Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to shop Brady?

MrNLM

His contract all but makes him untradeable so the only way they could part ways with him is if they release him.  If they were ever going to part ways with Brady it would have been when he was coming back from his knee injury.  They aren't going to do it now.  While Brady might have struggled today he had a great season and unlike with Manning last year there is no reason to be concerned about IF he can still play at that level. 

Honestly... I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea. You know how many draft picks you could get for him? You'd set your team up for the next decade and you have Mallet in waiting who could probably come in and put up numbers like Flacco and Eli do.

I don't see Brady being traded due to his high salary, unlike Bruschi, Vrabel, and Moss. However, I do see a Peyton Manning situation when Brady becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2015 they may let him walk. That would put Brady at the age of 37. Given Brett Favre retired at 40, that would get some teams interested, hoping Brady can post a decent 1-2 more seasons worth of production.

Lot of hungry teams in need of a QB. They'd be glad to take a chance at one of the greatest QB free agents who has ever played the sport of football.

Brady had a career year and is already the best of his generation and the greatst of all time IMHO. He has about 3-5 years left and the Pats will pay him. The bigger question is what to do with Welker. His drop cost them big time...again.

yeah, its welkers fault he threw two picks and couldn't get on the board the entire second half

yeah, its welkers fault he threw two picks and couldn't get on the board the entire second half

Brady did not play well but I brought up Wes because he is a FA again and his drop in the SB last year coupled with his key third and seven drop last night that hit him in the chest will give everyone pause. I mean we know the Pats are not doing with anything with Brady which is why this thread is absurd which is why I brought up Welker. Not to mention Talib. I think they have to sign him. I also think they will franchise Wes again but you never know with Bill. I reallly hope they look to get Brady a beast WR like a julio jones type or Boldin.

I think Brady will retire a patriot . . . however, as he has 3 more years left on his contract, there is a small chance that the pats might keep him for the next two years and then trade him in his last year . . . we'll have to just wait and see . . .

and btw, you pats do realize every time you explain to us that he game was lost for more than just brady you sound just like us and you responded "excuses"? 

im just telling you so you realize that you are guilty of the same thing...or we are both right..

I think Brady will retire a patriot . . . however, as he has 3 more years left on his contract, there is a small chance that the pats might keep him for the next two years and then trade him in his last year . . . we'll have to just wait and see . . .

i know BB has done that, and there are plenty of examples, but i dont think any of those players were HOF borderline GOAT...I just dont realy see them doing it...unless there is  a PM like situation where there is injury and they really LOVE mallet

i know BB has done that, and there are plenty of examples, but i dont think any of those players were HOF borderline GOAT...I just dont realy see them doing it...unless there is  a PM like situation where there is injury and they really LOVE mallet

yah you never know . . . i think depends on how Mallet developes . . . also who might be in the draft . . . it could depend on a injury and how many years the pats think Brady has two years from now . . . if he is still in good health and has 3+ more years at the point, i don't really see a trade, but if he 2 or less, a trade is a possibility . . . but then again the might just keep him till he retires either way . . .