Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton and Andrew at the Pro Bowl

Fx Stryker

:edit: MODS just seen Coltsfandenmark's topic. Merge please.

Surprised this isn't a topic yet.

0ap1000000129964.jpg

If there were any questions that Peyton Manning would follow his own lead after addressing players Tuesday evening concerning effort at the Pro Bowl -- and there shouldn't have been -- they were put to rest before Andrew Luck could even exit the AFC meeting room.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129973/article/peyton-manning-engages-andrew-luck-at-pro-bowl

Will it be at all awkward????? Maybe a little, won't show, but it will be, just watch and they will try to laugh it off on the side line...

Probably not, they have known each other for years. Andrew was a councillor at Peyton's camp for at least 2 years. Good buddies.

Will it be at all awkward????? Maybe a little, won't show, but it will be, just watch and they will try to laugh it off on the side line...

Why would it be awkward?? Archie & Oliver are close friends. Luck & Peyton pretty much the same. I don't think it'd be awkward at all. More like a reunion to them to see each other again

this will be interesting to watch. so who is starting the game???

I think generally Manning will start and play for 1 drive. If he gets a TD he may switch to the next QB. If he doesn't he may play for 1 more drive and switch anyway. This yr he seems to take it more seriously so may be playing longer, who knows.

But pretty sure they will let the guy making the pro bowl for the 1st time play more. They could let Luck play the entire 2nd half.

I know the ProBowl is a relaxed, carefree environment, but I always wonder for a young rookie QB why not tap the minds of smart LB's, DE's, & DB's? QB's tend to flock to other QB's or WR's. Not me, if I was there I wanna know what JJ Watt is thinking, Troy Polamalu, London Fletcher, Vince Wilfork, Robert Mathis, in specific blitz packages, down & distance, etc. etc.  

A pet peeve of mine don't hang out with the guys you work with during the season...Spend time with the people who are trying to decapitate you everytime you step on the field as a QB. Maybe what you learn there will help you dramatically improve your game next year. 

Awesome.

I am still laughing at the fact in that photo they are both wearing credentials...like people don't know who they are. ;)

Funny that you mean credentials Callie because Rich Eisen, flag ship host at NFL Network,  spoke once on the air about how he was never given credentials at the Combine in INDY a 3-4 years back & security wouldn't allow him on the field. Without proper ID around your neck or in your pocket. Even celebrities are stopped & questioned as bizarre as that sounds. 

eisenx-large.jpg

Funny that you mean credentials Callie because Rich Eisen, flag ship host at NFL Network,  spoke once on the air about how he was never given credentials at the Combine in INDY a 3-4 years back & security wouldn't allow him on the field. Without proper ID around your neck or in your pocket. Even celebrities are stopped & questioned as bizarre as that sounds. 

eisenx-large.jpg

I believe it. Everyone at the Super Bowl had them, including every big name player that walked by or celebrity. They would be taken off during appearances, but heck, even Tim Tebow needed it for the media center pre-game day

I believe it. Everyone at the Super Bowl had them, including every big name player that walked by or celebrity. They would be taken off during appearances, but heck, even Tim Tebow needed it for the media center pre-game day

Yup, ID is the way of the world today at larger than life sports events & even political functions too. A friend of mine in law enforcement asked a then WI Senator Russ Feingold for his ID at the door for a town hall meeting. The senator wasn't too happy that my friend had no idea who he was & refused to let him through the door. He was just doing his job, but later I teased my friend about buying him Congressional flashcards for his birthday. He was a good sport about it & to be fair not every security official will always know a celebrity or political representative they encounter at a huge event. 

[img=http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2011/03/01/eisenx-large.jpg]

You mean the world famous Rich Eisen went unrecognized? Wow