Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin's Catch In The End Zone

Smonroe

I know that by rule you have to get two feet in, but someone clear this up for me. When a receiver makes a sideline catch you sometimes see them drag a toe and as long as both feet touch down in bounds, it's a catch. It doesn't matter if the entire foot is down, as long as you touch the toe.

On Austin's catch he had clear control and one foot in. The second foot came down toe in bounds, then heal out. I know they review every TD, but that means they're not reviewing a 'non-TD', right?

Maybe if we had Tressel in the booth... (J/K, but I'm serious about the catch question).

Anyone think it should have been challenged?

I know that by rule you have to get two feet in, but someone clear this up for me. When a receiver makes a sideline catch you sometimes see them drag a toe and as long as both feet touch down in bounds, it's a catch. It doesn't matter if the entire foot is down, as long as you touch the toe.

On Austin's catch he had clear control and one foot in. The second foot came down toe in bounds, then heal out. I know they review every TD, but that means they're not reviewing a 'non-TD', right?

Maybe if we had Tressel in the booth... (J/K, but I'm serious about the catch question).

I don't imagine the call would've been overturned, but at that point, why not challenge? The Colts had nothing to lose, IMO.

Well....it certainly couldn't have hurt anything, all things considered.

I didn't get a good look at it, phone was ringing and I got distracted, but it looked close. I did catch a slight read on Caldwell's lips and he seemed to be saying something to the effect of "meh whatever". I question the mans passion. The game was out of hand, yes, but this ain't preseason.

Just more proof the Caldwell is incompetent. Also why go for a FG when down 34-0? Collins needed more reps get him one under pressure.

Thank you. I forgot to mention that. Nevermind the fact that AV missed it, what was the point of even trying that? I guess to avoid a goose egg? Lame. Dungy was reserved and calm throughout his career, it was a quite passion, but he had passion. I sense no passion from Caldwell, and over the years his questionable calls are beginning to add up to something that stinks like Rex Ryan's socks.

Yes, challenge it. That's what a hard working professional would have done.

What you're talking about here ^ are the type things that I'll bet are gonna be magnified all year long because there will be less on-field cover up. Exactly like the preseason......why not coach the team up for onsides and go-for-it on 4th down situations? If not then for those things and a TD challenge today.....when? This stuff adds up with everything else to give a good cross sectional look at a body of work. I'm in the coaching job disapprove percentage.

It was not a td.

Its always been this way.

When you drag your toe, the heel doesn't touch. If your toe comes down first, then heel touches.... NO TD!

Now, if he would have kept his heel up, then yes it would have been a td. Seemed obvious to me.

NO eason to challenge, if Caldwell would have, the same people would have complained about a "stupid" challenge.

It was not a td.

When you drag your toe, the heel doesn't touch. If your toe comes down first, then heel touches.... NO TD!

Now, if he would have kept his heel up, then yes it would have been a td. Seemed obvious to me.

NO eason to challenge, if Caldwell would have, the same people would have complained about a "stupid" challenge.

Yeah, that's what I figured. So it would be the same if there's a catch on the sidelines with the receiver standing on his toes just in bounds (back to the sidelines). If he catches the ball and then sets a heal down out of bounds, it's no catch.

If you don't want to challenge it then fine... But when you call timeout anyway it makes you look even more incompetent.

Yea but he'd have wasted a challenge! :neener:

I'd +1 ya but I'm out for the day.

However I will offer you this cool picture of a ninja. :ninja: Cool ninja, aye?

He looked out to me and Collie sure didn't protest like a guy who thought he was in. If you notice the guys who tip their toes tend to tip their toes and then hope or drag it and never put their heal down till their next step, Collie didn't really do that he came down on the tip of his toes and brought his heal down out of bounds which makes him out of bounds because it was the same step.

It was not a td.

+1

Exactly, it's the 'Toe-Heel' rule. Collie was out, according to the rules.

I doubt Coleman and crew would have called it a TD had we had it reviewed.

It does bring up an issue I think needs to be addressed, though...

If they're going to review all scores that should be reviewed, they should review plays that could produce scores that could have potentially been called incorrectly, like the Collie catch. The NFL wants as many points per game as they can get, so it makes no sense at all not to.

I doubt Coleman and crew would have called it a TD had we had it reviewed.

It does bring up an issue I think needs to be addressed, though...

If they're going to review all scores that should be reviewed, they should review plays that could produce scores that could have potentially been called incorrectly, like the Collie catch. The NFL wants as many points per game as they can get, so it makes no sense at all not to.

I was going to say that's one postive to yesterday, at least we got our Walt Coleman game out of the way. As normal with him there were strange and flat out wrong calls, my personal favorite one was when Reitz got flagged for grabbing the Texans facemask which he was but the Texans player also had a hold of his was not called. They even botched the hit on Garcon and called that when they shouldn't have. So it went both ways.

I am just glad we got him in a game that he had zero to do with the out come.

Yes, challenge it. That's what a hard working professional would have done.

What you're talking about here ^ are the type things that I'll bet are gonna be magnified all year long because there will be less on-field cover up. Exactly like the preseason......why not coach the team up for onsides and go-for-it on 4th down situations? If not then for those things and a TD challenge today.....when? This stuff adds up with everything else to give a good cross sectional look at a body of work. I'm in the coaching job disapprove percentage.

Look I know that Caldwell brings out the emotions in people but you know why you don't challenge that call - because he was freaking out of bounds. The rule is clear - keep his heel up, then it was a TD. Bring the heel down, it is on the line and not a TD.

The leap from somehow not challenging a call that he had no business challenging to start with to somehow that is an indictment on him not being a "hard working professional" is really kind of clueless.

what videos? I need something to cheer me up today!

I can't believe you didn't see the videos.

Rex Ryan filmed his wife's feet. In a couple she was in her underwear. Very "fetishy" videos. They were hilarious.

Sexy Rexy loves him some feet!

Here are some samples:

http://www.iviewtube.com/videos/175136/rex-ryan-wife-foot-fetish-video-in-car

http://www.iviewtube.com/v/175217/rex-ryan-wife-foot-fetish-video-in-sexy-high-heel-shoes

http://deadspin.com/5715741/this-may-or-may-not-be-rex-ryans-wife-making-foot+fetish-videos

Hope this cheers you up.

Here's a bonus for you:

Thank you. I forgot to mention that. Nevermind the fact that AV missed it, what was the point of even trying that? I guess to avoid a goose egg? Lame. Dungy was reserved and calm throughout his career, it was a quite passion, but he had passion. I sense no passion from Caldwell, and over the years his questionable calls are beginning to add up to something that stinks like Rex Ryan's socks.

Our field goal kicker does not need work...and he's not a question mark...

The field goal seemed pointless (pardon the pun)

PS...and I love the Hypothetical Manning stats...hs's clearly ahead of Aaron Rodgers at this point!.

Look I know that Caldwell brings out the emotions in people but you know why you don't challenge that call - because he was freaking out of bounds. The rule is clear - keep his heel up, then it was a TD. Bring the heel down, it is on the line and not a TD.

The leap from somehow not challenging a call that he had no business challenging to start with to somehow that is an indictment on him not being a "hard working professional" is really kind of clueless.

Yeah it's a sad state of affairs sitting around hoping nothing pivotal will be determined on the "strength" of our head coach's situational decision making. Kinda like negotiating a stretch of highway in a busy tourist town in the middle of August where everyone driving is unfamiliar with the highway/where to go/what to do....one naturally assumes there's a high probability of something bad happening so you adjust accordingly. I plead guilty to defensive viewing, your honor. However, evidence (job performance) clearly shows Caldwell has breached the standard of care, which is unprofessionalism by definition. Since Caldwell has been in the job description for many years I can only surmise one of the reasons for his shortcomings is because he doesn't work at it hard enough. In light of the evidence I ask the court to dismiss the charge, or in lieu of dismissal a reduction to PFJ.