Interesting topic

CR91

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

First, they fire Pagano. 

Second, get a new HC - he'll basically decide what he needs. Probably one of Ballard's hand picks.

Third, since we'll end up having the top three picks, trade the pick and pick up a bundle of draft picks and surround Luck with some playmakers, especially on the defense....Contemplating trading luck and get more draft picks, but since Luck is establish NFL QB it probably won't happen.

A bundle of draft picks? :spit:

19 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Trading back for "bounty of draft picks" would be the best case scenario for the Colts.

There is so much we don't know at this point - about Andrew Luck's progress, and about the potential of current players - to make any guess at the future.

4 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

You trade Andrew Luck, it'll be the worst move you'll ever make.

There's nobody like Luck.

There's nobody in college even close to being as good as Luck.

Once in a generation player.

I'd agree about your assessment of Andrew Luck. But, maybe, that is (was) part of the problem. The team over-relied on Luck to be the hero: "Relax, Andrew will save us from all our stupid mistakes". No one should be put in that position.

The Luck issue is spoken everywhere and one major issue long going as it is often sidestepped. That issue is the OL is still terrible as was pointed out yesterday when it was not side stepped. Elway is looking for a good QB and strong rumors are hinting Brees is playing his last year in New Orleans. If the sack count continues to be an embarrassment again at the end of this season Luck is too smart to not insist on a trade contract out the window.

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Luck issue is spoken everywhere and one major issue long going as it is often sidestepped. That issue is the OL is still terrible as was pointed out yesterday when it was not side stepped. Elway is looking for a good QB and strong rumors are hinting Brees is playing his last year in New Orleans. If the sack count continues to be an embarrassment again at the end of this season Luck is too smart to not insist on a trade contract out the window.

The media are the ones who bring this pile of horse dung into the picture and you step in it and drag it all over the place. You could at least clean your shoes before entering the house.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Luck is smart enough to know it doesn't work like that. Apparently not everyone is that smart and don't understand how contracts work. Every team without a franchise QB is looking for one. Elway is getting pretty good play from the QB position right now. I'm not sure he's looking at a 38 year old Brees or if Brees wants to keep playing. That's a lot of unrelated stuff you tossed together. 

The OL is not as bad as you want to believe it is. I am not going to bother trying to explain the variables you either get it you don't. We are going to get our starting C back here pretty quick. By the way he's pretty good and should be a stabilizing addition for the offensive unit.  

We are a young football team by design. That includes the OL. I'm not expecting anything major after just 2 games you shouldn't either. We have guys that can and need to play better.  When this season is over I expect we will make changes to different areas of this team. Ballard will do what needs to be done for the team to improve. Luck can be part of it or retire. Those are his choices and the extent of his power when it comes to playing football. 

Ok.  I'll clarify my thinking:

Luck has had a lacerated kidney, broken ribs, ruptured labrum, concussion, multiple beatings.  I believe he went to Irsay and told him he planned to retire.  I feel that Luck, Irsay, Ballard and Pagano are the only four who know the real story and they aren't talking. I think Irsay asked to him to stay on for the good of the team and community (gate receipts, concession jobs, downtown game day businesses,etc.).  Irsay's happy to pay him this year's salary while Luck thinks things through.  I believe Irsay stated earlier that Luck's shoulder is fine and that the trouble was with the four inches between his eyes (thus, retirement thoughts).  Andrew won't address the media because he is to upright and doesn't want to lie to the fan base regarding working out to get healthy, back to quarterbacking.   No person/team would leave their fan base uneasy with questions when the right thing to do would be to let Luck speak.  He doesn't want to; doesn't want to give the impression he plans on playing.  I thought Pagano was lying when he said he hadn't seen Luck throw a football.  I now believe he wasn't lying and he really hasn't seen him throw because he doesn't care to see him throw a football because he doesn't believe he'll be his quarterback going forward. Luck had simple arthroscopy surgery same as Brees.  He's young, he's healed. I think he's simply decided he's moving on in life.  I think in a few more weeks, Luck will go on season-ending PUP.  After the season we'll probably be reading rumors of Lucks intention to retire.  After the Superbowl, probably early March, the Colts will announce Luck's decision to retire due to health reasons.  Luck will probably marry his fiancee, move to her part of the country on the east coast, and look for a job with an architectural firm.  He probably has over $25M in investments from his rookie, 2016 contract ($22M), and this year's salary/upfront monies. He has plenty of money.  Time for other things in life.

Supposing what I've written is somewhat accurate, ll hope may not be lost.  Luck could always change his mind.

As Mr.Monk would say: "I could be wrong, but I don't think so."

4 minutes ago, Mister P said:

Luck has had a lacerated kidney, broken ribs, ruptured labrum, concussion, multiple beatings.  I believe he went to Irsay and told him he planned to retire.  I feel that Luck, Irsay, Ballard and Pagano are the only four who know the real story and they aren't talking. I think Irsay asked to him to stay on for the good of the team and community (gate receipts, concession jobs, downtown game day businesses,etc.).  Irsay's happy to pay him this year's salary while Luck thinks things through.  I believe Irsay stated earlier that Luck's shoulder is fine and that the trouble was with the four inches between his eyes (thus, retirement thoughts).  Andrew won't address the media because he is to upright and doesn't want to lie to the fan base regarding working out to get healthy, back to quarterbacking.   No person/team would leave their fan base uneasy with questions when the right thing to do would be to let Luck speak.  He doesn't want to; doesn't want to give the impression he plans on playing.  I thought Pagano was lying when he said he hadn't seen Luck throw a football.  I now believe he wasn't lying and he really hasn't seen him throw because he doesn't care to see him throw a football because he doesn't believe he'll be his quarterback going forward. Luck had simple arthroscopy surgery same as Brees.  He's young, he's healed. I think he's simply decided he's moving on in life.  I think in a few more weeks, Luck will go on season-ending PUP.  After the season we'll probably be reading rumors of Lucks intention to retire.  After the Superbowl, probably early March, the Colts will announce Luck's decision to retire due to health reasons.  Luck will probably marry his fiancee, move to her part of the country on the east coast, and look for a job with an architectural firm.  He probably has over $25M in investments from his rookie, 2016 contract ($22M), and this year's salary/upfront monies. He has plenty of money.  Time for other things in life.

Supposing what I've written is somewhat accurate, ll hope may not be lost.  Luck could always change his mind.

This is some of the most baseless nonsense I've ever read on this forum.   Congratulations

8 minutes ago, Mister P said:

You do realize you've created an entire Colts Soap Opera in your head, right?

Tune in next week for the shocking conclusion to "As The Football Turns"!!!

8 minutes ago, Mister P said:

Luck didn't enter the NFL to walk away without trying to win a super bowl. He has trained pretty much his whole life for that chance and he is not walking away till he has to.

I think you have way too much time on your hands if you sit around thinking this stuff up. There is a difference between fiction and none fiction and you seem to have a problem knowing the difference.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

If the sack count continues to be an embarrassment again at the end of this season Luck is too smart to not insist on a trade contract out the window.

And both irsay and Ballard would laugh in his face. The only way Luck can force his way out of the contract is by retiring. Period. End of story. 

When Luck returns everything is gonna be just fine we can even make the playoffs everyone needs to get off all this #1 pick crap gimmie a break, if u honestly think we can still end up with #1 pick this year when luck comes back then get outta here and troll somewhere else

9 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

You trade Andrew Luck, it'll be the worst move you'll ever make.

There's nobody like Luck.

There's nobody in college even close to being as good as Luck.

Once in a generation player.

not saying I want to trade luck, but sam is the closest thing we'll ever get to luck. Id rather keep luck, but keep in mind he holds all the cards. If luck feels the organization is not getting him the help he wants, he could orchestra a trade and force the colts hands

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

not saying I want to trade luck, but sam is the closest thing we'll ever get to luck. Id rather keep luck, but keep in mind he holds all the cards. If luck feels the organization is not getting him the help he wants, he could orchestra a trade and force the colts hands

No he can't,   this isn't the nba.  He isn't going anywhere for a long time.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I like Sam but he isn't anywhere near what Luck was in Luck's last season at Stanford. I have been watching him closely just to see how good he is. So far he has 7 TD's and 6 INT's and he got lucky to beat Texas last week.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

not saying I want to trade luck, but sam is the closest thing we'll ever get to luck.

Patience.  Luck has another 5+ years of being an elite QB.

By that time some kid that's in middle school right now could become the next Peyton Manning.

We've gotten Lucky twice, now.  Third time's the charm, right?  Maybe the guy that's going to break all of Mannings' and Bradys' records is alive and already playing football in middle school, and maybe, just maybe, he's a future Colt.

:clover:

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Patience.  Luck has another 5+ years of being an elite QB.

By that time some kid that's in middle school right now could become the next Peyton Manning.

We've gotten Lucky twice, now.  Third time's the charm, right?  Maybe the guy that's going to break all of Mannings' and Bradys' records is alive and already playing football in middle school, and maybe, just maybe, he's a future Colt.

:clover:

I am not sure why some people think Luck wont recover from his injuries. There has been no evidence saying he wont from any doctors, from his agent, from his dad, from Irsay. I think he will fully recover, he is still young and now that we have Ballard he will put a team around him. I can see Luck being great for the next 7-10 years actually.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Id rather keep luck, but keep in mind he holds all the cards. If luck feels the organization is not getting him the help he wants, he could orchestra a trade and force the colts hands

How does Luck hold all the cards?  He already signed the dotted line on that big contract.  I think the Colts hold all the cards.  If he doesn't want to play for the Colts (which is ludicrous, btw) what, exactly, are his options?  HOW is he going to orchestrate a trade?

Is he going to pull a Favre and retire, then come back?  Because that seemed to work out better for the Packers than it did for Favre.  And it would literally blow my mind if Andrew Luck actually did something like that.  He seems like THE MOST "stand-up" guy in the NFL, now that Tebow is out of the league.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

How does Luck hold all the cards?  He already signed the dotted line on that big contract.  I think the Colts hold all the cards.  If he doesn't want to play for the Colts (which is ludicrous, btw) what, exactly, are his options?  HOW is he going to orchestrate a trade?

Is he going to pull a Favre and retire, then come back?  Because that seemed to work out better for the Packers than it did for Favre.  And it would literally blow my mind if Andrew Luck actually did something like that.  He seems like THE MOST "stand-up" guy in the NFL, now that Tebow is out of the league.

The media is a strong poison. Some people believe everything they read.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure why some people think Luck wont recover from his injuries. There has been no evidence saying he wont from any doctors, from his agent, from his dad, from Irsay. I think he will fully recover, he is still young and now that we have Ballard he will put a team around him. I can see Luck being great for the next 7-10 years actually.

Yeah, we have time.  When you look at the rest of the league, we are actually probably in the top-3 as far as our QB situation.  There aren't too many QBs in the league as young AND as talented as Luck.  And QBs have more longevity than most other players, so we have the time to try and build around a franchise QB.

Patience.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah, we have time.  When you look at the rest of the league, we are actually probably in the top-3 as far as our QB situation.  There aren't too many QBs in the league as young AND as talented as Luck.  And QBs have more longevity than most other players, so we have the time to try and build around a franchise QB.

Patience.

I agree 100%.

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Im just playing devil's advocate. When healthy, luck is the best football player in the league skill wise.Any franchise will die to have him

Well why didn't you say so?  :D  Extra draft-capital is definitely appealing, don't get me wrong.  I bet Luck would fetch the highest price in draft-capital on the open market.  He's younger than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady.  He's a better all-around QB than Wilson, Carr, Ryan and Newton.  But we already have Luck, so we're one step ahead of everyone else as far as having an ideal franchise QB...  :dunno:

It's kinda like that ole "bird-in-the-hand, two-in-the-bush" dilemma.  The draft is just too much of a crap-shoot for me.  There are no guarantees that Darnold will be nearly as good as Luck has been up to this point in his career, or that the extra picks we might get would turn into good starting players on a SB team (with a rookie QB).

We know how good Luck is.  Even the biggest Debbie Downers in this forum have to acknowledge how much better he single-handedly makes this team.  We really do have the pieces in place to make next years' team a SB team.  Why blow it all up and start over with a new QB while Luck is still in his prime?