Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

nobody should be stunned-some random thoughts.....

Jules

I'm sorry I just don't see it. I don't believe in Vic Ballard. I'm not saying anything about the offensive line, there were enough opportunities to move the chains in my opinion. Ballard has not proven he can make any plays. I feel like the OL gave him enough room to do something on more than one occasion. He either did not choose the right hole or he could not stay on his feet long enough to get to the right place. I did not see where it was the fault of the OL. I think if Donald Brown played, he would have taken advantage of some of those opportunities to move the chains. Carter did ok, but there was not enough from him either.

I'm also sick of watching us passing the ball on the goal line. One of these backs needs to be able to punch it in.

I wasn't trying to stick up for Ballard I was just pointing out they tried to run the ball and stuck with it it just wasn't producing the results they needed. I think you can blame the line and Ballard for that. There were a couple of times the back was getting hit in the backfield when he got the handoff too that goes on the line. So the line isn't completely blameless but I agree with you I think if Brown was there he would have done better but he should do better there is a reason why he is the starter.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the game would be closer but am not surprised that the Jets won. They have beaten the Colts before, so I didn't expect this to be an easy game to win. Were the Jets really that bad, or the other teams good? Maybe last week's win agains the Packers was just a fluke or maybe Luck. (Little play on words there.)

Have to take it game by game. I just hope that the Colts win a few more games this season so they can have a better record than last year.

I thought that the game would be closer but am not surprised that the Jets won. They have beaten the Colts before, so I didn't expect this to be an easy game to win. Were the Jets really that bad, or the other teams good? Maybe last week's win agains the Packers was just a fluke or maybe Luck. (Little play on words there.)

Have to take it game by game. I just hope that the Colts win a few more games this season so they can have a better record than last year.

Well they only need to win one more game to do that and I would say the odds are in favor to win one of our last 11 games.

I wasn't trying to stick up for Ballard I was just pointing out they tried to run the ball and stuck with it it just wasn't producing the results they needed. I think you can blame the line and Ballard for that. There were a couple of times the back was getting hit in the backfield when he got the handoff too that goes on the line. So the line isn't completely blameless but I agree with you I think if Brown was there he would have done better but he should do better there is a reason why he is the starter.

I know you were not sticking up for him. I was just ranting my thoughts on the running game.

My random thoughts.

4 or 5 starters out on Defense, there's the majority of the story.

Did Luck complete a pass on the run? The WRs didn't help, but the pitch catch was bad.

2 pick sixs that came back, it seems like he's had one int in every game called back.

74# got whipped in the second half.

My Random thoughts:

1.) We were a 2-14 team last year. We've previously consistently drafted at the end of every round. We can't expect things to turn around after one draft at the #1 spot.

2.) We are a similar team to last year. We can't stop the run, and we can't run the ball on offense.

3.) Last year, we didn't have a good QB. This year we do, and we will win games when he plays good, and lose games when he plays bad. The surrounding cast and defense is not good enough to overcome bad games by Luck. We live and die by Luck, at this point.