Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PLEASE ALLOW LUCK TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE..

Michael Lebron

NO I am not overreacting, NO I am not going to bash the coaching staff, NO I am not makeing excuses for the lost. However what I will do is stress why we need to turn LUCK loose!!! I know many of you will stress he threw the ball 46 times.(bah, bah, bah) However I am not concerned with only the volume in which we pass the ball, I am more so concened with what we do with those pass attempts.

1.Have we not look good when we stretched the field with 4 & 5 wides? (show it more often)

2. Luck has found room running the ball when we were in shotgun & 4&5 wide sets....(Seems to see the field better and allows tims for our receivers to get open down the field)

3. Donald tends break his bigger runs after we have went down the field a few times (via draws)

4. Every time we are in a 2 minute hurry up style offense, we produce plays. WHY NOT MORE.. (especially coming out of halftime we our offense has stalled)

5. Our lineman are beat up and not cohesive at the moment......however they are doing a decent job in pass protection. So pass until it until they stop it! Our running game is not setting up the pass...stop saying it! (Luck was our leading rusher)

6. I feel as if we are trying to ease LUCK into the fire! If we are going to lose a game, I rather lose with our best player being aggressive down the field. (OUR STRONGEST POSITION OUR RECEIVERS AND TIGHT ENDS)

7. TY is poised for stardom, Donnie is back to his old self, and REGGIE IS REGGIE.... AIR IR OUT!

LET THE MAN BE THE FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK HE IS PLEASE.

NO I am not overreacting, NO I am not going to bash the coaching staff, NO I am not makeing excuses for the lost. However what I will do is stress why we need to turn LUCK loose!!! I know many of you will stress he threw the ball 46 times.(bah, bah, bah) However I am not concerned with only the volume in which we pass the ball, I am more so concened with what we do with those pass attempts.

1.Have we not look good when we stretched the field with 4 & 5 wides? (show it more often)

2. Luck has found room running the ball when we were in shotgun & 4&5 wide sets....(Seems to see the field better and allows tims for our receivers to get open down the field)

3. Donald tends break his bigger runs after we have went down the field a few times (via draws)

4. Every time we are in a 2 minute hurry up style offense, we produce plays. WHY NOT MORE.. (especially coming out of halftime we our offense has stalled)

5. Our lineman are beat up and not cohesive at the moment......however they are doing a decent job in pass protection. So pass until it until they stop it! Our running game is not setting up the pass...stop saying it! (Luck was our leading rusher)

6. I feel as if we are trying to ease LUCK into the fire! If we are going to lose a game, I rather lose with our best player being aggressive down the field. (OUR STRONGEST POSITION OUR RECEIVERS AND TIGHT ENDS)

7. TY is poised for stardom, Donnie is back to his old self, and REGGIE IS REGGIE.... AIR IR OUT!

Guessing you listen to the games on the radio. Your QB had loads of time to throw wherever he wanted and he just isn`t very good yet because he isn`t an accurate thrower. He Should be better in year two and beyond. As you get older and you learn more about the game this will start to make more sense.

Thanks, I'll pass on that.

Doing that is an open invitation to getting Luck killed. If we make ourselves one dimensional for the entire game, or at least, emphasize the pass much more and de-emphasize the run even more, then you've made us more predictable and put Luck at more risk.

Our OL, which is not a good pass blocking line will have it hands full with teams blitzing and trying everything to get Luck.

And for what? We're not making the playoffs this year.

I'm playing odds and percentages here. Your plan MIGHT work. But the downside for me is way too much of a risk, and the upside for me is not high enough to make it worth the risk.

So, I'll pass and stick with what we've got..... yes, even as bad as it is. I'll hope the team gels and plays better as the season goes on.....

And I realize mine might not be a popular view around here...

More aggressive? You mean, like letting him throw on 1st and 10 with a two score lead, which results in him ripping the ball downfield for an easy interception? Like that?

I'm not down on Luck; he's a rookie, and picks are going to happen. I'm just down on the premise that we should hand him the keys to the car and let the offense ride on his shoulders. We're already giving him a bunch of opportunity to make plays (he's averaging 41 passes per game, for crying out loud). He's on pace for 4,500 yards. I don't know how much more aggressive you want him to be, or why you want that.

I could understand running the ball once in that situation, but Jacksonville KNEW what we were doing. Three straight run plays that ate up a whole 10 seconds was not the way to go. I definitely think there should of been a PA pass to Allen or Fleener in the end zone at one point.

Jacksonville didnt know squat, the colts just arent good at run blocking yet... In time though that line will look good

Fourth in attempts after three weeks. Take away Luck's 80 yards rushing, and the running backs have under 200 yards in three games. That, as an aside, makes Luck the second leading rusher on the team. Add to that future opponents like the Packers, Patriots, Texans, and others who the Colts could well (likely will) trail most of the game (as was the case in the Bears game already), and Luck might break the record for rookie attempts in a season (590 Stafford, 37 a game, Luck is just under 41 so far...). I'm not sure the Colts could let Luck have any more pressure, throw the ball more, put the offense in his hands any more than they already have, and likely will for the rest of the season. One last tidbit. The Colts led Sunday's game for over 36 minutes, so Luck's 46 attempts were in a game the Colts led for more time than they trailed. Say what you'd like about the play calling, but the fact that Luck threw 46 times in a game which the Colts controlled for most of the afternoon, I'd say he's tossing it around about as much as any QB is on any team. If the issue is really the three runs and field goal, well, that's why Pagano gets paid the big bucks. Traded Jags timeouts for a one point lead with 56 seconds left. That can be debated forever. But I don't see how the Colts could make Luck any more a part of the offense, place any more pressure on a kid with three games under his belt. I'd say they've let him loose, partly because they've had to, partly because so far they can't run the ball with any consistancy.

Fourth in attempts after three weeks. Take away Luck's 80 yards rushing, and the running backs have under 200 yards in three games. That, as an aside, makes Luck the second leading rusher on the team. Add to that future opponents like the Packers, Patriots, Texans, and others who the Colts could well (likely will) trail most of the game (as was the case in the Bears game already), and Luck might break the record for rookie attempts in a season (590 Stafford, 37 a game, Luck is just under 41 so far...). I'm not sure the Colts could let Luck have any more pressure, throw the ball more, put the offense in his hands any more than they already have, and likely will for the rest of the season. One last tidbit. The Colts led Sunday's game for over 36 minutes, so Luck's 46 attempts were in a game the Colts led for more time than they trailed. Say what you'd like about the play calling, but the fact that Luck threw 46 times in a game which the Colts controlled for most of the afternoon, I'd say he's tossing it around about as much as any QB is on any team. If the issue is really the three runs and field goal, well, that's why Pagano gets paid the big bucks. Traded Jags timeouts for a one point lead with 56 seconds left. That can be debated forever. But I don't see how the Colts could make Luck any more a part of the offense, place any more pressure on a kid with three games under his belt. I'd say they've let him loose, partly because they've had to, partly because so far they can't run the ball with any consistancy.

blueribbon.jpg

I could understand running the ball once in that situation, but Jacksonville KNEW what we were doing. Three straight run plays that ate up a whole 10 seconds was not the way to go. I definitely think there should of been a PA pass to Allen or Fleener in the end zone at one point.

Remember when tried to let Luck throw on a key third down last week against the Vikings? What happened? A 22 yard sack that completely changed the field poistion. I am not saying history would have repeated it's self but Luck is a rookie and rookies are prone to mistakes. He's not Peyton Manning back there yet, he's impressive no question but he's still a rookie. Also I would be willing to bet had we let Luck throw the ball and had it been incomplete or worse yet picked off and we lost the game fans would be on here screaming about how dumb the coaches were for not making the Jags use their time outs and killing the clock. It's one of those things that if what you did didn't work it's extremely easy to say you should have done the other thing with little to no proof that had you done the other thing that it would have worked. People are mad we lost the game I get that but this need to have someone held accountable after a loss is getting a bit out of hand. Sometimes things just don't go your way remember the Jags got paid to play on Sunday too.

No worries guys. We will get some game eventually where Luck and our offense have an offensive explosion. Win or lose by the Colts when this happens, I think we have yet to even come close to tapping into the potential.

Patience. This is the 2012 Colts not the 2005 version.