Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis On The Block/Where will he land? (merge)

dw49

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore" Darrelle Revis' trade market.

According to La Canfora, owner Woody Johnson has "strong reservations" about the team's ability to extend Revis beyond the final year of his contract next season, and wants to "attempt to land value for Revis now, rather than risk losing him" in free agency. It's a sign the Jets are dead serious about rebuilding and addressing their cap issues, but it would be strange timing to trade Revis, as he's coming off a torn ACL. Selling low on your best player isn't recommended in any sport. However, a clause in Revis' contract bars the Jets from using the franchise tag, so the danger of losing him next winter is real. Even coming off a major knee injury, interest in Revis should be robust if he's truly made available.
Source: CBSSports.com
Jan 23 - 7:39 PM

Makes a little sense considering how bad they suck and the horrible cap situation.

They said he is on the block now

Trading him would be an incredibly stupid move I think...he is the best player on that team...oh well, if they can get the right picks/players for him...then I guess they should shoot for it. The New York Jokes are at it again...

Trading him would be an incredibly stupid move I think...he is the best player on that team...oh well, if they can get the right picks/players for him...then I guess they should shoot for it. The New York Jokes are at it again...

Get ready for Revis v. Johnson twice a year for a while.....

I'm not sure they have much choice.. I can't believe Woody didn't fire Rex

Woody either has a tatoo of Rex on his belly or painted toe nails  & the coach has the pic's . :thmup:  

Next season will be Sexy Rexy's last with the Jets if they don't get a decent QB Sanchez is a bust .

I would like Revis as a  :blueshoe:  @ the right price , Pay based on performance , His hold outs & injuries are cause for concern but  could be taken into consideration in contract negotiations .   Revis  could be just what the Dr ordered  .

AFC West fits for Darrelle Revis ( age 27 )

He suffered a serious knee injury last season, but is expected to return healthy.

Revis would likely be expensive in both compensation and in the terms of a contract.

Let’s take a look at how he’d fit with each team in the division:

Denver: The Broncos have more than $18 million in cap room, the most in the division --

(( I NEVER KNEW THAT< THOUGHT EXHAUSTED< < BUT STILL EXPENSIVE TO RESIGN CLADY &   OTHERS SO TAKES AWAY FROM THAT TOO )))

and they could use Revis. Champ Bailey still has a couple of years left, but he will be 35 when next season starts and is coming off a rough game in the playoff loss to Baltimore. Denver has Chris Harris and Tony Carter, but adding a piece like Revis would be huge. He could be worth the Broncos' No. 28 pick in the draft.

Kansas City: The Chiefs don’t have a ton of pressing needs other than quarterback, so that's where they must look first. But adding Revis to Brandon Flowers and a strong defense would be pretty tempting. I could see the Chiefs giving up the No. 34 pick in the draft, for starters. Is their No. 1 overall pick worth dealing for Revis? Maybe in some type of package deal that gets the Chiefs a little more than Revis, sure.

Oakland: Cornerback is Oakland’s greatest need. Revis would fit great, but the Raiders are not in strong salary-cap shape and don’t have a lot to offer in a trade. Plus, they have a lot of other needs. Revis would be a terrific addition, but there are a lot of obstacles here.

San Diego: San Diego’s two starting cornerbacks, Quentin Jammer and Antoine Cason, are free agents. This is a need area -- but only one of many such trouble spots. Unless they get creative in both trade compensation and in a new contract for Revis, this might be a tad difficult to maneuver.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/54356/afc-west-fits-for-darrelle-revis&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

The Jets unless they back off considerably on the compensation that they are seeking according to rumors. 

They don't really want that (I mean they do, but they don't really expect it). They're just high-balling in hopes of getting better offers.

They don't really want that (I mean they do, but they don't really expect it). They're just high-balling in hopes of getting better offers.

Thats probably true to an extent, but anything even close to that is really over doing it IMO. I know there are some bad GM's around the league that are willing to take a chance on a guy that shredded his knee only a few short months back, but I wouldn't give up much of anything for a guy coming off that injury regardless of how good he was before the injury.

Thats probably true to an extent, but anything even close to that is really over doing it IMO. I know there are some bad GM's around the league that are willing to take a chance on a guy that shredded his knee only a few short months back, but I wouldn't give up much of anything for a guy coming off that injury regardless of how good he was before the injury or not.

It seems that people who tear ACLs are coming back better than ever though. You got Brady, Jamal Charles, Andre Johnson, Peterson, and Terrell Suggs in the past 5 years. I'm not to worried about the ACL because it seems that rehabilitation and surgery have gotten better over the years to the point where it's not really a career threatening injury as it once was.

It seems that people who tear ACLs are coming back better than ever though. You got Brady, Jamal Charles, Andre Johnson, Peterson, and Terrell Suggs in the past 5 years. I'm not to worried about the ACL because it seems that rehabilitation and surgery have gotten better over the years to the point where it's not really a career threatening injury as it once was.

I posted this article in the other Revis thread in the colts football section, but there are many players that never make a full recovery from the surgery and even more that do come back that are never the same player as before. Just too much of a risk IMO for giving up too much to get him. The Adrian Peterson's of the world are rare. I have no doubt he'll be back, but I do have doubts on if he'll be the same player he was.

http://www.empowereddoctor.com/acl-injuries-with-nfl-players-orthopedics