Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Press your Luck - Miami

oldunclemark

And when you come back to reality I'd love to borrow those rose-colored glasses you seem to be looking through. Miami has a strong defensive line and offensive line and there is no way he gets sacked 5 times! Are you crazy? I say he doesn't get sacked once this entire game! And he isn't going to throw anywhere near 45 times this game. The Colts can't stop the run and that's been proven mutiple times this season. Therefor Miami's game will be dominated by the run! Sorry guys I know ignorance is bliss but sometimes you have to think rationally....

Don't you think you're pushing it to say Freeney and Mathis won't get a sack the entire game? Your offensive line is good, but you speak of them as if they are in the top 10 statistically when they are not. They are about number 14 in the NFL with 14 sacks and 30 quarterback hits. Mathis and Freeney have been on the same field this year for about all of 1 game this year. They'll both be playing on Sunday. You know the history of both of those players, so I think it's pushing it to say neither one will get a sack.

http://www.nfl.com/s...ole=TM&tabSeq=2

Even the part about Luck not throwing 45 times is a bit off. It's gotten almost normal for Luck to throw around 40 times in most games until recently when the running game has been functioning. If you're saying we won't be able to run the ball(which I think we will do a decent job) then I definitely would expect about 40 to 45 throws. What else would there be to do if the running game is out of commission?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the part about Luck not throwing 45 times is a bit off. It's gotten almost normal for Luck to throw around 40 times in most games until recently when the running game has been functioning. If you're saying we won't be able to run the ball(which I think we will do a decent job) then I definitely would expect about 40 to 45 throws. What else would there be to do if the running game is out of commission?

Actually the 45 in which I was referencing was in someones previous post about Tannehill throwing the ball 45 times. Luck will throw closer to 40 than Tannehill will. And now I guess word is being circled around that Tannehill had his knee drained twice today before and after practice. It would appear that Moore is being lead on to be the starter Sunday. Either way I don't see it changing things up that much...

Don't you think you're pushing it to say Freeney and Mathis won't get a sack the entire game? Your offensive line is good, but you speak of them as if they are in the top 10 statistically when they are not. They are about number 14 in the NFL with 14 sacks and 30 quarterback hits. Mathis and Freeney have been on the same field this year for about all of 1 game this year. They'll both be playing on Sunday. You know the history of both of those players, so I think it's pushing it to say neither one will get a sack.

http://www.nfl.com/s...ole=TM&tabSeq=2

Mustang must be kidding..

...every non running QB who comes to Indy for big game gets sacked and there will be some false starts..

...we're playing indoors..and that always helps the defensive line

...every non running QB who comes to Indy for big game gets sacked and there will be some false starts..

That is why he never replied back to me about that comment. He replied to me about the second half of it though.

Probably not going to deny you guys a sack but Miami is one of the least penalized teams in the NFL.

Stats can be very deceiving....especially with the rules changes that have resulted in much more passing in this league.

You can pass all day between the 20's....but can you score points?

The Dolphin defense is one of the leagues best...giving up 17 points a game. While the Colts are giving up more than 24.

Stats can be very deceiving....especially with the rules changes that have resulted in much more passing in this league.

The Dolphin defense is one of the leagues best...giving up 17 points a game. While the Colts are giving up more than 24.

You have only played one decent Offense (Texans) and gave up 30. Stats can be very deceiving indeed.

You have only played one decent Offense (Texans) and gave up 30. Stats can be very deceiving indeed.

Again...stats can be deceiving....the Texans scored 24 of those points off of a 7 minute span in the second quarter when JJ Watt went wild causing 3 interceptions off batted passes and a fumble.

Unless your defense can cause those kind of problems for Miami...You won't score 30 and probably no where near it.

6 out of the 7 Miami opponents have scored more points this year then the Colts.

And, oh yeah...Miami has scored more points than the Colts.

Again...stats can be deceiving....the Texans scored 24 of those points off of a 7 minute span in the second quarter when JJ Watt went wild causing 3 interceptions off batted passes and a fumble.

Unless your defense can cause those kind of problems for Miami...You won't score 30 and probably no where near it.

6 out of the 7 Miami opponents have scored more points this year then the Colts.

Ok, lets scrape those points in that 7 minute spell.

I have not said diddly squat about the Colts point scoring abilities, so why bring it up? You have played a very average schedule so far (just like the Colts), yet you come on here parading your team like the 2007 Patriots. We know we are not a great team yet, perhaps you should show the same deference.

Hey, Dolphin fans.. Happy Anniversary. It's been almost 30 years since you went to a Super Bowl. 1984 Marino vs Montanna. Yep, you lost. The average Dolphin fan has never even witnessed it's team win a Super Bowl. Meanwhile, our current Colts team has players on it that have actually WON a Super Bowl in this decade. So, I am predicting that our winning mentality and experience will put us ahead of you for the wildcard spot when it comes down to it. I apologize in advance. Oh, yeah...and the fact that our QB is way better.

24 points a game for the Colts defense is somewhat deceiving as well. We've played two very good offenses in Chicago and Green Bay. The Chicago game got out of hand due to Luck turning the ball over in his first ever NFL regular season game. Green Bay obviously is going to put up some points. The Jets game was a bit of a bad game mostly due to having many starters out on the D-line, people being out of their gaps, bad tackling, and Luck turning the ball over in an overall bad performance by him. Most of the games we've had where we've given up a decent amt of points, you will usually find Luck has turned the ball over at a fairly high rate.

Miamis defense would not have the stats they have right now if Tannehill was producing 4 to 5 turnovers. It's hard for any teams defense to overcome something like that. If you pay attention you'll see that the rest of our games defensively have not been 24 point performances. It usually only happens when the offense(mainly Luck) has turned the ball over a great deal.

If he plays like he's been playing the last 2 weeks, then I don't expect Miami to score more than 17 to 20 as a high. And I expect him to play a pretty good game. He's improved with each performance!

I don't think I've ever seen THIS many people from other teams make profiles to talk smack like the Dolphin's fans have. Must be something in that Miami water.

Anyway, stop acting like you guy's are the best team in the NFL, and stop acting like we're going to be destroyed. We've beaten TWO of the top teams in the NFL this season being Green Bay and Minnesota. Who have you won against? Cincy is the best team you've beaten. Yes we lost to the Jets, but so did you. I'm pretty sure Sanchez also went for over 300 yards that game against your "amazing" defense. Don't be surprised if Luck throws for over 300 yards and 2 TD's.

Do I think it'll be a blowout either way? Nope. I definitely think we will win though.

The colts passing attack is better than the texans passing attack. We will prob go no huddle and make your d look stupid. We have a 13th man in pagano attending game. wayne will be on fire and you won't be able to stop him even if you triple cover him. The most important thing is freeney and mathis will be on the field at the same time as they demonstrate to wake how to sack people.

I think another thing dolphins fans are depending on is turnovers, but the colts do a much better job of not turning over the ball at home. If it were on the road then I could see the dolphins winning big, but since its not the colts have a fighting chance.

The colts passing attack is better than the texans passing attack. We will prob go no huddle and make your d look stupid. We have a 13th man in pagano attending game. wayne will be on fire and you won't be able to stop him even if you triple cover him. The most important thing is freeney and mathis will be on the field at the same time as they demonstrate to wake how to sack people.

I like your enthusiasm and swagger for the upcoming game! However, I think it's stretching it a bit to say the Colts passing attack is better than the Texans. The Texans are pretty good at what they do offensively, and they've been in that scheme for a couple years now so their execution and timing is a good bit more crisp than ours. We're making strides certainly, but we haven't hit where they are at just yet. I've been on record saying we could beat them with a total team effort, but when comparing offensive units I think they are better than us at this point.

turning the ball over has to do with the opposing defense not whether they are playing at home or not. Miami has an excellent defense and so yea, we WILL turn it over, it's just a matter of how much.

no in the colts case it has to do with being on the road. The games we have had the most turnovers were on the road. browns had a solid defense that held the chargers to only 7 points. the jaqs have a great passing d yet we also avoided lots of turnovers versus them. the jets also have a great passing d even with revis out yet we lost to them because we were on the road and made dumb mistakes just like chicago. Had those games been at how I don't believe we would have turned it over nearly as much in either game.

I like your enthusiasm and swagger for the upcoming game! However, I think it's stretching it a bit to say the Colts passing attack is better than the Texans. The Texans are pretty good at what they do offensively, and they've been in that scheme for a couple years now so their execution and timing is a good bit more crisp than ours. We're making strides certainly, but we haven't hit where they are at just yet. I've been on record saying we could beat them with a total team effort, but when comparing offensive units I think they are better than us at this point.

The colts passing attack is better than the texans passing attack. What makes the texans so good is their running game and their defense. To me the passing attack is just average. Why do you think they had trouble against greenbay? The texans came out throwing in that game instead of running. They got away from who they are and got blown out.

no in the colts case it has to do with being on the road. The games we have had the most turnovers were on the road. browns had a solid defense that held the chargers to only 7 points. the jaqs have a great passing d yet we also avoided lots of turnovers versus them. the jets also have a great passing d even with revis out yet we lost to them because we were on the road and made dumb mistakes just like chicago. Had those games been at how I don't believe we would have turned it over nearly as much in either game.

It's called home field advantage for a reason and I see what you're saying, I just think that we are going to struggle against this vaunted defense, i have watched most of their games and it might not be too pretty, they are just beasts on D.

It's called home field advantage for a reason and I see what you're saying, I just think that we are going to struggle against this vaunted defense, i have watched most of their games and it might not be too pretty, they are just beasts on D.

I expect it to be a hard fought physical game and if we do lose it will be off some blown coverage play like the jags game because this team does a game job playing at home.

The colts passing attack is better than the texans passing attack. What makes the texans so good is their running game and their defense. To me the passing attack is just average. Why do you think they had trouble against greenbay? The texans came out throwing in that game instead of running. They got away from who they are and got blown out.

The Colts are not close to being as good as the Texans in the EXECUTION of their scheme. We are improving every game I'll say that. You can quote what happened against Green Bay, but there aren't many teams that can take the Texans out of their running game. You can't judge their passing attack independent of the running game because the scheme is set up to where both go hand in hand. You can do that with our scheme because the passing attack can run well independent of the running attack in most cases. We are even better when we can run, but it's not totally necessary.

They are better at executing their scheme than us. Also their offensive line is better than ours which helps even more. Schaub is one of the least hit quarterbacks in the league. I think we should be a much more dominant passing attack but we haven't been due to execution. Our offensive line and quarterback have had issues on that front. We should be scoring much more than we have. We are slowly getting there though!

I have no idea what Andrew's numbers will be.

But this feels very much to me like a pick 'em type of game. Perhaps a late field goal by either team wins it.

I do think we've seen in the past two weeks that we have to make a commitment to running the ball. I think it makes Luck more effective when we have a running game. So, while we don't have to churn out 150 yards, I'm hopeful we find a way to slug our way to at least 100. We have to make Miami respect the run game.

If we can do that Luck stands a good chance of leading us to victory....

That's my hope and I'm sticking to it.... :thmup:

Luck 23 of 38 for 294 yards 1 touchdown passing 1 running

Ballard 20 carries 68 yards 1 touchdown rushing at the Goal Line

Carter 4 carries for 16 yards

Adam V 2 field goals 38 yarder and 40 yarder

Tannehill is made to look like an all pro going 26 of 35 for 2 touchdowns 0 picks

Bush 125 yards rushing 1 touchdown

That is why he never replied back to me about that comment. He replied to me about the second half of it though.

Non running? Last time I checked Tannehill is just as mobile as Luck but never has to run. Tannehill spent most of his years playing football as a WR. Guess that wouldn't enable him to be a running QB would it?

Hey, Dolphin fans.. Happy Anniversary. It's been almost 30 years since you went to a Super Bowl. 1984 Marino vs Montanna. Yep, you lost. The average Dolphin fan has never even witnessed it's team win a Super Bowl. Meanwhile, our current Colts team has players on it that have actually WON a Super Bowl in this decade. So, I am predicting that our winning mentality and experience will put us ahead of you for the wildcard spot when it comes down to it. I apologize in advance. Oh, yeah...and the fact that our QB is way better.

And you guys get on us for seeming cocky? Being the fact that if it wasn't for Manning, a player who isn't even currently a Colt, you as well would be most irrelevant in Super bowl conversations. I respect Manning to the highest level for his playing ability and overall actions on and off the field. However, being that you all have had a franchise QB for a while now and Miami hasn't had one since Marino is probably the main difference. Need I remind you of a perfect season? Sure it was 1972 but let's see your franchise go out and chase that statistic...

does anyone feels that phins fans are acting like their team is a superbowl contender?

Actually to say that about us is practically just the same as saying it about yourselves. Dolphins fans hopes, or atleast mine, reach no further than a Wild Card spot. But frankly no team is a super bowl contender till the playoffs start. Everyone right now should be considered a playoff contender at best.

The Colts are not close to being as good as the Texans in the EXECUTION of their scheme. We are improving every game I'll say that. You can quote what happened against Green Bay, but there aren't many teams that can take the Texans out of their running game. You can't judge their passing attack independent of the running game because the scheme is set up to where both go hand in hand. You can do that with our scheme because the passing attack can run well independent of the running attack in most cases. We are even better when we can run, but it's not totally necessary.

They are better at executing their scheme than us. Also their offensive line is better than ours which helps even more. Schaub is one of the least hit quarterbacks in the league. I think we should be a much more dominant passing attack but we haven't been due to execution. Our offensive line and quarterback have had issues on that front. We should be scoring much more than we have. We are slowly getting there though!

thats why I said our passing attack was better than the texans because it can function well even without much of a running game like the patriots and greenbay while the texans rely more on the run to set up the pass. The texans are better at executing than us hence why they only lost once.

thats why I said our passing attack was better than the texans because it can function well even without much of a running game like the patriots and greenbay while the texans rely more on the run to set up the pass. The texans are better at executing than us hence why they only lost once.

I think our scheme is better than theirs Xs and Os wise, but they have been better at executing what they do. With that said, I really liked what I saw out of Luck and the offense today. Making major strides every game!