Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This week will tell us a lot about our team.

SilentHill

The importance of this meaningless game can't be stated enough.

I am extremely interested in seeing how Andrew Luck uses his mistakes in the first game, and learns from them. I'm excited to see how the defense uses their mistakes ans learns from them, and I'm excited to see how our coaching staff does the same.

With the loss to Houston, just two weeks ago, all of the plays still fresh in the minds of this young team, I really just can't wait to see how this pans out, especially with Houston playing for a first round bye.

The importance of this meaningless game can't be stated enough.

I am extremely interested in seeing how Andrew Luck uses his mistakes in the first game, and learns from them. I'm excited to see how the defense uses their mistakes ans learns from them, and I'm excited to see how our coaching staff does the same.

With the loss to Houston, just two weeks ago, all of the plays still fresh in the minds of this young team, I really just can't wait to see how this pans out, especially with Houston playing for a first round bye.

This week will tell us more about how our O-line can handle J.J.Watt and the Texans' D-line. Once that is taken care of, our team can gain an upper hand at home, IMO.

But then, our home game is not going to say much because we will be playing road games in the playoffs for the most part.

This week will tell us more about how our O-line can handle J.J.Watt and the Texans' D-line. Once that is taken care of, our team can gain an upper hand at home, IMO.

But then, our home game is not going to say much because we will be playing road games in the playoffs for the most part.

We will see if they change our motion and blocking schemes to better protect the interior and forace edge rushers to speed rush outside and deep.  might give Luck room to step up and deliver on some of those 'chunk' plays Arians says were open but we didn't have time to throw...  or if we go to even shorter routes and hope we can dink and dunk without drive killing penalties or drops, forcing us to throw deep anyway.

This week is essentially meaningless...      stay or get sharp on O, stay healthy on D, and keep LUCK HEALTHY.   

Those are the only goals that need be achieved.

If BA comes out and tries to get Luck killed again by trying to block JJ one on one I will be extremely disappointed in BA.

Our QB has proven himself...  he NEEDS an easy week.  (NOT GETTING DRILLED EVERY OTHER DROP BACK)

And lets hope Indy gets to go to Balt.....     

This week is essentially meaningless...      stay or get sharp on O, stay healthy on D, and keep LUCK HEALTHY.   

Those are the only goals that need be achieved.

If BA comes out and tries to get Luck killed again by trying to block JJ one on one I will be extremely disappointed in BA.

Our QB has proven himself...  he NEEDS an easy week.  (NOT GETTING DRILLED EVERY OTHER DROP BACK)

And lets hope Indy gets to go to Balt.....     

I agree John. BA needs to call a lot more 3 step drops and quick hitches and crossing routes. Our O-line probably will communicate better at home for double teaming Watt, wherever he lines up, that is one good thing with crowd noise close to quiet while the O is operating.

We know Luck can get outside the pocket and make plays for those long passes, just not sure this is the game we need to be pushing his "luck" there (pun intended :)). If Luck is going to take shots outside the pocket, I'd rather save it vs the Ravens.

Ngata's hit on RG3 at Washington, and a few years ago Ed Reed's hit on Chad Pennington while outside the pocket vs the wildcat Dolphins in 2008 playoffs are just recent examples of why I am pretty darn certain the Ravens WILL HIT Luck every chance they get outside the pocket if we meet in the playoffs. BA needs to rein in some of those playcalling to keep Luck upright and healthy more often.

I pretty sure they won't if they have to block D linemen instead of going out in pattern...

short patterns 6-7 yards to those Tight Ends would frustrate those DE's and Linebackers, Mix in the run game and follow that up with some timely shots deep, ya still get some deep passes but ya (in theory) dont put your QB at maximum risk several times a game although I do see the underneath routes that are ran sometimes by our WR's that Luck is missing

Andrew doesn`t like the short stuff because he has to stare down his receivers and the Line tips so many of his passes and he is always late and throwing behind causing the Defenders to be right on them for big hits.

More of a QB problem than Arians. JMO

What the ????????????

Any chance you're still seriously hung over from a holiday party?       Seriously.

Holy Cow what a post.......     :facepalm:       :slaphead: