Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Whatt after the sacks

TheJACKCOLT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with Von Miller mocking Cam Newton's "Superman" pose because #1 Von Miller is a BEAST & #2 Cam Newton needs to realize that 1 great rookie campaign does not make him an NFL Superstar. 

True that. I've had a big problem with Cam, but he seems to be getting a little better of late. Von Miller is in my book right next to JJ Watt on the defensive MVP list.

Well said TK85! I like your objectivity there. :thmup:

I don't agree with your term to describe JJ Watt Hendo12. Most of us are fans of game changing players on every NFL squad sir. Wanting to defeat an division rival is 1 thing; calling your opponent a derogatory term is quite another. Yes, I despise the Dallas Cowboys, but I won't single out individual players & call them a vulgar reference at least not publicly anyway, but hey that's just me...

Really? Vulgar?

Okay.

I do call the other team bad names. Crazy I know. I bet I'm one of the only people who do that.

Really? Vulgar?

Okay.

I do call the other team bad names. Crazy I know. I bet I'm one of the only people who do that.

While I would not say vulgar (keep in mind your dealing with all sorts of generational gaps and me just turning 30 and consider myself very much up with the times seeing as how I am not far removed from my twenties or even teen years really) to me that term is not vulgar but it does show someone as being juvenile when directing that term at someone instead if using the word for its intended purpose. Hey I wasn't offended by your comment whatsoever I just dont agree with it

Really? Vulgar?

Okay.

However, you choose to classify your term regarding JJ Watt is your own decision of course & I certainly don't want to curtail or cramp anyone's personal style naturally Hendo12. However, again this is just me, it doesn't require a great deal of sophistication to call another player that term IMO.

You are a smart guy who can use a better word choice or diction to convey the exact same point. I wasn't offended per say; just disappointed with such simplistic, unflattering language that's all. A person's vocabulary conveys volumes about how a person communicates & the impressions those word choices indicate to others around you. 

I can certainly appreciate how different people get their point across to others & I am in no position to judge anyone or stifle their unique brand of creativity. Just my 2  :2c: Hendo12. Thank you.

True that. I've had a big problem with Cam, but he seems to be getting a little better of late. Von Miller is in my book right next to JJ Watt on the defensive MVP list.

Peytonator, Von Miller is a spectacular LB who is respectful of his #1 idol Warren Sapp DT for the Tampa Bay Bucs & who just quietly goes about his business making opposing QB's feel very uneasy & unsettled. Miller is just a solid offensive line disruptor down in & down out.

A silent, methodical machine that won't be denied a field general sack. I love this kid! Just shut up, listen to your coaches & HOF veterans, & go to work making your rival QB's head spin...

von-miller-sack-495x377.jpg

Another reason I have little to no sympathy for Cam Newton...He pouts all the time, walks away from his team mates & wears a towel on his head all the time like he trying to hide, disappear, & vanish from his leadership responsibilities. What do you do in crisis when the wheels fall off? How do you motivate & inspire your team mates?

You don't abandon a submarine just because it was temporarily hit by a torpedo & is now treading water...S.O.S. What are you gonna do son?

newton1.jpg

Superior%20F603%20Le%20Hardi%20French%20

RB Arian Foster on the Houston Texans had a similar dilemma, but to his credit, he is dealing with solutions to counteract this problem & I really respect & admire that personally.

Watt always does the salute and finger wag. It's like his signature move down here lol.

Colt fan here living in Houston...I don't know about the leg kick but the salute has meaning for Watt in that he is an avid and vocal supporter of our military and he does the salute as a show of respect for them.

I beleive his slaute's origin came from last year with the back and forth Watt has on Twitter with members of our military....

Here is a sample of the responses he gets from doing it:

http://www.twylah.com/JJWatt/topics/salute

Colt fan here living in Houston...I don't know about the leg kick but the salute has meaning for Watt in that he is an avid and vocal supporter of our military and he does the salute as a show of respect for them.

I beleive his slaute's origin came from last year with the back and forth Watt has on Twitter with members of our military....

Nothing like a guy who loves and respects the men fighting for his country.

Sorry guys like I said I'm old school, I really don't care for any type of post play celebration, but I know that is the way of a lot of guys in the NFL nowdays. I love a player showing emotion, football is an emotional game and emotion is a way to fire up your teamates, its the postplay celebrations and dances I don't really care for. Yes Southwest11 I do like that quote from Jerry Rice and the way he conducted himself, Reggie Wayne is like that, he just hands the ball to the referee and gets ready to do it again. Walter Payton was the same way, Barry Sanders, Marvin Harrison and most of the truly great players were that way. I know that things are different in the NFL nowdays. I never saw a quarterback that had a choreographed celebration after throwing a touchdown, until Aron Rogers came along and now you have guys like Cam Newton that even celebrate after a firstdown. Thats why I have so much respect for guys like Peyton, Reggie and a few other players in the game who still conduct themselves the old school way, and I believe Luck fits in that same mold. I remember when Peyton was here, I can't remember the players name, it was a tight end or a wide receiver, that did a celebration after scoring a touch down and Peyton and some of the other guys told him we don't do that here and he never did it again. That is one of the things I loved most about the Colts, they have always been a class organization. The NFL is different now, its a look at me, and what I just did, league now, as is society as a whole. I guess I just miss the good ole days when it was more about the team an not the individual, but like I said I beleive Luck is from the old school of player, and I'm really glad for that, doesn't point fingers and holds himself accountable, he is truly a dying breed, so glad he's a Colt.     "GO COLTS"

I am with you too but I believe that the Title of the thread is the problem.  Its not only Watt, heck even some of our own players do it.  I've seen some of our players celebrate after the tackle a guy after a first down or a "supposed" big hit and its gotten old.  I think if anything because they (Texans) are now our "new" rivals (if you wanna call it that) its just too raw and irritating right now because its salt in the wound so to speak.

Andy (I think) pointed it out quite nicely, when you have a stat line like the one Watt did against our o-line he could do whatever he wanted.  Dude went completely beast mode against us.  He single-handily destroyed our line so props to him. 

Colts shouldn't have let that happen.

Anybody giving props to the men and women who give the ultimate sacrifice of their lives to defend me and my family is cool with me.

Nothing like a guy who loves and respects the men fighting for his country.

Couldn't agree me Qwizboy.  I just hope next time he's not saluting as much.  I wanna see more from Freeney!

Watt gets my vote for the biggest defensive impact player in the league right now.  Miller and Aldon Smith are a close 2a and 2b.

maybe if we had an O Line worth respecting then Watt may have been held in check to some extent........oh well back to dreaming. Seriously like others have said Watt is a stand up guy it sounds like,  My real problem is the trash blocking that the 5 men we have up front has been doing. Do we even call them our O Linemen at this point?

Absolutely amazing.

You are nothing if not consistent.

Some of you are just... um... wow? Classless? That's what you're calling this?

If anyone of our guys mimicked an opponent's dance (Ala Jared Allen's rodeo roping whatever), you'd be calling it funny or comical. When someone might have mimicked one of ours, it's classless?

I won't say anything as to Watt other than he seems like a darned fine player and I'd LOVE to have him here given what he did to us the other day, but this stuff has seriously got to stop.

Classless players take cheap shots by kicking another guy in the package, or stomping on them, or repeatedly using his helmet as a battering ram on unsuspecting players heads. If Watt mimicked our guys, it shows that he thinks enough of them to mimick their celebrations. It's not a shot at the opponent, and there isn't anything classless about it.

Some of you seriously need to drop the word class from your vocabulary. Or simply look it up to better understand what it means. We can't boo hoo every time something like this happens. It's pointless. If Suh kicked our QB in the package, I'd be raising flags like you've done here. What Watt did, I honestly didn't think ANYTHING of it Sunday.

The so called "celebrations" as pathetic as they are, are now an intregal part of sports. I wonder who started all this "look at me, I'm so-o-o great" celebrations.

The fact is they have become what looks like amatuer auditions for a home town high school prom. Aaron Rogers has even taken his "move" to television commercials. I always was taught you are EXPECTED to throw complete passes and you are EXPECTED to catch passes and you are EXPECTED to score touchdowns. Recall, college football had to pass laws against the punks taking their helmets off after scoring so the world could experience the glory and wonder of seeing their stupid faces. The next time you show up for work on time do a celebration dance in front of youre co-workers......or are you EXPECTED to be at work on time?

The $19M Man deserves to be taunted. For this season he might be the most overpaid player in NFL history. Yeah, I know he has been nicked up but so are most of the players in the NFL.

As for Watt, he made clean hits on Luck and at this point that ought to be our main concern as poor Luck is likely to have a short career if he keeps getting weekly head shots.

JJ's performance was one of the best I've seen in recent memory, unfortunately it came at the colts' expense.

Player celebrations can be a little excessive, but keep in mind that most of these guys have been the best player on their teams each & every year on every level. Rugged individuality & destroy the competition mentalities are the rule & expecting anything less on the nfl level is naive.

On another note, it's entertainment. It's not that serious. The players are out there getting paid bank to play a game. The fans invest far more personal stock than any of the players.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 18, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 18, 2012 - inappropriate
Some of you are just... um... wow? Classless? That's what you're calling this?

If anyone of our guys mimicked an opponent's dance (Ala Jared Allen's rodeo roping whatever), you'd be calling it funny or comical. When someone might have mimicked one of ours, it's classless?

I won't say anything as to Watt other than he seems like a darned fine player and I'd LOVE to have him here given what he did to us the other day, but this stuff has seriously got to stop.

Classless players take cheap shots by kicking another guy in the package, or stomping on them, or repeatedly using his helmet as a battering ram on unsuspecting players heads. If Watt mimicked our guys, it shows that he thinks enough of them to mimick their celebrations. It's not a shot at the opponent, and there isn't anything classless about it.

Some of you seriously need to drop the word class from your vocabulary. Or simply look it up to better understand what it means. We can't boo hoo every time something like this happens. It's pointless. If Suh kicked our QB in the package, I'd be raising flags like you've done here. What Watt did, I honestly didn't think ANYTHING of it Sunday.

Chill the f@#k out, maybe you should read some of the previous post and explainations before you get on here and spew your vast array of total ignorance, if you would read some of the previous post you would see that the post has moved beyond the point where you have dropped your blatant ignorance. First of all, like was stated in earlier post, I don't care for any post play celebration, so no D@#F@#K i wouldn't, laugh or think its funny. As far as whats got to stop, its *s like you who jump on here a day late and don.t read the previous post that have explained and moved past your ignorant comments. Stomping on a players head or kicking him in the head, would make a player dirty you d@psh$t. we've already determind that he wasn't mimmicking, but if he was are you really stupid enough to beleive that it would be flattery. You are the one who needs to drop the word class, because you have no freaking clue what it means.  Please read all of the previous post on a subject before you grace us with your ignorance.

I'm just gonna leave this here:

b : having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior <a classy guy> <a classy gesture>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/classy

Not sure what part of a dance/celebration that is done in less than 2 seconds can be attributed to a lack of the above. Out guys do a kick, a chest thump and a salute, etc. etc. How any of it is lacking the above, I fail to see it.

As for one's personal preference on whether or not celebrations are done... who really cares? Ignore it if you don't like it. Yeah, they're professionals playing a professional sport, but I'd rather they all put a bit of emotion into and enjoy doing what they do. I think the NFL has done a fair job of limiting excessive celebration, for what it's worth. But again, I don't see the problem.

The so called "celebrations" as pathetic as they are, are now an intregal part of sports. I wonder who started all this "look at me, I'm so-o-o great" celebrations.

The fact is they have become what looks like amatuer auditions for a home town high school prom. Aaron Rogers has even taken his "move" to television commercials. I always was taught you are EXPECTED to throw complete passes and you are EXPECTED to catch passes and you are EXPECTED to score touchdowns. Recall, college football had to pass laws against the punks taking their helmets off after scoring so the world could experience the glory and wonder of seeing their stupid faces. The next time you show up for work on time do a celebration dance in front of youre co-workers......or are you EXPECTED to be at work on time?

Celebrating after a touchdown has been around for a long time, its all in good fun, its entertainment , I believe it was going overboard for a while with a select few(Joe Horn, Chad Johnson and of course Terrell Owens) but many are not

If JJ Watt were just another guy,  you ***might*** have an argument.

By Watt is terrific.   An incredible player and a really good guy.    If he does something that Freeney does -- GREAT!!

More power to him.   He's not mocking anyone.   It's a tribute.   Love the guy.   Wish he was a Colt.

Boy, the things we choose to let bother us.....     I wonder sometimes....      :scratch:

Ugh...its fun, its entertaining...smh....SN: You know about spell-check right?

JJ Watt: 2011 - 5.5 sacks... 2012 - 19.5 sacks through 15 weeks...

Practice makes you 14 sacks better the next season?

No, experience does.   Watt realized he could DOMINATE at the end of last season.   You saw it in that playoff game against the Bengals.   There is an interview with him about when the "light bulb" came on.