Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Need To Draft Tall Wr's In This Draft!

13 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of WR do you want

• WR short and slow
    • Tall and slow

Dont you think we need taller WR's . All are WR's are 6-0 except Blair White who is 6-2 . I think we can pick up some nice tall

recievers in the draft and free agency. I think we should pick up Alshon Jeffery and Jeff Fuller and lavasier Tuinei.

All are recievers are not that fast (except Garcon) so you would think they would be tall NO.Are recievers arent that fast and WR

short.

So wouldnt you want are recevers to be tall and not that fast instead of WR short and slow.

Garcon is fast in all but not that good at getting open.

R1P1.) Andrew Luck QB 6-4 4.73

R2 P34.) Alshon Jeffery WR 6-4 4.56

R3 P65.) Cliff Harris CB 5-11 4.49

R4 P98.) Jeff Fuller WR 6-4 4.52

R5 P130.) Brandon Taylor SS 5-11 4.57

R6 P163.) Mike Daniels DT 6-0 4.84

R7 P195.)Lavasier Tuinei WR 6-5 4.59

Your thoughts.

I think with Arians on borad we might see more the quicker smaller reciever (i.e Santonio Holmes and the current Steeler corps.) This makes me think that Kendall Wright would be an intriguing pick if available at 34. Also, I heard some rumblings that Michael Crabtree could be on the trading block for a mid-round pick. He seemed like a solid possession reciever this year except for a few drops in the playoffs. Would he be worth a 4-5th round selection? He's a pretty solid edge blocker and Arians loves WR screens which Crabtree ran a ton of at Texas Tech. Just a thought, I would draft Jeffery (provided he has a solid workout) or Wright in a heartbeat at #34 though.

New England has proven that shorter WR's work, but you need crisp route-running and A+ chemistry from the QB to do so. This will bite New England in the butt when Tom Brady and or Bill Belichick are gone and they're left with a bunch of chipmunks who can't get their timings right with their new QB.

Since we're taking Andrew Luck (I assume), we can make shorter WR's work, but this all depends if Andrew Luck is as good as we hope. He needs to be like Peyton Manning, take his WR's to the side, and work with them diligently in practice.

I have always dreamed of peyton having a big WR that can just go up and make a big play if needed. My brother and I have had this discussion about "what if" peyton had Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, or a Calvin Johnson. It would have been even more scary.

Peyton to Calvin Johnson.............. Thats a beautiful dream

First off, let me say that your poll question is ridiculous so why even bother.

Now if Mohammad Sanu is on the board at the top of the second round then I think we are justified in taking him over a NT but if the Patriots or another organization picks him up at the tail end of round one then I'd rather see us pick up a NT as in Alameda Ta'amu or Dontari Poe to begin our transition to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid defense that I think Pagano wants to run. There are a lot of great sleeper WR's in this draft. In particular I'd like to highlight some later round WR's that could really help this team:

Jurion Criner - University of Arizona

He was the most reliable receiver for Nick Foles this past year. The guy just flat out solid as a possession receiver that excels in the red zone. His off the field issues are a non-issue and few think he will drop farther than rounds 3-4 where he is projected to go. 6' 2" - 220lb

Jarrett Boykin - Virginia Tech

This is another great kid projected to go as low as round 5. He is productive as heck and possesses all the physical attributes you'd need to excel in the NFL - 6' 2" - 215lb

Another late round or possible UDFA in 2012 that I really think we should look at is ASU's Gerell Robinson. That kid was amazing this last year. Clutch receiver who had five 100-yard games totalling 1,156 receiving yards for the year. He is 6' 3" 222lb. His draft profile is a joke on many sites. I watched most of the ASU games this year and he plays way better than they give him credit for. He isn't a burner but he does have good hands and fights for the ball in traffic. He also seems to know exactly where to sit down in his routes when playing against zone coverages as he is always open. He is also taller than many DB's and is athletic enough to out-jump them.

Fast with good intelligence to pick up a playbook, recognize coverages quickly and get open. No matter what package that comes in, get that guy.

I personally like Jarius Wright, WR from Arkansas. He is the next DeSean Jackson without the attitude. He can fly past CBs, flat out can.

The guy who can be drafted purely on potential, like Jimmy Graham, is Tommy Streeter, he has the best combination of size and speed for a round 3-4 wideout.

Btw, terrible options for the poll.

Lame thread imo. You could be a 6 5" 230 lbs muscled up freak wr for all I care. And our wrs may be slow, but they run good crisp routes. (with the exception of garcon, who has speed instead). Like another poster said, give me Marvin Harrison over randy moss any day. If they are big and slow, i would much rather have wrs who can run crisp routes and catch well.

Lame thread imo. You could be a 6 5" 230 lbs muscled up freak wr for all I care. And our wrs may be slow, but they run good crisp routes. (with the exception of garcon, who has speed instead). Like another poster said, give me Marvin Harrison over randy moss any day. If they are big and slow, i would much rather have wrs who can run crisp routes and catch well.

Agreed. Being tall does not mean the same thing as being open. Speed and route running ability (or zone awareness, depending on the defense) are the most consistent ways to get open. After that, you have to look at catching ability.

If we just want height, lets draft a whole class full of tight ends who are 6'5" behemoths and start them at receiver.

He must not be well known only 2 people here have replied about him. Tommie Streeter is 6'5 and runs a 4.4 forty i think tall and fast would be great. He might be the best wr in this draft when we look back at it 6 years from now. With those numbers if he can only catch the ball he will be great.

He must not be well known only 2 people here have replied about him. Tommie Streeter is 6'5 and runs a 4.4 forty i think tall and fast would be great. He might be the best wr in this draft when we look back at it 6 years from now. With those numbers if he can only catch the ball he will be great.

thats mostly because he only had one year of significant playing time

stonehart...You're acting a little ignorant. You assume that all short receivers are slow, if anything they're much faster. Wright is small, but fast. Blackmon is average height, but pretty fast. So it should be:

- Short, generally fast, and a good possession receiver

- Tall, average speed, and good hands

I think a good possession receiver is better than a redzone target as Peyton has survived without a big body during his career, and I think getting more reliable receivers is better than gettting a big guy.