Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

thoughts on this trade

danlhart87

Chiefs get Jets 2013 1&2 2014 1 2015 1

Jets get Chiefs 2013 1

Jets take Geno Smith

Chiefs take Chance Warmack

I hate the NY Jets so I actually hope that happens....but even considering the Jets history of draft day stupidity, that's a real stretch. Geno Smith is simply not worth the 1st overall pick.....and I would argue, ANY 1st round pick. And with 8M guaranteed to Eeyore Sanchez the Jets won't spend #1 overall money on a QB....I think.

IMO...any of these crummy offensive teams like the Jets, Jags, Raiders, Bills or Cardinals that might be looking for a QB should trade their 2nd round pick to Philly for Nick Foles. Foles is in the 2nd year of a 4-year / $2.7M contract so he's almost risk-free with a 2nd rounder and next to nothing against the salary cap.

The Eagles spent a 3rd rounder on Foles last year and he has the polar opposite skill set of what new HC Chip Kelly's offense requires of its QB. They retained Michael Vick and signed Kelly's former Oregon QB Dennis Dixon.

Regardless of their pre-draft lies...the Eagles would probably be happy to net a 2nd rounder....and the strong-armed Foles is better than any of this year's QB crop.

My thoughts are that there isn't a team desperate enough to even consider giving up 3 1st rders. and a 2nd rder. for Geno Smith....and seeing how this is such a QB driven league, that says something about how bad this QB class is. IMO Geno Smith isn't even a 1st rd. QB to begin with, he's just arguably the best of this crappy class. IMO, I would take Barkley over Smith and I don't like Barkley either.

The #1 pick is very valuable due to the ability to have first dibs. No the class isn't as good but you can't ignore that fact. If anything take the 1 off in 2015.

No player in this draft is worth more than one 1st and a 2nd.

Most people, I'd bet most teams think Geno Smith is not worth the 9th pick that the Jets currently have.

Yet, you want them to give up three #1's and a number 2 to make sure they can get them?

The Chiefs would say 'YES!!!' to that so fast your head would spin.

And the Jets would be wondering why everyone is laughing at them

There is less than a zero percent chance of this happening.    Really.

That is more than the redskins gave up for RG3 who is 10x the qb that Smith is. Honestly...I think Smith is there at 9 or 10 when the jets pick....and they still won't take him. Sanchez is mediocre at best...but he is still better than Geno Smith. Smith is highly overrated....highly.

If Clowney was coming out...perhaps we see a couple first rounders to trade up....but not this year.