Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Player you're most excited about

CR91

Got to go with Green just for the raw potential. At his lowest, he is a nobody and never plays a snap outside of special teams. At his middle he's he a solid free safety. At his highest he is a top cornerback in this league thanks to his in unteachable athleticism. He just needs a lot of coverage development. Not sure where he's most likely to settle, but I think his cealing is higher than anyone else we drafted and has me really rooting for him to pan out. Second would be Kelly. It's hard to beat  the feeling of knowing we finally have a mainstay in the interior o-line.

5 hours ago, Tracy Denton said:

I think they plan on playing him at FS. Take over for Adams next year ?

He was considered a safety, but after his combine and pro day, some are projecting him as a CB. Honestly I don't mind what we do with him. FS does make sense, since Adams is getting up there in age, but if the team wants him to be a future CB then i'm good with it

I have to say i'm equally as excited about Kelly and Green.

Kelly should instantly improve this offensive line. Hopefully he turns out to be the solution at center for a long time.

I question the Green pick but have no trouble seeing his upside. If he can come close to playing up to his potential he can be one of the game wreckers that this defense really needs.

Kelly without a doubt. But also intrigued by Clark, Ridgeway, and Morrison. These guys could be absolute stallions. This is a draft that could put the Colts on the map, or bring them to their knees. Its incredibly courageous (or foolhearty, depending upon your viewpoint) by Grigs and team. Lets hope they're right. Because the future of the team rests upon their judgement. I think the Colts are close, but they have to hit on this draft. 

I'm exicted/anxious to see TJ Green this offseason. Can't wait until the open mini camp to see what he's able to pick up. We'll probably need him this year and as a second round pick we can't have a "project".

Really excited to see the pass rushers as well. Had my eye on Maggitt for a while. Watch out for Eze Obiora as well. I like what I've seen from him so far. Both of these players just need to train with Mathis.

I'm super excited for Kelly, and it really helps that one of his best attributes is that he looks like a "safe" pick, you know what you're getting and that's a great center. 

T.J Greens potential though is through the roof, I'm really excited for what he could be.

I want to see Kelly on the goal line .  I read he excels at getting push there.  

Green is our attempt at Ed Reed and Bob Sanders... a superstar.  Pagano was so worried we might not get him.  Can he turn that potential to reality.

I gotta go with Ryan Kelly at Center because it told me straight outta the gate that Grigs, Pags, & Jimmy are committed to protecting Chewbacca AKA Luck. 

Your first pick in every draft sets the tone baby. Plain & simple. Build the foundation first & then everything else falls into place. 

I also like that we took him as high as we did because it reinforced the notion that sometimes a bulky linemen with good feet & hands is more valuable than a high profile luxury pick. Sometimes, sports cars aren't the answer. Sturdy plows that clear debris consistently are. Enough said. 

6 hours ago, John Dee said:

Thanks ..     never really left just quiet ... :)

That's good to hear JD. My mistake. I'm always glad to hear what you have to say whenever you feel compelled to share your thoughts though. Silence does have it's perks no doubt.