Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib

needanoline63

I know the pats will probably re-sign him, at least they should, he definetly made the pats defense better. Although I know if he didn't get injured pats still would have lost, but the ravens receivers wouldn't have looked that dominate. This would be a good pick up for the right price. An immediate upgrade over powers and Vaughan(2 players I hope are not back with us next season, powers might be a decent nickel corner, but that is a MIGHTY MIGHT). Your thoughts?

I know the pats will probably re-sign him, at least they should, he definetly made the pats defense better. Although I know if he didn't get injured pats still would have lost, but the ravens receivers wouldn't have looked that dominate. This would be a good pick up for the right price. An immediate upgrade over powers and Vaughan(2 players I hope are not back with us next season, powers might be a decent nickel corner, but that is a MIGHTY MIGHT). Your thoughts?

I know as fans we get excited every time a name comes up that we recognize. This I will admit is one I would consider to some degree....but speaking just in general here and I hate to pick on your thread but I dont want to waste posts with a cookie cutter answer on all of these "we should sign" threads. And I thank GOD that some of my brethren on this forum are not the Colts GM. so I will blanket address all of these posts here:

Ed Reed ~ no! old and near retirement we are trying to build a team here not a retirement community.

Steven Jackson ~ see above

Tim Tebow ~ LORD WHY? Andrew Luck, get to know him....

Every near retirement guy who has yet to be named ~ No!

Talib at least has some possibility, however I dont see the Pats letting him go.  What the Colts need is not marquee has beens or near retirees. We need an infusion of up and coming talent. Lets look for the non-household names that their current teams just can't hold onto because of cap space, or their team has a wealth of talent at the position so can afford to let walk......Work with me people come on....LOL

I know as fans we get excited every time a name comes up that we recognize. This I will admit is one I would consider to some degree....but speaking just in general here and I hate to pick on your thread but I dont want to waste posts with a cookie cutter answer on all of these "we should sign" threads. And I thank GOD that some of my brethren on this forum are not the Colts GM. so I will blanket address all of these posts here:

Ed Reed ~ no! old and near retirement we are trying to build a team here not a retirement community.

Steven Jackson ~ see above

Tim Tebow ~ LORD WHY? Andrew Luck, get to know him....

Every near retirement guy who has yet to be named ~ No!

Talib at least has some possibility, however I dont see the Pats letting him go.  What the Colts need is not marquee has beens or near retirees. We need an infusion of up and coming talent. Lets look for the non-household names that their current teams just can't hold onto because of cap space, or their team has a wealth of talent at the position so can afford to let walk......Work with me people come on....LOL

It's a forum, to discuss football, particularly Colts football. The topics do not need to reflect everyone's opinion, nor do they need to form the thoughts of a professional GM. Although by going on past draft discussions, some of our learned members would have had a better draft than some of Bill Polian's latter year howlers.

You opinion is no better or worse than anyone else's.......I'd take Ed Reed in a minute IF the price and length of contract was right, and he was comfortable being as much a mentor as a player (and we draft a young up and coming player). I doubt it would work however......but if he is released, it would be worth a conversation....etc

It's a forum, to discuss football, particularly Colts football. The topics do not need to reflect everyone's opinion, nor do they need to form the thoughts of a professional GM. Although by going on past draft discussions, some of our learned members would have had a better draft than some of Bill Polian's latter year howlers.

You opinion is no better or worse than anyone else's.......I'd take Ed Reed in a minute IF the price and length of contract was right, and he was comfortable being as much a mentor as a player (and we draft a young up and coming player). I doubt it would work however......but if he is released, it would be worth a conversation....etc

Yes, I agree with your last paragraph. Reed is one 'over the hill' guy who can still help this team, under the right contract conditions.

But I also agree with Crunked, some of the threads are ridiculous. If you ignore them they go away.

Yes, I agree with your last paragraph. Reed is one 'over the hill' guy who can still help this team, under the right contract conditions.

But I also agree with Crunked, some of the threads are ridiculous. If you ignore them they go away.

But who decides what is ridiculous and what is not? Already a contradiction has crept in. Crunked thinks Ed Reed is a stupid idea, and you and I think it's not (with quoted caveats). There are even some who think TT is a good idea.

Just sayin'....

But who decides what is ridiculous and what is not? Already a contradiction has crept in. Crunked thinks Ed Reed is a stupid idea, and you and I think it's not (with quoted caveats). There are even some who think TT is a good idea.Just sayin'....

Right. I'm saying if you think it's ridiculous, like Tebow, just don't comment. Everyone has a right to post, but we don't have to keep the post going.

Didn't someone start a thread saying we should trade for Brady a while back? They may have been serious, or may have been trying to incite a thread war. In my opinion it was a ridiculous thread. But I think it went for pages.

Talib will probably get an extension from the Pats.

I actually would love to have him, he is another good shutdown corner. Off the field issues have come up before but with the right situation, he could be successful in Indy.

But it is a small possibility that he is even interested in leaving the Pats.

i think we need to take a chance with Tyrann Mathieu with our 4th pick. even as a nickel back i think he can still make our secondary better. and what is good with that is what ever team takes him, has leverage on his contract. that being said, we draft him and sign derrick cox, cary williams, or chris houston. just my opinion.