Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears vs colts (what bears fans think)

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Originally Posted by AmericanPitBull

"Luck throws 3 picks."

"Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Luck will be over-matched in his first real NFL game."

haha they wouldn't be surprised at all?I do expect a loss, but seriously? Not saying it isn't possible, it's (relatively) very possible, but I find Bears fans are very over-confident. Looking through their forums, it appears many fans are still butthurt after the SB whooping we gave 'em. Plentry of Indy hate, can't say I blame them, they're taking an opportunity to kick us while we're down.

Maybe if they where smart enough to fill out a butthurt form with all the required information, federal or state government assistance would help ease their hardship for the Super Bowl loss.

Bears D isn't what it once was. Their O line is porous and we have a couple of elite pass rushers. Cutler makes dumb mistakes after being put on the grass a couple times. If we can get them into some early third-and-longs and throw some well timed blitzes in the mix, they will be vulnerable. I know that our team is young, but Chicago lacks character IMO. If we can get some early points and a couple sparks on D, they will fold like a dinner napkin. I'm not saying that it will go down like that, but it would be a stellar way to kick off the new era Colts.

edit: oh and triple team Peppers if you have to, B.A.

I've even heard some fans saying this is going to be like a 5th preseason game for them. For them, the regular season starts next week in GB.

That's cold. I doubt the Bears players themselves feel like this, but if they do, they're not going to say it out loud lol. No need to give the underdog ammunition, because that often leads to upsets.

Their O line is porous and we have a couple of elite pass rushers.

Coming out of a 2 point stance is a bit different than a 3 point stance that Freeney and Mathis played their whole career in. However they each have enough raw athletic ability that if anyone can pull off a seamless transition (as far as rushing the passer is concerned), its them. My personal view is that I wouldn't fear them as much as if they were still playing with their hands in the dirt in a 4-3. But, that's not saying I'd discount them altogether - I'd definitely make it a point to know where they are and chip them when possible with a back or TE. The colts need to get pressure up the middle.

That's cold. I doubt the Bears players themselves feel like this, but if they do, they're not going to say it out loud lol. No need to give the underdog ammunition, because that often leads to upsets.

There's no way the players are taking us lightly. It's the NFL and anything can happen.

I seem to remember a few years back a rookie QB in Atlanta, leading a team, that for the most part had been blown up, to victory over an overconfident Chicago Team. I may just be fabricating memories to make myself feel better, but I'm pretty sure if Matty Ice can school the Bear's D, Andrew Luck has a pretty good shot at it as well. Go Colts! 24 - 20 Colts.

I think the chances are good the Colts will lose but this game is winnable. They have a good receiving corps with Marshall and Jeffrey and Hester has to be accounted for even if he's not a great route runner. The two head back attack of Forte and Bush will where down any D but Cutler is not a good QB, he is a momentum QB. If things are going well then he will play well but if a couple of things go wrong, he unravels very quickly. The key will be in the game to design some plays that early on have a guy coming free and hitting Cutler, hard forcing him to throw before he wants. A pick would be great but a near pick will have the same affect on his mentality in the game. I know a lot of that is cliche but some QBs shake off stuff like that and some dwell on it. Cutler is the type to dwell on it.

Defensively the Bears are not as tough as they used to be. Their front four is excellent even beyond Peppers. The LBers are good (I don't expect Urlacher to be 100%) and IMO Briggs has been just a good LB for a few years now. Don't know much abut Roach, he seems good against the run but not great in pass coverage. The secondary however is pretty weak which, if the Colts oline can protect for about 2.5 seconds, the speed of the receivers should be able to take advantage of that secondary. I've watched all the Bears games from this preseason (Thank you Preseason Live) and Tillman has lost a couple of steps. I bet they try to match him up on Wayne most of the game and Wayne can really take advantage of him, IMO. I personally like Jennings (a lot of Colts fans gave him a raw deal because they did not understand his role) but if Collie is playing then Jennings won't be able to keep up with him as he cuts, but if he goes up against Avery or Hilton he should do okay. Neither safety is anything special. Both seem good against the run and good against the pass but neither are great in anything.

Coaches always say that most games come down to 5 or 6 plays. If 3 of those plays goes for the Bears then they will score 24-31 points and the Colts will score 14-17. If 3 of those plays go for the Colts then the Colts should score 17-24 and the Bears 10-17.

That's my take anyways.

agreed... and I think this is possible. Lets just hope they don't go three wide and abuse Justin King if we are unable to get to Cutler early.

If the Bears go 3 and 4 wide all that does is put us in nickel and dime which means Freeney and Mathis gets to put their hand in the dirt and rush the passer like they are used to. Bump and run coverage from time to time which gives Freeney and Mathis a little extra time and hit home with their pass rush( but the coverage has to hold up really Cutler 1st and 2nd reads has to be covered well for them to hit home)

If the Bears go 3 and 4 wide all that does is put us in nickel and dime which means Freeney and Mathis gets to put their hand in the dirt and rush the passer like they are used to. Bump and run coverage from time to time which gives Freeney and Mathis a little extra time and hit home with their pass rush( but the coverage has to hold up really Cutler 1st and 2nd reads has to be covered well for them to hit home)

They may spread it out some, but I think we'll see more multiple TE formations than the Bears did under Martz, and they can run/throw effectively out of those personnel groupings as well. If I was Chicago, I'd pressure the LBs in coverage and run it between the tackles. Get the ground game going early, then lots of play-action - force Freeney and Mathis to play disciplined and not just pin their ears back and go after Cutler. Just my opinion.