Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A little late pre combine mock

Only could think of 8 off the top of my head.  They are Joeckel, Warmack, Fisher, Cooper, Johnson, Fluker, Warford, and Watson(depending on combine results).  That still is 25% of the GMs.

Now I know NFL.com grades are not the end all be all especially since the combine is not over but he has a 76.0 grade which is good for what is a late 2nd to early 3rd round grade, He has a big upside do to athletic ability but I wouldn't draft him in the 1st 

The problem I have with that is simple, What if we dont get someone like Vasquez for example or even a Rinehart and we end up with somebody like a Zach Hurd.....Who? Rich Ohmberger......Who?......Maybe I am exaggerating a tad or not but you get my point 

Yep there is always the chance we won't get who we go after and then you're kind of forced to go with rookie's since there is nothing better already on the roster.

For the record what Grigson said was that he would prefer to start rookie CB's over rookie O-lineman. I have said this many times too. It takes a couple of yrs. usually for many O-lineman to get in their groove and figure out the speed and the strength they are going against compared to college. This is why I keep saying that O-line will be the 1st priority in free agency and I don't believe we'll waste money on a high priced WR that many keep clamoring about. I think Grigson is going to be the polar opposite of Polian and he'll build up the trenches the way a football team should be built.

I agree about high priced WRs in FA and about getting O-line in FA as well, but if we don't draft O-line and let them compete, then this team will be in trouble.

I disagree about Linemen taking longer to develope than "skill" personnel.  IMO, it depends on the person not the position.

That's a terrible analogy. The top-tier O-lineman in free agency are way better than Linkenbach.

The problem is there really is so few available, especially that fit our power scheme, Louis Vasquez, Matt Slauson(I dont think he is top tier but he fits our scheme and he was part of the drama that has been the Jets) Matt Moore? Leonard Davis? Now there are more top tier guys at tackle but I think Grigson is going to aim to replace one or both Guard spots before Tackle considering Justice was not all that bad (slightly better then I expected but still not a sure starter going forward either)

I agree about high priced WRs in FA and about getting O-line in FA as well, but if we don't draft O-line and let them compete, then this team will be in trouble.

I disagree about Linemen taking longer to develope than "skill" personnel.  IMO, it depends on the person not the position.

Im not talking about taking longer than any skill position per say. Specifically CB's is what I was talking about because that was the question posed to Grigson. I do believe CB's can step right in and play usually as compared to an O-lineman. O-lineman have a lot of adjusting to do in the pro's. IMO it's one of the harder positions to transition from college to pro's and most people don't realize that. There is a much bigger strength difference than most realize. Plus they are typically going against the best of the best with d-line personal. In college, many times O-lineman are going against inferior talent,slower and weaker opponents than they face in the pro's. 

Grigson didn`t say he didn`t like Rookie O-Lineman. That is on the Record.

No, it was I would take a Rookie CB over a Rookie O-linemen becaue O-linemen take longer to develope.  I don't not believe that and worrys me that we could get O-linemen in FA that is like what we got now.

No, it was I would take a Rookie CB over a Rookie O-linemen becaue O-linemen take longer to develope.  I don't not believe that and worrys me that we could get O-linemen in FA that is like what we got now.

Then why make misleading statements?

Then why make misleading statements?

Why are they misleading, becaue I took Grigson at his word.  Because I believe that we will not draft an O-linemen.  Is it because of my interpetation of Grigson's words.

You and I know, you can not by a good team in FA.  You have to mix Draft and FA and that is all positions not just "skill" positions.

I am Sorry if my words have upset any one, but will stand by them till proven wrong. 

Isn't that why we call them 'mock drafts?'

Kiper and McShay are no better than a freaking weatherman......and they keep their day job... :)  (I felt a little Bill Tobin-esque saying that  :spit:  

Kiper and McShaw are really, really, really good, IMO.     They could easily be employed by NFL teams and make quite a good living at it.

They're right far more than they are wrong.

I feel the same way, but I have read three or 4 that put him to the 3rd.  

I feel he is too valuable in that he can play all across the line.......I love versatility!!!! :colts:  :colts:

If he does fall to the 3rd, I don't think he'll fall to the bottom of the 3rd which is where the Colts pick.    Hard to see him getting past the top 75 and the Colts pick in the 3rd is between 85-90.

Chris Landry is the best and NFL teams do employ him.      But he is on Fox radio...   not heard a lot.   But Landry is nails

Turn the ESPN dial and FOX has some good stuff ....    occasionally..  

Kiper and McShay do a pre draft pod cast that is really good... 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=3881101

They all have something to offer...    

Why are they misleading, becaue I took Grigson at his word.  Because I believe that we will not draft an O-linemen.  Is it because of my interpetation of Grigson's words.

You and I know, you can not by a good team in FA.  You have to mix Draft and FA and that is all positions not just "skill" positions.

I am Sorry if my words have upset any one, but will stand by them till proven wrong. 

I just don't think what he said = grigson doesn't like rookie offensive linemen

I just don't think what he said = grigson doesn't like rookie offensive linemen

i think whatever he says cant be taken at face value, why give your strategy out to the public for everyone to run with and for other teams to plan accordingly, I think its a given he has an idea what he wants to do but that doesn't mean he will be able to do that, things change, His first round pick may not be what his original idea was depending on who is available

Actually the question he was asked was "If you had to choose, would you rather start a 1st year CB or a 1st year OL"  He is answering a hypothetical on who he would prefer to START if FORCED to choose; not who he would prefer to draft ... His answer in no way indicates whether he would be more or less likely to draft. He is most likely looking longer term than just this upcoming season when he chooses who to get in FA or draft.  You are reading too much into a hypothetical question with no context.

Guy's i know we need o lineman and defense in the draft. But i think we take tavon austin in the first. He is small for a WR but the guy is a playmaker. He is faster than hilton ( im guessing he will run the 40 yrd dash tommorrow in the low 4.30's or maybe high 4.20's). He is also a percy harving type jack of all trades reicever. It's just a thought i know it may be a reach but the guy has some serious skill. This is only if we fill MOST of our needs in FA because i would consider him a luxery pick. What do ya'll think?

Guy's i know we need o lineman and defense in the draft. But i think we take tavon austin in the first. He is small for a WR but the guy is a playmaker. He is faster than hilton ( im guessing he will run the 40 yrd dash tommorrow in the low 4.30's or maybe high 4.20's). He is also a percy harving type jack of all trades reicever. It's just a thought i know it may be a reach but the guy has some serious skill. This is only if we fill MOST of our needs in FA because i would consider him a luxery pick. What do ya'll think?

I think that is a horrible idea. I like Austin though

When you think of Barrett Jones, you think of hard working, bright and able to play multiple positions, but you don't think "Man, what a beast".  He is not 1st round material unless something big happens at the combine.

When I think Barrett Jones, I think Mike Pollak when he was drafted (obviously didn't pan out).

When I think Barrett Jones, I think Mike Pollak when he was drafted (obviously didn't pan out).

Actually if Pro Football weekly is to believed he has only allowed 7 sacks in 59 career games(41 starts) which is very good and 10 career penalties 

Kiper and McShaw are really, really, really good, IMO.     They could easily be employed by NFL teams and make quite a good living at it.

They're right far more than they are wrong.

And the Weather Channel is better than Letterman was as a weather man too  :funny:

If we could spend our every waining (not raining :)) moment watching film, traveling to see games and analyzing talent....we would be good too NewColtsFan!!!!  We don't do so bad the way it is.  :)

These guys are good at their craft and I do enjoy them....but they are not right more than they are wrong on 'names.'  By the way there is a 50% chance of rain :)

Not really because link hasn't proven much. Besides he's a decent back up.

It IS valuable to play all across that line NewEra....that is why Link will be back again whether Colts fans like him or not.  He is the only O-lineman that was healthy enough to play every game....stamina and endurance play in as well.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Pre-POST Draft Mock.

FA: Vasquez G, Cason DB, Killeen OLB, Kelley WR,

Resign: A select few.

DRAFT:

1. TRADE TRADE TRADE

2a. Warford and/or Watson (O-Line)

2b  Bostic or Collins (OLB)

3. Swearinger (SS) 

4. Slay or Hawthorne (DB)

5a. Winters, Bailey (G)

5b. Ray Graham (RB) or Ontario McCalebb, Marquise Goodwin (KR/RB)

6. TRADE w/3rd... for #2

7. Wing (P)

It IS valuable to play all across that line NewEra....that is why Link will be back again whether Colts fans like him or not. He is the only O-lineman that was healthy enough to play every game....stamina and endurance play in as well.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

No I agree with you. Was quoting the guy above. Not sure why it didn't show full quote.

No I agree with you. Was quoting the guy above. Not sure why it didn't show full quote.

I know buddy!  I was with you on that...I quoted because I was out of likes...see my reached the limit 'paste.'

There is something to be said for those who can step in and play at several spots...:)

I know buddy! I was with you on that...I quoted because I was out of likes...see my reached the limit 'paste.'

There is something to be said for those who can step in and play at several spots...:)

Oh gotcha! Heh. No no I agree I think Link is a great back up. Just because he is so versatile. He may not be the beat in some spots be he isn't the weakest Link! Lol