Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne on NFL Network

TKnight24

People (including myself here) are having a hard time with the fact that maybe they just really don't know when he's going to be good to go.

I just hope that some of the fear mongering that there's a cover up about the severity/status of the rehab is wrong. You'll have to forgive some of us that have watched this team be less than forth right with the status of the franchise QB before though.. 

Count me as getting more nervous about this by the day.

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

People (including myself here) are having a hard time with the fact that maybe they just really don't know when he's going to be good to go.

I just hope that some of the fear mongering that there's a cover up about the severity/status of the rehab is wrong. You'll have to forgive some of us that have watched this team be less than forth right with the status of the franchise QB before though.. 

Count me as getting more nervous about this by the day.

The most important thing is to not let him comeback before he is ready.  I would rather he miss sometime now and be completely healthy than risk making it worse.  Everything will be fine.  Worst case,  we get a high draft pick next year with a healthy qb on the cusp of becoming elite

51 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I believe if there was ANY chance that Luck can miss a significant amount of games, they've already brought someone in. My gut feeling is, that for the Colts, the fine line might be somewhere at 1, maybe 2 games. If they think Luck will miss 0 to 2 games, then they'll go with Tolzien. If they think he might miss more, then they'd bring in a replacement. They haven't done it yet, so I assume, Luck is either still on tract to be back for the season opener, or won't miss more than 2 games.

I realize the injuries/surgeries to Luck and Newton were different, but it sounds as though Cam has aggravated his repaired shoulder and now has to sit everything out. Would it be fair to say that the Colts have handled Andrew for the better since there is no indication that he has aggravated his surgically repaired shoulder? I am all for the "don't rush it" rehab process the Colts appear to be taking with our most important player. If I was a Carolina fan, I'd be more concerned about the QBs health moving forward.

2 minutes ago, sreeb2deeni said:

I realize the injuries/surgeries to Luck and Newton were different, but it sounds as though Cam has aggravated his repaired shoulder and now has to sit everything out. Would it be fair to say that the Colts have handled Andrew for the better since there is no indication that he has aggravated his surgically repaired shoulder? I am all for the "don't rush it" rehab process the Colts appear to be taking with our most important player. If I was a Carolina fan, I'd be more concerned about the QBs health moving forward.

Very fair

5 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

I believe if there was ANY chance that Luck can miss a significant amount of games, they've already brought someone in. My gut feeling is, that for the Colts, the fine line might be somewhere at 1, maybe 2 games. If they think Luck will miss 0 to 2 games, then they'll go with Tolzien. If they think he might miss more, then they'd bring in a replacement. They haven't done it yet, so I assume, Luck is either still on tract to be back for the season opener, or won't miss more than 2 games.

This what I'm thinking, too.

If Andrew wasn't going to be ready....we'd have brought in another QB by now so he could play in the pre-season.

That QB acquisition would have had to have been made by now.

So our management must believe Luck will  be ready in week one

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This what I'm thinking, too.

If Andrew wasn't going to be ready....we'd have brought in another QB by now so he could play in the pre-season.

That QB acquisition would have had to have been made by now.

So our management must believe Luck will  be ready in week one

Wasn't the same thing said about Peyton and Painter?

9 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Take this as you wish......

:colts:

My guess is Wayne is just going off what the Colts and other local media guys have been saying about Luck there at the end rather than him having inside info on this.  If he did I don't think he says the first part.

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Wasn't the same thing said about Peyton and Painter?

Collins was brought in once it was clear Peyton would need another surgery and pretty much miss the season.  Up until that point they were hopeful Peyton would be back all be it not at the start of the season.  

Still I think this is closer to 08 when Peyton missed all of the pre-season but was ready to go week one.  Luck might not be ready week one but I think he will be ready shortly thereafter.  Still expect a slow start from him just like Peyton had in 08.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Collins was brought in once it was clear Peyton would need another surgery and pretty much miss the season.  Up until that point they were hopeful Peyton would be back all be it not at the start of the season.  

Still I think this is closer to 08 when Peyton missed all of the pre-season but was ready to go week one.  Luck might not be ready week one but I think he will be ready shortly thereafter.  Still expect a slow start from him just like Peyton had in 08.

Exactly. Not that it'll automatically make the Colts offense significantly better in the beginning though. It took 5-7 weeks for Peyton to get back in form in 2008. So Luck might also need several weeks to regain even his 2016 himself. (And he very well be better than his 2016 by the end of the season.)