Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Underdogs At Home Next Week To The Browns

PreManningColtsFan

Okay.....we've officially entered the twilight zone. The Colts are underdogs at home to a team that lost it's home opener to the Bengals. The Bengals were my preseason pick to have the dubious honor of drafting 1st this coming spring. We all know that sometimes love is blind, so to all the optimists who took our Colts and the points this past week, I say bet them again. In fact, make a little more money and bet the Colts on the money line, straight up. As out of sync this team is, the difference this week, as I see it is:

* We will be playing on our TURF, not the Houston GRASS

* This is the Browns offense, not the Texans. That said, our defense has the ability to make every offense look like it's filled with pro bowlers.....but still, it's the Browns

* Collins has one game in with the team and an entire week of practice. Comparatively speaking to his experience going into the Houston game, this is a lot

* Collins will have a quiet stadium to get his reads and calls in while running the offense

In the end, I just don't envision the Browns covering, let alone winning the game. I expect a much better, sharper effort all around by our squad. Should my hope / intuitions be wrong and this team comes out flat and gets bullied by the Browns at home, then I will stand corrected and we are without a doubt in for a long season and this team may actually just be what everyone in the nat'l media is saying.....one of thee, if not thee worst team in the NFL. Afterall, that is the reward for a team who gets the #1 pick in the nfl draft which is what several people in this forum continuously mention. I don't think we are near the worst team in the league, but a loss at home to the Browns sure would make a strong argument against that thought.

Why are we all so keen to ignore Josh Cribbs? We have trouble defending kicks of any time, he excels at returning them, and the new kickoff rule gives an almost decided advantage to the return team...

Only by a miracle of god, or just kicking it out every time will he not take something back Sunday. I'm not saying we lose, but virtually no one is focusing on the real threat for each team in this game...

My expectations for the Colts are very low. I'll still root for them but it takes a lot of frustration and pressure off.

What I'd like to see in the Browns game is some improvement on the O-line and have the defense make some tackles instead of having the RB bounce off three defenders before going down.

New O-Line should be:

LT-Castonzo (I would rather have Johnson here and put AC at RT until next season.

LG-Reitz

C-Saturday

RG-Olsen (if he pans out)

RT-Diem (ugh)

I see us winning this 13-10. Like the OP said, it's the Browns so they're offense is a little more predictable than the Texans. The Colts tend to do well against one dimensional run teams (ie '09 Jets). Hopefully, we can contain Peyton Hillis and Josh Cribbs. Other than that, Colt McCoy shouldn't be a problem. We can't be THIS low of a team without Peyton Manning....I hope.

Peyton doesnt make up our entire team, he is our Qb, Of course he is the master of our OFFENSE and gets us POINTS. Now we are without him for a few weeks so Defense has to step up, Special teams IMO have been our weakest point for a few years, and with cribbs bringing it back like someone said above its going to be tough.

If special teams and Dfence can step their game up from last week, collins gets the timing of receivers down then we should win. We are not horrible we just had a horrible game. It happens I am sure everyone one on here has experienced a horrrible game or something similar like the colts did last week. I think we will get more Turnovers this week and that should help. We need to just move the ball and last time I checked the browns D was nothing spectacular!

I have said it before and Ill say it again...Lets Rally behind our Colts, lets not run away with our tail between our legs. This is our team and I stand behind them till the end. Ill be attending this game and I am really excited to hopefully witness the first win of the 2011 :colts:

If the Colts are going to win a game in the next few weeks it's going to be this one. I am still upset I took Cleveland in my knockout poll next week, so I will be really upset if Cleveland wins. If the Colts lose, well this team could use a #1 pick to help rebuild.

Okay.....we've officially entered the twilight zone. The Colts are underdogs at home to a team that lost it's home opener to the Bengals. The Bengals were my preseason pick to have the dubious honor of drafting 1st this coming spring. We all know that sometimes love is blind, so to all the optimists who took our Colts and the points this past week, I say bet them again. In fact, make a little more money and bet the Colts on the money line, straight up. As out of sync this team is, the difference this week, as I see it is:

* This is the Browns offense, not the Texans. That said, our defense has the ability to make every offense look like it's filled with pro bowlers.....but still, it's the Browns

* Collins has one game in with the team and an entire week of practice. Comparatively speaking to his experience going into the Houston game, this is a lot

* Collins will have a quiet stadium to get his reads and calls in while running the offense

In the end, I just don't envision the Browns covering, let alone winning the game. I expect a much better, sharper effort all around by our squad. Should my hope / intuitions be wrong and this team comes out flat and gets bullied by the Browns at home, then I will stand corrected and we are without a doubt in for a long season and this team may actually just be what everyone in the nat'l media is saying.....one of thee, if not thee worst team in the NFL. Afterall, that is the reward for a team who gets the #1 pick in the nfl draft which is what several people in this forum continuously mention. I don't think we are near the worst team in the league, but a loss at home to the Browns sure would make a strong argument against that thought.

Well the Browns have an "VERY GOOD" DL and OL. unless Indy can fix our own OL and DL.... They may be in trouble again.

That said, I think Indy will pull it together... and win.

In my opinion, our biggest problem is our offensive line. Remember the old saying "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link"? Isn't that ironic? "Link" Get it? lol

I wouldn't make any changes in OL this week. We need to let them gel and quit moving everybody around. The coaches need to realize that Collins is gonna need time to get comfortable with system and players. We need to concentrate on running and screens. More two TE sets like we did in Peyton's first couple of years. Dallas and Tamme. Blockers or receivers.

Then take the bet. Odds makers have their job.

Sorry, but until I see the coaches come out with a better gameplan my initial thought is that Hillis will light our defense up and Cribbs will probably do some damage too. I certainly hope that, unlike last week, the coaches and the players put at least a little bit of effort into this game because last week was a disaster.

I wish I could go to this game. I know the Colts will have this one in the bag. They, in a sense, were given a golden opportunity by losing Manning for a couple of weeks. Obviously there are some issues that need some resolving on this team that weren't going to get addressed while barely getting by winning. Now we have no choice but improve in the areas we were the weakest. We will improve, and when we get our quarterback back, we will dominate! :sun:

The Browns should just run the ball until someone in a blue shirt decides to tackle somebody once in a while. I have yet to see any reason to not give the points.

Because the Browns' defense is not as aggressive as it was under Rob Ryan, that makes a big difference for our O-line. Plus, playing at home, Collins at least will not worry about communicating audibles to the O-line (hopefully not if Indy fans retain their tickets :)) and he should be more comfortable doing so. Plus, Collie did not catch a single pass except for that missed TD pass. That is not going to happen a second game in a row and Clark will catch more too.

Special teams blunders (or lack of) will be the key. We cannot afford to miss any kicks and leave points on the field plus no TDs or huge consistent returns for Joshua Cribbs.

Peyton doesnt make up our entire team, he is our Qb, Of course he is the master of our OFFENSE and gets us POINTS. Now we are without him for a few weeks so Defense has to step up, Special teams IMO have been our weakest point for a few years, and with cribbs bringing it back like someone said above its going to be tough.

If special teams and Dfence can step their game up from last week, collins gets the timing of receivers down then we should win. We are not horrible we just had a horrible game. It happens I am sure everyone one on here has experienced a horrrible game or something similar like the colts did last week. I think we will get more Turnovers this week and that should help. We need to just move the ball and last time I checked the browns D was nothing spectacular!

I have said it before and Ill say it again...Lets Rally behind our Colts, lets not run away with our tail between our legs. This is our team and I stand behind them till the end. Ill be attending this game and I am really excited to hopefully witness the first win of the 2011 :colts:

Peyton is not the whole team, but without him the team sucks.

After the way they played in Houston, they fully deserve to be underdogs, don't you think? At least the Browns made a game of it against Cincy, what did we do? We rolled over and got trounced. I am hoping for better this week, but not optimistic at all. I hope the Colts prove me wrong.

Browns take it Sunday (my prediction)

Peyton is not the whole team, but without him the team sucks.

This is false. The media has perpetuated a lie and people buy into it without much consideration.

This team has all the talent, experience and drive to be successful. They just need to find their identity. After a few more weeks, the media, the same ones that are trouncing them right now, will be going on about how "surprising" the Colts have become.

It is not delusion that makes me say this. I, and many others, know better. The complexities of football go way beyond the sexy story of the day, way beyond what seems immediately apparent. Let us not pretend that Peyton Manning is required to win. 16 teams won in week 1 without Peyton Manning.

I am not going to pretend that this is a powerhouse team destined to win the SB. However they can, and will win. They will create their own opportunity at success, regardless of what the media or some of our ship jumping "fans" have to say about it. There is a distinct advantage garnered from building a team with high character guys. They don't quit, there is no schism in the locker room, no Ocho Cincos, no Haynesworths, no "bigger than the team" jerks to create a menacing presence.

This is false. The media has perpetuated a lie and people buy into it without much consideration.

This team has all the talent, experience and drive to be successful. They just need to find their identity. After a few more weeks, the media, the same ones that are trouncing them right now, will be going on about how "surprising" the Colts have become.

It is not delusion that makes me say this. I, and many others, know better. The complexities of football go way beyond the sexy story of the day, way beyond what seems immediately apparent. Let us not pretend that Peyton Manning is required to win. 16 teams won in week 1 without Peyton Manning.

I am not going to pretend that this is a powerhouse team destined to win the SB. However they can, and will win. They will create their own opportunity at success, regardless of what the media or some of our ship jumping "fans" have to say about it. There is a distinct advantage garnered from building a team with high character guys. They don't quit, there is no schism in the locker room, no Ocho Cincos, no Haynesworths, no "bigger than the team" jerks to create a menacing presence.

I hope this is true, but I've started to cringe when Reggie Wayne pipes up to the media, there are times where he is coming very close to the line, if not crossing it momentarily.

Why are we all so keen to ignore Josh Cribbs? We have trouble defending kicks of any time, he excels at returning them, and the new kickoff rule gives an almost decided advantage to the return team...

Only by a miracle of god, or just kicking it out every time will he not take something back Sunday. I'm not saying we lose, but virtually no one is focusing on the real threat for each team in this game...

Pat Mac can put every kickoff out of the back of the endzone, so I'm not worried about that. I am worried about punts though.

I love the Colts and they will always be my team. They are done for a long time. The front office does not have the ability to put a great team out on the field. They were lucky to get the GOAT qb that sold seats and even got a SB. They have never been sharp enough to put an all around team together. The D has stunk for all of Manninings carrer and everyone knows it. Dungy was a great guy but never motivated players to go beyond themselves and jump up a notch when they needed to. IMO, its back to the 80's and it will be a long time before we are a ligitamate contender. Even with Manning we are not in the running for a SB at this point. I know that I will be called all sorts of things for posting this but I DONT CARE. This team needs a whole new look and new personel all the way around. Front office and coachs should be the first ones to go.

I love the Colts and they will always be my team. They are done for a long time. The front office does not have the ability to put a great team out on the field. They were lucky to get the GOAT qb that sold seats and even got a SB. They have never been sharp enough to put an all around team together. The D has stunk for all of Manninings carrer and everyone knows it. Dungy was a great guy but never motivated players to go beyond themselves and jump up a notch when they needed to. IMO, its back to the 80's and it will be a long time before we are a ligitamate contender. Even with Manning we are not in the running for a SB at this point. I know that I will be called all sorts of things for posting this but I DONT CARE. This team needs a whole new look and new personel all the way around. Front office and coachs should be the first ones to go.

I agree with you! But, you do know that now you will be labeled as being "not a real fan"...lol...this board is a joke! lol

I can see why we're underdogs. I don't really care. Without Manning at the helm, we're underdogs no matter who we play.

Last week, nothing but confusion the entire game. O-line, defense, etc.

This week, I see a more respectable showing. Game could go either way. If the D can get off the field most of the time without allowing Cleveland to run the clock and the Oline can block, Collins will put points on the board.

IMO, Mr. Peyton Hillis will look like the 2d coming of Jones Drew. I will not be surprised if Hillis gets 200 yards rushing. Give Collins a couple more weeks and, IMO, our offense will start looking a lot better. I remember Collins being a very decent QB when he played for the Titans. He is not chopped liver, just needs a little time to learn the system and the WR's. :yes: