Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok... Which Games Are Realisitically Winnable?

Blue Horseshoe

If we can't beat the Bengals... :facepalm:

Panthers look good so far even they're losing. Not so sure about that one.

The Chiefs look absolutely terrible. We could beat them.

Both of the Jaguars and Titans games are winnable...but other than that...

As I see it the Bengals is a maybe, The Panthers is a tossup, and the Chiefs look beatable but not by much

Which others look good right now?

In addition to what you listed perhaps the Jacksonville games. Other than that though, I'd say that's about it in terms of the games that look potentially winnable.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Stack up great against them

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Star Rb is gone and lost by 45 today

6. Cincinatti -- Beat em in the preseason and they're generally bad.

10. Jaguars -- No QB, plus they lost by 30 to the Jets today

12. Panthers -- Stack up well against them, but Newton is looking good

Peyton should be back around late November, early December

Right now the Chiefs are the only team that looks worse than the Colts and that'll be a toss up. Of course, we'll have the hopelessly delusional fans here that will say "its only 2 games, we can still make the playoffs". People just need to come to terms with this team is awful. We have individual good players but they suck as a team. No amount of silly breakdowns and positives from the game is gonna change that.

I don't think this team could beat the Titans right now. Sad...I know.

Right now the Chiefs are the only team that looks worse than the Colts and that'll be a toss up. Of course, we'll have the hopelessly delusional fans here that will say "its only 2 games, we can still make the playoffs". People just need to come to terms with this team is awful. We have individual good players but they suck as a team. No amount of silly breakdowns and positives from the game is gonna change that.

Exactly, homerish optimism is annoying when the harsh reality is smacking you dead in the face every week. Embrace the suckage and it becomes easier to deal with. lol Luck or bust for us.

Exactly, homerish optimism is annoying when the harsh reality is smacking you dead in the face every week. Embrace the suckage and it becomes easier to deal with. lol Luck or bust for us.

Thats the way I feel. I will watch every game regardless of how bad they do. I don't need the homerist telling me to see the positives because it don't matter. I have already came to terms this is a throw away yr. and im fine with it. Watched them 27 yrs. ago when this was an every game/every yr. thing. Didn't drop them then won't do it now. I love this team no matter how much they suck, but it makes it so much easier to deal with when you resign yourself to reality instead of trying to persuade people to believe in fantasy.

Dont count on the Chiefs as a win. They played a good team today, we didnt.

People would have called it "homerish optimism" if I'd said we were gonna go to the SB in '09. They would have said our Run D sucks, our running game sucks. "Embrace the Suckage" Just because some of us have a little optimism left in us doesn't mean we're stupid. It just means we've seen unbelievable things out of our team before and hope to see it again.

I'm not saying we're gonna make the playoffs but I think its annoying to listen to all the people who say we're gonna have the 1st draft pick after two games. To quote monty python, "it got better"! lol

People would have called it "homerish optimism" if I'd said we were gonna go to the SB in '09. They would have said our Run D sucks, our running game sucks. "Embrace the Suckage" Just because some of us have a little optimism left in us doesn't mean we're stupid. It just means we've seen unbelievable things out of our team before and hope to see it again.

I'm not saying we're gonna make the playoffs but I think its annoying to listen to all the people who say we're gonna have the 1st draft pick after two games. To quote monty python, "it got better"! lol

Keep hope alive. I believe things will eventually get better for us too...just not this year unfortunately. Can't be on top every year. Gotta just keep rolling with the ebbs and flows of life in the NFL. Sucking this year won't be the worst thing that could happen to this franchise. It just could provide the high draft picks to launch one last Super Bowl push when/if Peyton returns healthy.

Cedric Benson and Jamaal Charles could run all over our defense for the Bengals and Chiefs. Don't go and say "Oh well this is an easy win for us" like so many of you did before this game. We saw how it turned out, and it's a realistic possibility for every game this year.

Looks like Jamaal is out for the year with a torn ACL. Sucks for my fantasy team.

As I see it the Bengals is a maybe, The Panthers is a tossup, and the Chiefs look beatable but not by much

Which others look good right now?

Blue Man...

I'm worried because I thought Cleveland was one of those games..

Kansas City, Cincinatti...Jacksonsville, Tennesse and Carolina

...I'm holding out hope now that we could be 5-6 going to New England....and maybe Peyton Manning plays by that time.

.....But the assummption with all this is that Houston has a 10-6 season...we beat them the 2nd time and win our other Division games..

to take the division in a tie breaker...

Losing to Cleveland makes that very hard to accomplish...wiuthout a win at lets say..Tampa Bay..

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Stack up great against them

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Star Rb is gone and lost by 45 today

6. Cincinatti -- Beat em in the preseason and they're generally bad.

10. Jaguars -- No QB, plus they lost by 30 to the Jets today

12. Panthers -- Stack up well against them, but Newton is looking good

Peyton should be back around late November, early December

If peyton comes back that late he should just stay out and heal,

People need to relax. We can still go to the playoffs. We can beat CIN, CAR, KC, JAC, and TEN. Will we beat them? Idk. If Peyton comes back for the Patriot game and we have won all of those 5 we have a chance to go to the playoffs. We're really bad right now, but there are other teams that are just as worse. However, i'd say the only team definitely worse than us right now is KC. We're in a must win situation with those five games i mentioned before. Playoffs are still a reality, but that reality is growing dimmer and dimmer.

People need to relax. We can still go to the playoffs. We can beat CIN, CAR, KC, JAC, and TEN. Will we beat them? Idk. If Peyton comes back for the Patriot game and we have won all of those 5 we have a chance to go to the playoffs. We're really bad right now, but there are other teams that are just as worse. However, i'd say the only team definitely worse than us right now is KC. We're in a must win situation with those five games i mentioned before. Playoffs are still a reality, but that reality is growing dimmer and dimmer.

"PLAYOFFS?...PLAYOFFS?! Are you kidding me? I just hope we can win a game."