie Wayne (with Reggie playing the Marvin role, I sure hope he has 3 more quality years in him though didn't he only sign for 2 years in the first place?).  I think it make sense to sign a couple of the younger FA's that have the most talent left on the available list and then go after a Pass Rusher or Receiver in the first round and third round.  We won't break the bank and Grigson is good enough to find us both I believe.  And if needed, one or two FA's could hold us over a year or two more while we look for a new Reggie to go with our new Marvin (TY if he keeps developing and stops being the second worst pass dropper in the league).  

Something to keep in mind is that our new OC believes in pounding the run and throwing short passes meaning Cruz as a slot could have worked well, but TY can likely do that and Allen is a brilliant talent with great hands and skills for a short passing game.  Larry is Box Office, but for all his dominance, he's not a dink and dunk kind of receiver and his talents would be wasted in that offense I believe.  By the time Luck is in his PRIME, Larry will be ending his career.  Cruz would fit.  Reggie and a couple short term veteran WRs can be our cover until we find the rest of our receiving corps in the draft.  

Nice to find you all, looking forward to a lot of fun chats here going forward! -Brian

I spent all night reading all the posts.  Some great attempts to decode Irsay.  The only way to decode the most recent Tweet is that it was a Larry Fitzgerald trade which "sunk" to the tune of the Edmund Fitzgerald. 

fake

I spent all night reading all the posts.  Some great attempts to decode Irsay.  The only way to decode the most recent Tweet is that it was a Larry Fitzgerald trade which "sunk" to the tune of the Edmund Fitzgerald.  I have to say his tweets have been entertaining, and I am hopeful that this last one was simply another playful attempt to eliminate Larry from the discussion.

Don't take anything from that last tweet. It was a fake.

Everyone stand buy,pour strong drink...do ur voodoo,Colts need the strength of it's nation to get this wopper in the boat! DO U UNDERSTAND!?

Pour Strong Drink?

Voodoo?

What does this mean?

Some say Strong drink = burbon st. + voodoo = New orlines, also he said something about ins and outs, some think Maquise Colston look above someone deciphered very well

Everyone stand buy,pour strong drink...do ur voodoo,Colts need the strength of it's nation to get this wopper in the boat! DO U UNDERSTAND!?Pour Strong Drink?Voodoo?What does this mean?

Simple, it means I need a strong drink to put up with this.

Jim Irsay‏@JimIrsay

I'm looking for Walter,he has The Ringer...the whites...the undies...lotta ins and outs to this thing...THIS IS A LEAGUE GAME,SMOKEY!!!!

He has the ringer = Super Bowl ring?

Cruz just got one! Fitz and Baldwin don't have one.

Here's why I think it's Cruz: Irsay mentioned we've been working on it for 5 days.

Cruz changed agents, and therefore was subject to a 5 day waiting period before any contract negotiations can take place. 

Coincidence? We'll see. But I think dropping the exact phrasing of 5 days instead of a more vague term was a hint.

He's also a name worthy of the hype.

Everyone stand buy,pour strong drink...do ur voodoo,Colts need the strength of it's nation to get this wopper in the boat! DO U UNDERSTAND!?

Pour Strong Drink?

Voodoo?

What does this mean?

Maybe, he is talking about a strong drink that is severed in N.O., a hurricane.  Therefore, it is a big wr that went to the U.  

Or not.