Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A little late pre combine mock

1. Jonathan banks- normally I would put ziggy in this spot but I don't think he will be available, but banks is a good man corner, who could become a shut down corner with his physicality

3.barrett jones- once considered a first round prospect, now projected in the3rd round, can play any position

4. Chris Faulk- the talented tackle was injured but was considered a first round prospect

FA

Dwayne Bowe

Paul Kruger

Ed reed

Resign

Butler

Mcafee

Moala

Linkenbach

Justice

Fokou

Banks is actually more of a zone guy, that said I would be fine with him
or Rhodes.  Colts will probably not sign a big name receiver, so Bowe is
most likely not happening, and they will more then likely go after
O lineman in free agency. Ed Reed is going to cost to much, you can

expect a safety to be a mid round pick.

Banks is actually more of a zone guy, that said I would be fine with him

or Rhodes.  Colts will probably not sign a big name receiver, so Bowe is

most likely not happening, and they will more then likely go after

O lineman in free agency. Ed Reed is going to cost to much, you can

expect a safety to be a mid round pick.

Sounds pretty much spot on to me. We all expect GM Grigson to go big on O-line in Free Agency and probably bring in a pass rusher, maybe even a d-back. But then again, we never know. Mabye he chooses carefully where to play his cards and chooses to go for these FA's to free up our draft for the deep amount of defensive talent.

1. Jonathan banks- normally I would put ziggy in this spot but I don't think he will be available, but banks is a good man corner, who could become a shut down corner with his physicality

3.barrett jones- once considered a first round prospect, now projected in the3rd round, can play any position

4. Chris Faulk- the talented tackle was injured but was considered a first round prospect

FA

Dwayne Bowe

Paul Kruger

Ed reed

Resign

Butler

Mcafee

Moala

Linkenbach

Justice

Fokou

Really?

No O-line help at all in FA?

No thanks.

When you think of Barrett Jones, you think of hard working, bright and able to play multiple positions, but you don't think "Man, what a beast".  He is not 1st round material unless something big happens at the combine.

Not now....but he WAS......his name was bantered around by all scouts as a round 1 before injury....you guys can correct me if I am wrong....(I agree that he is not now....and with your assessment of hard working...etc.)  :thmup:

Have two free agent linemen eating our cap< rookies

Grigson's says he is not a "name" guy so if he gets O lineman in free agency that doesn't mean they will be cap heavy, they would probably be young players with starting experience and have a lot of potential and he said he would prefer not to have rookie o lineman starting!

If no trade...based on Free Agency.

1.  Cooper or Fluker (G)  Why?  ~40+ Sacks, 14 QB Hurry Hits, running game, 

3.  Watson (RT) or Frederick (C/G) or Pugh (RT) Why? Running game future and/or Center.

4.  DJ Swearinger (FS) Why? Bethea next year $$$$ to high...luck will demand a bigger contract soon...

5.  Montori Hughes (DT) or Kenyon Barner (RB/KR) Why? DEF or another quick Slot Receiver/ Punt Returner

6.  Joe Kruger (DE) Why?  FA brother Paul... A family that tackles together...wins together.

7.  Brad Wing (P)  McAfee $$$$...Could save a couple million over the next 3 years. Big Leg.

FA: Vasquez (G), Jenkins (CB) Cason (CB), Paul Kruger (DE), Moore (SS), Kelley (WR), Killeen (OLB)

*5th or 6th Comp Pick for Garcon

Possible O 2013:

Castonzo(LT),Cooper(LG),Shipley ©,Vasquez (RG),Watson (RT)

or

Castonzo(LT), Shipley(LG),Frederick©,Vasquez(RG),Fluker(RT)

Have two free agent linemen eating our cap< rookies

I agree with Wig above as well as Blood on The Tracks.  Not only is Grigs saying this, but also we have a franchise quarterback (soon to be considered elite) that depends on some experience up front.

As a former OL himself, Grigs did what he could last year with limited resources to put a mish mash line together.  14 more years of Andrew Luck starts on March 12 with the FA period!

I am not going to say you are wrong because this is the best OL draft in years.  I feel we may get quality with one of the low picks.     To protect our Lucky 'investment,' FA has to happen.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!!

I neglected to mention cage 1984's good comments about the OL as well....nice job!

Edited by BrentMc11

Obviously. But, I'd say pretty much all GMs would agree with him. Skill players in the draft are always going to be more play ready than physical positions.

That is funny as about 9 O-linemen grade out as first rounders and by the end of the round, they will must likely be gone.  That is just a little more than 25% of GMs that will take Linemen.  Our GM is the only one on record that I know of that does not like Rookie O-linemen.

That is funny as about 9 O-linemen grade out as first rounders and by the end of the round, they will must likely be gone. That is just a little more than 25% of GMs that will take Linemen. Our GM is the only one on record that I know of that does not like Rookie O-linemen.

If you think there will be nine O-lineman taken in the first I have a bridge to sell you.

If you don't, then I have prime bottom land in Louisiana to sell you.  There is a possibility that an O-linemen could go 1st overall.

Obviously Joeckel has a great chance at going in the first. But there is zero chance that 9 OL are taken in the first. None. I'd love for you to list the nine that you think will.

That is funny as about 9 O-linemen grade out as first rounders and by the end of the round, they will must likely be gone.  That is just a little more than 25% of GMs that will take Linemen.  Our GM is the only one on record that I know of that does not like Rookie O-linemen.

For the record what Grigson said was that he would prefer to start rookie CB's over rookie O-lineman. I have said this many times too. It takes a couple of yrs. usually for many O-lineman to get in their groove and figure out the speed and the strength they are going against compared to college. This is why I keep saying that O-line will be the 1st priority in free agency and I don't believe we'll waste money on a high priced WR that many keep clamoring about. I think Grigson is going to be the polar opposite of Polian and he'll build up the trenches the way a football team should be built.

Obviously Joeckel has a great chance at going in the first. But there is zero chance that 9 OL are taken in the first. None. I'd love for you to list the nine that you think will.

Only could think of 8 off the top of my head.  They are Joeckel, Warmack, Fisher, Cooper, Johnson, Fluker, Warford, and Watson(depending on combine results).  That still is 25% of the GMs.

Grigson didn`t say he didn`t like Rookie O-Lineman. That is on the Record.

For the record what Grigson said was that he would prefer to start rookie CB's over rookie O-lineman. I have said this many times too. It takes a couple of yrs. usually for many O-lineman to get in their groove and figure out the speed and the strength they are going against compared to college. This is why I keep saying that O-line will be the 1st priority in free agency and I don't believe we'll waste money on a high priced WR that many keep clamoring about. I think Grigson is going to be the polar opposite of Polian and he'll build up the trenches the way a football team should be built.

The problem I have with that is simple, What if we dont get someone like Vasquez for example or even a Rinehart and we end up with somebody like a Zach Hurd.....Who? Rich Ohmberger......Who?......Maybe I am exaggerating a tad or not but you get my point 

Only could think of 8 off the top of my head. They are Joeckel, Warmack, Fisher, Cooper, Johnson, Fluker, Warford, and Watson(depending on combine results). That still is 25% of the GMs.

Only problem is neither Watson or Warford will go in the first. Fluker is a maybe as well.