Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

nobody should be stunned-some random thoughts.....

Jules

We have a fanbase who screamed how bad we were after the Jags game and after the Packers game was making up playoff scenarios. Sigh.

We as fans (not everyone) show as much inconsistency as this team.

Keep in mind this team is still young, still learning and the season at times might be a roller coaster ride, especially on the road.......

I don't like the Jets. And I hate that this is happening. I hate that we are making the Jets of all teams look GOOD when I don't believe they truly are. But, at the same time they are a professional football team as well who needs the win.

I said after the Packers game about the Pack is they can't just show up and expect to win because they have Aaron Rodgers or glossy stats from the year before. We can't just show up and expect to win either.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jet's haven't been able to move an inch on the ground against anyone else.

To be fair I think they wiped the floor with the Bills. They did score some against Houston.

They got epically stuffed by the 49ers but IMO that might be the best team in football.......

Most the scores against the Texans were on D , and Buffalo is really bad.

Yeah we lost and got our butts kicked. At the same time I am not sure it is shocking either to me. We need to avoid getting too high with the highs and low with the lows.

I think today was an emotional letdown too for the team. I didn't think it would happen but I think this fear was in the back of some of our minds.

The Colts have a lot of work to do and growing to do. I don't think they are as good as they showed in the second half vs. the Pack or as bad as they showed today.

Lol love seeing all the crazy fan reactions... I will say this though luck has to be more accurate with his passes

Yeah...it's sad to see all the 'sky is falling' overreactions. What did people really expect? This season is more about subtle growth than it is wins and losses.

Just saw Luck is 19/40.

Oh gee, here comes 7 more points.

Thats another issue. We have no balance quite often. Luckily last week we were playing another team who nobody respects the run against.

People here always say they want Luck to throw it so many times and the offense to be aggressive. We need to be more balanced too......

Lol love seeing all the crazy fan reactions... I will say this though luck has to be more accurate with his passes

yep after weeks of under throwing guys the past couple of weeks he's been over throwing guys. It's a process. I think at times we don't so much forget Luck is a rookie we forget what we should honestly expect from a rookie QB. This is normal but you are right he needs to work on being more accurate. I know there were a lot of drops today but there were also a lot of poor throws by Luck as well.

Said it last week and it rings true still:

Look, we're still an 8-8 team. And mainly because of Luck. With our blocking, or attempts to block, it's really an insult to call it blocking, we're going to get the kid hurt. Then what? We can't run with any kind of consistency, and we've not seen great things out of our defense as of yet. Yesterday (The Packers win) was an "Any given Sunday" moment, but the truth is coming to light that the Packers aren't as good a team as they have been the past 2 seasons.

It was a nice win for all the right reasons, but to act like this team is void of issue and playoff bound is still crazy.

Not surprised at all. i know the Jets were not as bad as the media was trying to make them out to be. they needed to figure things out SUCKS it seems to be this week. i am sure they will lose by 30 next week thats what bugs me. i have hated the Jets since that 41-0 playoff loss.

I'm not going to watch ESPN at ALL this week.

Meh doesn't matter. They will forget all about us again soon and go back to hyping up the Jets/Pats game next weekend even though we know the Pats will likely roll the Jets.

The media just likes what is hot at the moment. If it isn't RG3 a few times and anything he does it's the Colts big comeback and Pagano last week. Now it is the fall of the Pack but if the Pack win tonight they will be league darlings again. If the Broncos win in SD they will be declared Kings again. Or vice versa for SD is they win.

And right now Atlanta is getting all it can handle from the Raiders after people claiming that the Falcons were the team to beat and Matt Ryan the best.

I would avoid ESPN in general.

Yeah...it's sad to see all the 'sky is falling' overreactions. What did people really expect? This season is more about subtle growth than it is wins and losses.

It sure is, if the colts were a consistent team then talking about playoffs wouldn't be bad but this team is too inconsistent and the colts showed today that they are.

Meh doesn't matter. They will forget all about us again soon and go back to hyping up the Jets/Pats game next weekend even though we know the Pats will likely roll the Jets.

The media just likes what is hot at the moment. If it isn't RG3 a few times and anything he does it's the Colts big comeback and Pagano last week. Now it is the fall of the Pack but if the Pack win tonight they will be league darlings again. If the Broncos win in SD they will be declared Kings again. Or vice versa for SD is they win.

And right now Atlanta is getting all it can handle from the Raiders after people claiming that the Falcons were the team to beat and Matt Ryan the best.

I would avoid ESPN in general.

OH!!! the Jets are now a threat for the number one seed after this win SOMEONE on espn will say that. Some one will also say the jets should never punt again as well.

Yeah we lost and got our butts kicked. At the same time I am not sure it is shocking either to me. We need to avoid getting too high with the highs and low with the lows.

I think today was an emotional letdown too for the team. I didn't think it would happen but I think this fear was in the back of some of our minds.

The Colts have a lot of work to do and growing to do. I don't think they are as good as they showed in the second half vs. the Pack or as bad as they showed today.

No they have too many guys on an already thin roster either hurt or not playing 100 percent, I would agree there. The NFL is so even, mediocre, parity, whatever word you use it's hard to tell what's gonna happen.

yep after weeks of under throwing guys the past couple of weeks he's been over throwing guys. It's a process. I think at times we don't so much forget Luck is a rookie we forget what we should honestly expect from a rookie QB. This is normal but you are right he needs to work on being more accurate. I know there were a lot of drops today but there were also a lot of poor throws by Luck as well.

I think as a rookie the colts need to NOT try and put soo much on Andrew, he's not Peyton Manning and no one cares about a photographic memory if you can't complete passes... they need to try and make things easier for him

OH!!! the Jets are now a threat for the number one seed after this win SOMEONE on espn will say that. Some one will also say the jets should never punt again as well.

The Jet's will be back to square one after the Pats destroy them again next week, count on it.

It sure is, if the colts were a consistent team then talking about playoffs wouldn't be bad but this team is too inconsistent and the colts showed today that they are.

All this should underscore the greatness of PM . He literally had to score on most drives, with a defense that couldn't get off the field, and be darn near perfect in the red zone in order for the Colt's to win.

I think as a rookie the colts need to NOT try and put soo much on Andrew, he's not Peyton Manning and no one cares about a photographic memory if you can't complete passes... they need to try and make things easier for him

They have they tried to stick with the run how long today even though it was clear it was not producing the results they needed. They also called up a lot of short passes and screens today. I don't know what else you can do to take less off his shoulders if they don't have other things they can lean on namely the ground game.

We won ugly last week. We put up points but we were in a lot of 3rd and long situations that we got lucky and converted on. Not at all surprising that we came crashing back down to earth this week. Lots of injuries on the defense so they get a pass, but the offense was a total mess. Seriously, Arians needs to hand over the ground game scheming. He's the most uncreative coordinator I've seen when it comes to run schemes. How many times can you run straight up the gut for 0-2 yard gains before you get the hint WE CAN'T BLOCK!! mix it up a little, sheesh

Not surprised at all. i know the Jets were not as bad as the media was trying to make them out to be. they needed to figure things out SUCKS it seems to be this week. i am sure they will lose by 30 next week thats what bugs me. i have hated the Jets since that 41-0 playoff loss.

That 41-0 game was the perfect storm for the Jet's . If I remember right, the Jets got killed by the Raiders the next week after being annointed the SB favorites after the thrashing of the Colt's. I bet they get killed by the Pats too. They never can keep it up . That fluke SB win over the Colt's is still about the only thing of note they have ever done. Colt's win that game 9 out of 10 easy, maybe more. A lot of the older Colt's fans from the Bmore days, still wonder if it was fixed.

Bad game from Luck. For this team to be successful, he needs to dramatically improve his accuracy and cut out the turnovers.

The defense was terrible as well.

Look, he had a bad game, but with that much blitzing and our inability to block, you can't blame it on him near as much as the guys in front of him not doing their jobs.

This is especially true on 3rd down. Far too often on 3rd and short the past two weeks, he's been looking 10-15 yards down the field. Give him some easy, quick release throws on 3rd down. I'm not down on Arians, but he's not Manning when it comes to play calling.

That 41-0 game was the perfect storm for the Jet's . If I remember right, the Jets got killed by the Raiders the next week after being annointed the SB favorites after the thrashing of the Colt's. I bet they get killed by the Pats too. They never can keep it up . That fluke SB win over the Colt's is still about the only thing of note they have ever done. Colt's win that game 9 out of 10 easy, maybe more. A lot of the older Colt's fans from the Bmore days, still wonder if it was fixed.

I agree Pats put it on NYJ next week. which is really what irritates me about todays loss. we came out very flat not executing at all.