Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cuts Are In

GoColts8818

We seem extremely thin on the O-line. I can't believe they kept Richard(he's terrible IMO). There has to something in the works to get some depth there.

Well I am sure we'll check the wavier. You also said the key words in your opinion about Richard. Again he's a guy who can play two spots center and guard and frankly it's not like DeVan or McClendon impressed.

Well I am sure we'll check the wavier. You also said the key words in your opinion about Richard. Again he's a guy who can play two spots center and guard and frankly it's not like DeVan or McClendon impressed.

Thats true. I was never impressed with McClendon, in fact, I mentioned at the beginning of training camp that I didn't think he would make the team.

The only cut that surprises me is McClendon. Pollian made it sound like this guy would be the starter this year somewhere on the line. There was talk about grooming him to be Center. They praised his intelligence and physical ability. I may have read into those comments too much and figured he going to develop either this year or next. Still, somewhat surprised.

The only cut that surprises me is McClendon. Pollian made it sound like this guy would be the starter this year somewhere on the line. There was talk about grooming him to be Center. They praised his intelligence and physical ability. I may have read into those comments too much and figured he going to develop either this year or next. Still, somewhat surprised.

That's the problem he never really deveoped. Frankly the one missing starter we have on the o-line right now is him IMO. I think the Colts let Johnson go because they thought McClendon would step up and win the right guard job and that just never happened.

Someone posted a blog (I have no idea how good this blog is some are realy good and others are just you or me having our own blog) that it's for Lance Briggs for two 2nd round picks.

That would be too much to give up for a guy who is nearing 30 or already there. Plus we have good depth at LB unless we are replacing Brackett with Angerer at MLB.

Sims should be a starter at WSLB as well.

McClendon surprises me. He played well in the first game and I thought he did good in the other games. But like I have said, we as fans make out decisions based on what we see during the games and what we can see from the TV angle. The teams make their decisions based on 10x more information.

I am also surprised that McNeil (TE) made the cut. Not that he was bad, I just did not think the Colts would keep 4 TEs.

Someone posted a blog (I have no idea how good this blog is some are realy good and others are just you or me having our own blog) that it's for Lance Briggs for two 2nd round picks.

What? 2 2nd round picks for a 30yr old LB? plus he's asking for some money... That may very well be the trade going on but if it is then its a ridiculous trade imo.

What? 2 2nd round picks for a 30yr old LB? plus he's asking for some money... That may very well be the trade going on but if it is then its a ridiculous trade imo.

Hence why I made the point about the blog. Frankly I looked at it and it looks like if one of us took our forum posts and called it a blog, I don't think it's the best blog in the world.

McClendon surprises me. He played well in the first game and I thought he did good in the other games. But like I have said, we as fans make out decisions based on what we see during the games and what we can see from the TV angle. The teams make their decisions based on 10x more information.

I am also surprised that McNeil (TE) made the cut. Not that he was bad, I just did not think the Colts would keep 4 TEs.

Special teams. If I recall McNeil was in on a lot of them and that probably got him on the roster.

If my count is correct they are left with six LBs, 5 RB's and 6 LBs. It would seem odd for them to both give up two valuable picks for a 7th LB, and to carry 8 on the OL. Perhaps a new guard is coming our way (with Spann to the practice squad as also rumored. That would leave us with 6 LB, 4 RB and 9 OL, which seems more balanced.

The other reason I'm thinking this is that Briggs goes against the Colts practice of not spending a lot on LB, plus they dropped DeVan, McClendon and Thomas from last years guard collection, but only added Reitz and Diem in their place. Who knows, maybe the position flexibility offered by Reitz, Igalana, and Diem have allowed them to save a roster spot here.

If my count is correct they are left with six LBs, 5 RB's and 6 LBs. It would seem odd for them to both give up two valuable picks for a 7th LB, and to carry 8 on the OL. Perhaps a new guard is coming our way (with Spann to the practice squad as also rumored. That would leave us with 6 LB, 4 RB and 9 OL, which seems more balanced.

The other reason I'm thinking this is that Briggs goes against the Colts practice of not spending a lot on LB, plus they dropped DeVan, McClendon and Thomas from last years guard collection, but only added Reitz and Diem in their place. Who knows, maybe the position flexibility offered by Reitz, Igalana, and Diem have allowed them to save a roster spot here.

guard makes a lot more sense than linebacker does to me. The Briggs thing was just the only thing I had seen as far as trade rumors.

So, let me get this straight. We are going into our season opener, against the main compeition in our division, with three wide recievers that did not play at all in the pre-season. And to top it off, two of them are about as uncertain as any players can be, concerning their health. I really don't understand getting rid of Gilreath and Brooks and keeping five running backs. These are the most confusing moves made with the cuts.

Hence why I made the point about the blog. Frankly I looked at it and it looks like if one of us took our forum posts and called it a blog, I don't think it's the best blog in the world.

I didn't even take that blog seriously at all. It seemed like a joke to me, and I don't see any way on earth we could get Briggs and not give any players back in return. There just wouldn't be any money to give him. Im beginning to think the whole trade rumor thing is not going to happen. I don't see the purpose of adding Spann to the final 53 if they already knew there was a trade in place.

So, let me get this straight. We are going into our season opener, against the main compeition in our division, with three wide recievers that did not play at all in the pre-season. And to top it off, two of them are about as uncertain as any players can be, concerning their health. I really don't understand getting rid of Gilreath and Brooks and keeping five running backs. These are the most confusing moves made with the cuts.

because Brooks couldn't get open enough vs. teams back ups and Gilreath couldn't catch a cold. I'd rather go into the game with White, Gonzo, and Collie health questions not with standing over the other two.

I didn't even take that blog seriously at all. It seemed like a joke to me, and I don't see any way on earth we could get Briggs and not give any players back in return. There just wouldn't be any money to give him. Im beginning to think the whole trade rumor thing is not going to happen. I don't see the purpose of adding Spann to the final 53 if they already knew there was a trade in place.

If the trade falls threw and Spann is your next best player that would be the reason. You don't cut a guy in the NFL till you have too.

Rams have released WR Donnie Avery and Packers made two minor trades, trading FB Quinn Johnson to Tennessee for an undiscose draft pick (Ahmard Hall suspended for seasons first 4 games) and the packers also traded C Caleb Schlauderaff to Jets for an undisclosed pick.

Dolphins terminated contracts of S Gerald Alexander, CB Will Allen, NT Ronald Fields, RB Larry Johnson, FB Lousaka Polite, T Ray Willis.

My link

looks like we will be weak at punt returns again this year, same as last no improvement.no depth at saftey and the colts rarely make a trade they just pick up cuts from other teams

Lefeged and Cladwell are very much depth at saftey and reports are the Colts are making a strong push for Merriweather.

Also we made a trade for Justin Tryon just last season on this day.

Also if our weakest poistion is punt returner I can deal.

i agree the colts dont like to spend a lot of money on lbs ,is that why teams make long runs against us?

Lefeged and Cladwell are very much depth at saftey and reports are the Colts are making a strong push for Merriweather.

Also we made a trade for Justin Tryon just last season on this day.

Also if our weakest poistion is punt returner I can deal.

for real or is it just rumors

I know he would make the team Eldridge has been hurt, & Dallas coming off an injury. That ON WAS A NO BRAINIER. Richards though IS horrible always has been & always will be!!!!!!!!!!! Waste off a roster spot.IMO

Most shocking name here was Gilreath to me. Someone can probably post a "final" 53 based on the names here. Most shocking might be who wasn't cut to some. Gonzo, Hughes and Brown all made the final roster.

I am not surprised in the least that we kept Donald Brown. He's been serviceable and knows our offense. I was surprised we didn't release Hughes and shocked we kept Gonzo. The dude hasn't played in 2 seasons and missed all of preseason due to injury. Nothing against Gonzo as I know he wants to play, but haven't we learned our lessons from the past in holding a roster spot for a player who's always injured (ie Sanders / Gonzo last 2 seasons / etc). I just don't get it. I'm not a GM, but I am a loyal and dedicated fan and I just don't understand this. We need to cut our losses with Hughes and Gonzalez. Just not worth the roster spot. I guess the plan is to put Gonzo on IR and then go out and sign a FA.

I am not surprised in the least that we kept Donald Brown. He's been serviceable and knows our offense. I was surprised we didn't release Hughes and shocked we kept Gonzo. The dude hasn't played in 2 seasons and missed all of preseason due to injury. Nothing against Gonzo as I know he wants to play, but haven't we learned our lessons from the past in holding a roster spot for a player who's always injured (ie Sanders / Gonzo last 2 seasons / etc). I just don't get it. I'm not a GM, but I am a loyal and dedicated fan and I just don't understand this. We need to cut our losses with Hughes and Gonzalez. Just not worth the roster spot. I guess the plan is to put Gonzo on IR and then go out and sign a FA.

I've said it all pre-season there was no chance we were going to cut Hughes after only one season, especially when Polian said it can take a d-lineman two to hree years to develop.

Easy answer: we plan on running the ball a lot more this year.

Also, I wouldn't worry about those 3 WRs. It's not like they're rooks. They'll be fine.