Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts to Share before Pres-Season WK #2

NewColtsFan

I think we're going to be a very difficult team to get a good read on for quite some time.      As long as Luck is out,  and Gore is being held out,  and the line is dealing with some pre-season dents and dings,    it's going to be a long stretch of very poor play.

We should brace ourselves for going 0-4 in the pre-season and looking terrible doing it.      I mean really terrible.     As the regular season starrts,  and Luck is still not playing, the media will predict us as having the worst team in the AFC South,  and we'll be predicted to be picking in the top-10 of the draft,  maybe even the top-5.

Personally,   I'm expecting Luck back in the regular season in week 3, at home vs. Cleveland.    If the injuries calm down and Luck still plays like Andrew Luck,  then the season will not be lost and we won't be anything like the disaster we'll look like in the pre-season and the first few weeks of the regular season.     We'll be a completely different team when he's back and the team gets healthy.

Until then,  I'd urge my friends here to stay calm....     it's going to be an ugly, wild ride for a while....    but when the ship gets righted,   then things will get better,  perhaps even much better.      But until then,  keep your powder dry....    our patience and sanity is going to be tested.....       we just have to get through this bad stretch....   and if we can,  then we should be OK.....

We now return you to our regularly scheduled panic attacks already in progress!         :HFire:

I agree.

I think for me now I'm just focusing on key individual performances. A player like Le'Raven Clark building on last year's late season form, WR's ranked 2-5 making plays and some of the rookies on defense like Wilson, Basham and Walker making the step up. When your starting QB, C and RB are not on the field it's just going to be disruptive.

Stuff like that. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think we're going to be a very difficult team to get a good read on for quite some time.      As long as Luck is out,  and Gore is being held out,  and the line is dealing with some pre-season dents and dings,    it's going to be a long stretch of very poor play.

We should brace ourselves for going 0-4 in the pre-season and looking terrible doing it.      I mean really terrible.     As the regular season starrts,  and Luck is still not playing, the media will predict us as having the worst team in the AFC South,  and we'll be predicted to be picking in the top-10 of the draft,  maybe even the top-5.

Personally,   I'm expecting Luck back in the regular season in week 3, at home vs. Cleveland.    If the injuries calm down and Luck still plays like Andrew Luck,  then the season will not be lost and we won't be anything like the disaster we'll look like in the pre-season and the first few weeks of the regular season.     We'll be a completely different team when he's back and the team gets healthy.

Until then,  I'd urge my friends here to stay calm....     it's going to be an ugly, wild ride for a while....    but when the ship gets righted,   then things will get better,  perhaps even much better.      But until then,  keep your powder dry....    our patience and sanity is going to be tested.....       we just have to get through this bad stretch....   and if we can,  then we should be OK.....

We now return you to our regularly scheduled panic attacks already in progress!         :HFire:

That's this teams problem its centered on one guy they need to get rid of Tolzien.

I equate it to renovating a house: at first, it's a mess, with rubble everywhere. It stinks and the Mrs. is complaining about the dust and debris.

But the foundation is made level, walls are built, the new electrical, plumbing and HVAC are installed, walls are painted and finally the shiny new appliances and fixtures are put in their place.

As Colts fans, we may have to bare the stings of National analysts and some fellow fans who do not believe there is hope for this year. But this thing could come together, if Luck returns healthy, the Oline and defense gel and the run game takes a leap forward. I'm hoping until there is no longer a reason to hope that the house will be solid and this year will be the start of something special. GO COLTS!!!

I agree we have to tolerate media buffoons pathetic comments it's been going on for years. This team is just as good as any team out there, I was watching TB vs. Jacksonville and I sure am glad I'm not a fan of either of those teams as I would quit watching football. Tonights game won't be fun to watch because we will get killed and the media fools will attack the Colts and heap tons of praise on the cowsucks, a team that in 2015 won what- 4 games I think, and now I hear they go 3 deep on the depth chart at every posistion hahahaha. How can the cowsucks have such a miraculous turn around but the Colts can't?????

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have the same feeling that things could be ugly on the offense as they work through OL and QB issues.  I'll be watching for signs of hope on the OL in the preseason, as my biggest doubts are with the OL. Of course preseason wins are meaningless, but you hope to see signs of progress with the weaker areas of the team.

I'll also be watching for signs of something special developing on the defensive side.  I'm somewhat optimistic that the defensive is going to show significant improvement and may emerge as an exciting unit as the season progresses.

My gut feeling is that the defense will be a pleasant surprise this year and we might be asking ourselves 'what might have been' had the offense been healthy early in the season.

Yeah, I knew our offense would look bad without Luck in preseason, especially with our O-line having some injuries. At the very least I don't expect our run game to look very good at all, it's tough to run behind a lot of these backups and 3rd stringers.

But if the first game is anything to go by it should be fun watching our defense. I've never really followed a preseason game more closely than last week, mainly the defense. There are just so many young guys to watch.

Most long-time Colts fans are used to this time of year.

It's just another trip around the same block with stops at Injury Mart and Panic Outlet before we get to go enjoy ourselves on Excitement Strip.

This time of year isn't exciting, it's interesting and nerve-wracking.  We just have to be patient and hope we have something to be really excited about in a few months.

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I equate it to renovating a house: at first, it's a mess, with rubble everywhere. It stinks and the Mrs. is complaining about the dust and debris.

But the foundation is made level, walls are built, the new electrical, plumbing and HVAC are installed, walls are painted and finally the shiny new appliances and fixtures are put in their place.

As Colts fans, we may have to bare the stings of National analysts and some fellow fans who do not believe there is hope for this year. But this thing could come together, if Luck returns healthy, the Oline and defense gel and the run game takes a leap forward. I'm hoping until there is no longer a reason to hope that the house will be solid and this year will be the start of something special. GO COLTS!!!

It would take 3 SB appearances and at least 2 more wins before we were considered anything remotely respectable to the analysts and media.

which I can't say shouldn't be that way.  This is the era that the colts will have those multiple SB wins. It is time we join the dynasty's in the NFL. Irsay knows this and I'm sure Ballard does too. 

Andrew won't be here forever. 

I just want to see the development of the revamped defense. If they can show promise at the team and individual level in the pre-season thatll be enough for me. I couldn't care less about winning games in the pre-season. We know what we have with the offense when Luck comes back. Yeah, Kelly being out til week 5-ish is a big blow, but it's not like we weren't winning games before he got here so I think we will be okay until he comes back. 

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I gotta say,  the Capt. Andrew Luck twitter account is one of my favorite pieces of Social Media.    Such a great account.     I alays look forward to them and laugh out loud over their tweets!      Great stuff,  and thanks for sharing them,  TK!!

I just want to see disciplined play, good tackling, a physical performance, and some semblance of execution on offense. I don't care about the final score, but I don't want the team to look ragged every preseason game. All these things should be attainable with or without Luck, and if we can't look like a professional team without him, then we have a low ceiling even with him.

25 minutes ago, Superman said:

I just want to see disciplined play, good tackling, a physical performance, and some semblance of execution on offense. I don't care about the final score, but I don't want the team to look ragged every preseason game. All these things should be attainable with or without Luck, and if we can't look like a professional team without him, then we have a low ceiling even with him.

I'm hoping that was a serious point of interest this week. It gets so frustrating seeing this same issue come up every year.