Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie, Sims, Harris And Anderson.......

ColtsHoosiersBB

...all practiced Monday. I am really intrigued at what the 3 new guys can do in

the next preseason game. Sims has been said to hit like a freight train,Harris

is said to possibly make the roster and Anderson is a question mark on his play.

Out of the three, Sims makes the team for sure. A Hard hitting LB is what the

Colts need.

I think the approval is a good idea, even if anderson hasnt played in any games i still think he will make the team just for the fact that he's a run stopper and the colts desperately need that, he's bigger than the last aqquired DE from the panthers and younger. Definitely looking to see what simms can do though, he's like a bigger bob sanders.

Phil B Wilson also suggested recently that Blair White should be ready to come off the PUP list this week. White even hinted at being ready to play against the Pack, although that seems ambitious.

There have been many preseason injuries that were season-ending. The Colts, knock on wood, have been pretty lucky so far.

Phil B Wilson also suggested recently that Blair White should be ready to come off the PUP list this week. White even hinted at being ready to play against the Pack, although that seems ambitious.

There have been many preseason injuries that were season-ending. The Colts, knock on wood, have been pretty lucky so far.

Elaborate on White's injury please. I missed what was wrong with him.

Living in Philly I remember saying " Ernie who ? " when the Eagle signed Sims . We should temper the excitemment a little . Sims , while a quality player is a bologna sandwich & not cavier . I was checking the defensive rankings for 2010 & 214 players ranked highter in tackles . Granted , it was a new team & a new system & this style may be a better fit . He's a nice player . Nothing special .

Living in Philly I remember saying " Ernie who ? " when the Eagle signed Sims . We should temper the excitemment a little . Sims , while a quality player is a bologna sandwich & not cavier . I was checking the defensive rankings for 2010 & 214 players ranked highter in tackles . Granted , it was a new team & a new system & this style may be a better fit . He's a nice player . Nothing special .

I'll take a nice player. He was out of place in the Eagles blitz happy system. Certainly a good insurance policy, but I expect him to start opening day.

I agree I don't think he's going to be the end all be all but I do think he could be a nice pick up based on what I heard from camp. I do want to see what he can do on the field though.

Back issue

Back issue I am not so sure the Colts aren't going to stretch into putting him on IR. You can make a case we don't need him this season and he could very well end up cut if we don't put him on IR but with Wayne, Garcon, and Gonzo all free agents at the end of the year we are probably going to need him next year.

Back issue I am not so sure the Colts aren't going to stretch into putting him on IR. You can make a case we don't need him this season and he could very well end up cut if we don't put him on IR but with Wayne, Garcon, and Gonzo all free agents at the end of the year we are probably going to need him next year.

I believe polian said wayne mathis and another person are suppose to get new contracts later if not after the season ends, cause i remember wayne and mathis saying how great of a team player manning is.

Before he got moved to a new system, he was actually developing into a really nice player. First two years he led the Lions in tackling, if I remember correctly.

The problem was, he got switched out of the Tampa 2.

Guess what? We run the Tampa 2.

My impression has been that Sims and Anderson possess a proven skill set that fits the Colts needs. Harris, on the other hand, sounds like a one trick pony who lost his trick. Unless the injury reports were grossly over-stated, I don't see how there is room for him.

Of course Kentwan Balmer, another former first round d-lineman was just released by Seattle. What the heck - try them all on for size.

I have thought of that but aren't there are some ramifications of putting a player on IR who will be healthy in season? Also why would White say he should be returning soon if the IR was a consideration.

I have thought of that but aren't there are some ramifications of putting a player on IR who will be healthy in season? Also why would White say he should be returning soon if the IR was a consideration.

i dont recall the colts saying anything about white going on IR, i actually heard he was getting healthy and should be back for the game after the packers game.

I think we have to keep Harris regardless. The guy can still play. I found this article from when the Bears cut him.

"This season, he was benched for "production reasons" during the Bears' first game against the Packers. Matt Toeaina filled in well and had a much lower price tag than Harris. Though Harris had a good post-season -- he notched 1.5 sacks against Seahawks -- it wasn't enough. His large contract and lack of production were enough reason for the Bears to let him go.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/Bears-Cut-Harris-Hillenmeyer-Shaffer-117080138.html#ixzz1W0UM856o"

He doesn't have to be a full time starter for us since we have Nevis, Moala, Johnson, and Matthews. The fact he had a good playoff showing is a reason we should keep him. We could really use his pass rushing ability come playoff time. If he gets cut I will be upset. I really like Simms too, and the prospect of Anderson as well.

Anyone else desperately hoping we keep Harris around? He's the only prove pro bowl caliber defensive tackle we have on our team. He proved he can still play in the playoffs last year. He just was overpriced for a guy who is better being a situational player. He isn't full time material, but we really need his ability to demand double teams and collapse pockets and break blocks.